Topic locked

Re: International Championship Wild Card and Last 32 Discuss

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Well, after some issues with a visa, Graeme eventually gets it and is ensconced in his hotel now. It would be nice though if his cue and luggage were with him.
Just saying .

Sorry a bit think today, but are you basically saying Graeme has lost his cue and luggage?

where did he last see them, perhaps Crimewatch could do a reconstruction :gag:

Postby Monique

snooky147 wrote:Well, after some issues with a visa, Graeme eventually gets it and is ensconced in his hotel now. It would be nice though if his cue and luggage were with him.
Just saying .

That's very unfortunate.
I Yixing Ben Judge was in the same situation and played wearing Mike Ganley's trousers and shirt and Mark Williams waiscoat. I can't remember who's cue he borrowed. But he could not find appropriate shoes and played in his socks.
Somehow I'm not sure though that Mike's trousers and shirt would fit Graeme …

All jokes aside I DO hope it all comes good in time for his match. Nobody needs that additional stress when playing an important match.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Just saying .

That's very unfortunate.
I Yixing Ben Judge was in the same situation and played wearing Mike Ganley's trousers and shirt and Mark Williams waiscoat. I can't remember who's cue he borrowed. But he could not find appropriate shoes and played in his socks.
Somehow I'm not sure though that Mike's trousers and shirt would fit Graeme …

All jokes aside I DO hope it all comes good in time for his match. Nobody needs that additional stress when playing an important match.

BREAKING NEWS - first pic of Dott after trying on Ganleys trousers

Postby Skullman

Have to agree with Allen about Ronnie not entering, but it's hard to predict what Ronnie'll do a week in advance let alone a few months. I doubt he entered the tournament with a last withdrawal in mind. A lot can change in a few months and what seemed like a good idea in August/whenever he entered the IC might not in late October.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Have to agree with Allen about Ronnie not entering, but it's hard to predict what Ronnie'll do a week in advance let alone a few months. I doubt he entered the tournament with a last withdrawal in mind. A lot can change in a few months and what seemed like a good idea in August/whenever he entered the IC might not in late October.

With India in the Frame to Stage a Ranking Event and 5 in China 1 in Germany and 6 European and 3 Asian PTC Ronnie career looks like Stalling Big time.

He cant really Rely on British Event to Curb a Ranking Free Fall.

So he has to Decide Soon if he sees his Future in Tournament Snooker or Not.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Come on Ronnie, why are you doing this again? This is not excusable. Very disappointing.

Yeah I know the feeling Snooker overdrive... :sad: :sad: :sad: really really disappointing... really thought he would play this... I'm with Skull... why even enter if he then wants to pull out? Ok, like Skull also said, a LOT can happen between when he entered it and now..... but it's really a shame that he has done it once again..

If he only relies on UK events, I fear he will free fall in the ranking like Wild said... and more and more tourneys are held in China and mainland Europe...

So, maybe it's time for him to REALLY quit the sport, or start living in China.... :john:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Come on Ronnie, why are you doing this again? This is not excusable. Very disappointing.

Yeah I know the feeling Snooker overdrive... :sad: :sad: :sad: really really disappointing... really thought he would play this... I'm with Skull... why even enter if he then wants to pull out? Ok, like Skull also said, a LOT can happen between when he entered it and now..... but it's really a shame that he has done it once again..

If he only relies on UK events, I fear he will free fall in the ranking like Wild said... and more and more tourneys are held in China and mainland Europe...

So, maybe it's time for him to REALLY quit the sport, or start living in China.... :john:

Thats the thing he cant carry on like this snooker is going global.

he cant rely on british events and with money rankings Ronnie could win the World Title and stay comfortably inside the top 16 but in 2 years time when those points will come off and he loses in the last 32 his ranking will fall dramaticly.......players could go from top 4 to mid 20s even lower after one tournament.

Postby Wildey

But the only way the Flat 128 Draw will come in if they All Travels to China and India and Australia.

Can you seriously see Aussie Open with Robbo playing Qualifiers in Britain or Ding in danger of not be in China.

Flat system will come in Eventually But Money Rankings will be in Place quite a Few years before that will be Possible to be implemented.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 28th of October

6.30am

Cao Yupeng v Wang Yuchen TV
Shaun Murphy v Andrew Higginson TV
Michael White v Lu Haotian
Ken Doherty v Zhao Xintong

11.30am

Neil Robertson v Ryan DayTV
Aditya Mehta v Zhu YinghuiTV
Fergal O'Brien v Chen Feilong
Jamie Burnett v Niu Zhuang

Postby hendry_fan

Wow!!,Monique and Skullman are already out of bed!,i,m impressed:D

What a let off for Murphy in the 3rd frame,Higginson had 2 good chances to snatch it but just could,nt bring it home!. :dizzy:

I,ve just read the news about Ronnie,i could hardly believe my eyes when i read that ONCE AGAIN HE,S NOT TAKIN PART!,whatever he,s playin at,it,s certainly not snooker!. :? :roll:

Postby Skullman

Meanwhile Cao having a nightmare, looking like going 4-1 down.

Don't know whether it's the pressure of playing in his home country or he's been unable to practise because of his recent wrist injury, but he hasn't been playing anywhere near his best.

Postby hendry_fan

*Shaun Murphy* 6-0 Andrew Higginson

Well,that was a very quick trip to china for Mr Higginson,he gets well n truly thumped!. :dizzy:

The *147* would have been very difficult to make anyway considering where the last 2 reds were.

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:Very convincing performance for Murphy.
Cao playing on for an unlikely number of snookers… He's not playing well and you wonder if he could practice lately as he hurt his hand recently and had to pull out of PTCs

Maybe Ronnie pulled out of the tourney due to a hand problem!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Cao in trouble here and thanks to a wild card round it could deprive us of a Cao v Higgins match where i would expect cao to play better.

the pressure on cao a pro to beat a Amateur player in china must be immense and hes not coping with that.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:
Cao playing on for an unlikely number of snookers… He's not playing well and you wonder if he could practice lately as he hurt his hand recently and had to pull out of PTCs

Maybe it was sore from him giving snooker the finger so often.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:

well he is a banker <laugh>