Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby simplysnooker

Sonny wrote:scratched, and Ronnie didn't take part because we all know he's not the best traveller, is playing in the China Open anyway and could afford to miss this event rankingswise after doing well recently in previous events.

OOOOOOH somebody is upset that Selby lost! :D :happy: :baby:

Postby Alpha

Glandular fever or no glandular fever, O'Sullivan was never going to play in this event. However, he doesn't really need the ranking points and I'd much rather O'Sullivan stayed home then fly all the way to China and disrespect the game by bashing the balls around.

Hope Allen v Lee is a good game, I reckon Allen will win it.

Postby hendry_fan

Mark Allen v Stephen Lee

So,it,s Mark The "Twit" Allen v "The Trowbridge Warrior" Stephen Lee!.

Come on Lee,it,s time for you to add another piece of silverware to your collection and to get your 5th ranking title under your belt my lad!. :-)

Send that "Twit" Allen back to his computer so he can "Twitter" all day!. :fart: :-D

Postby Skullman

kostasmad wrote:Yeah Sonny was right...4-0 and looks like the first and easy trophy for Allen...

You act as if comebacks never happen. 19 frames is a long time and momentum can shift.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Allen goes 4-0 up at the MSI with a 134. Can Lee up his game?

persanally i dont think it makes any different what Lee does Allen not only playing well hes proved this week he can do it under the cosh.

Allen is in the Zone and will romp to the title from here.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:Allen goes 4-0 up at the MSI with a 134. Can Lee up his game?

persanally i dont think it makes any different what Lee does Allen not only playing well hes proved this week he can do it under the cosh.

Allen is in the Zone and will romp to the title from here.

Well if Lee takes the next four frames (unlikely) it might put Allen under some more pressure. He hasn't anyone come back at him this week.

Postby Monique

Skullman wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Yeah Sonny was right...4-0 and looks like the first and easy trophy for Allen...

You act as if comebacks never happen. 19 frames is a long time and momentum can shift.

i doubt it. Lee didn't play for 2 snookers in the previous frame and literally offered the fourth on a plate to his opponent. It's early days but he looks beaten in his head already. He said yesterday that he was happy with his run and the ranking points he got already. Of the two there is one who wants it a lot more than the other and that's Allen.

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:
Skullman wrote:

i doubt it. Lee didn't play for 2 snookers in the previous frame and literally offered the fourth on a plate to his opponent. It's early days but he looks beaten in his head already. He said yesterday that he was happy with his run and the ranking points he got already. Of the two there is one who wants it a lot more than the other and that's Allen.

Really? That's a shame that Lee is already satisfied with his run. He should always be trying to go one step further. Well it's too late to tell him that now.

I still think there is more drama to come though.

Postby Wildey

Allen has infact made 11 centuries this week and correct me if im wrong the record in a best of 9 tournament is 12 by Hendry in the mid 90s so Allen well on course to smash that.

so much for poor conditions and table lol

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:Allen has infact made 11 centuries this week and correct me if im wrong the record in a best of 9 tournament is 12 by Hendry in the mid 90s so Allen well on course to smash that.

Correction. Allen has only made 9. Don't know about most centuries in a best of 9, only that Hendry has the record for most centuries in a tournament, 16 in the 2002 Worlds.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:Allen has infact made 11 centuries this week and correct me if im wrong the record in a best of 9 tournament is 12 by Hendry in the mid 90s so Allen well on course to smash that.

Correction. Allen has only made 9. Don't know about most centuries in a best of 9, only that Hendry has the record for most centuries in a tournament, 16 in the 2002 Worlds.

yes i counted wrong lol

it is early in the morning ;-) but even still thats the most in a best of 9s by a single player for years and i do believe Hendry made 12 in 1993 or 4 in the Sky International Open.

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:

PHEW!!!! :phew: thank goodness Wild counted wrong,he had me worried there,it,ll be bad enough if Allen wins this title (which he looks like doin so at the mom!),never mind him stealing a record from Hendry!. :dizzy: :-)