Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:8-1 to Allen it is then.. and this could very very easily have been 9 nil if Allen hadnt missed a red to middle in the 6th frame when on a 50 odd break..

And if it indeed goes 10-1, when was the last timewe had that result in a best of 19 frames final? 2004 Uk Championship maybe..

For a final, I think 2004 Uk champs is the last one. Though there probably have been a few 10-1 scorelines in the first round at the Worlds.

There have been a few at the Crucible yes.. Ding 10-1 against Stuart pettmann springs to mind... Yes 2004 was the last one as I said, Maguire demolished David Gray 10-1... Allen about to do the same here to Lee..

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Time to come out of the woodwork those who told me it would be close when I said Allen would romp it.

:redneck:

I was one of those.. :emb: you were right when you said Allen is just on another level at the moment, a level Lee can´t seem to reach..

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Time to come out of the woodwork those who told me it would be close when I said Allen would romp it.

:redneck:

I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong. <ok>

No chance of Lee winning it now, but he can at least make the scoreline a bit more respectable.

Postby Roland

Sometimes you can say it's all on the day, other times there's only going to be one result. Lee is having a great season but he's not at Allen's level as you say Andre.

Postby Roland

Obviously I know how good he is but the second semi yesterday was like watching club players in comparison to the first. Had Selby got a decent chance in one of the last four frames he would be the one currently sitting on a tidy lead just a few frames from a ranking title. That's the way it goes, Selby v Allen was the final, happens like that sometimes.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Sometimes you can say it's all on the day, other times there's only going to be one result. Lee is having a great season but he's not at Allen's level as you say Andre.

This one was all on the day, and it's not Lee's day. I think Lee's problem is consistency. He can still put good enough performances to compete with the top players, but not every match.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:If they played tomorrow or the day after Allen would still win. :shrug:

Disagree. But no point arguing about it, what's done is done and Allen is currently 8-1 up on Lee and will probably win 10-1.

Postby Casey

Skullman wrote:
Sonny wrote:Sometimes you can say it's all on the day, other times there's only going to be one result. Lee is having a great season but he's not at Allen's level as you say Andre.

This one was all on the day, and it's not Lee's day. I think Lee's problem is consistency. He can still put good enough performances to compete with the top players, but not every match.

Allen has played the better snooker all week, beating the Uk Champ and World Number 1 along the way.

On another note, can't believe the second session is not live on TV.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Allen has played the better snooker all week, beating the Uk Champ and World Number 1 along the way.

On another note, can't believe the second session is not live on TV.

Was the first session? Eurosport does this alot. They didn't cover the German final, half of the Shanghai final and most of this one. The only finals they do cover completely are the BBC ones.

Edit: Forgot Australia, but I'll let them off because I think the first session of the final started at the three in the morning or something ridiculous like that.
Last edited by Skullman on 04 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:
Sonny wrote:If they played tomorrow or the day after Allen would still win. :shrug:

Disagree. But no point arguing about it, what's done is done and Allen is currently 8-1 up on Lee and will probably win 10-1.

If you were talking best of 7s I'd agree, but not best of 11s or 19s

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Yea, the first session was on UK Eurosport. I will have to make do with watching the second session on my laptop.

Really? I though they were just showing skiing :grrr:

:irk: Never mind. I was expecting to watch the whole thing on fromsport anyway.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

seriously mate despite having a good season his level of play is scratchy at best hes getting results by hard graft but if he meets a form player which Allen is consistantly he will get beat hes just not up to that level at the moment.

When Allen wins today he will be 2nd on the one year list ahead of Trump.

Postby GJ

Allen was always a cert and lee is known to lack stamina in the longer matches

ALLENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:

seriously mate despite having a good season his level of play is scratchy at best hes getting results by hard graft but if he meets a form player which Allen is consistantly he will get beat hes just not up to that level at the moment.

When Allen wins today he will be 2nd on the one year list ahead of Trump.

I dunno. He's had some good wins this season. But maybe I am overrating Lee a bit.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Even though Allen is far ahead in frames, you get the feeling that the momentum in the match has shifted to Lee.

comment of the season

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:Even though Allen is far ahead in frames, you get the feeling that the momentum in the match has shifted to Lee.

comment of the season

<laugh> Is that a challenge for me to top that? Cause I can.

Postby Casey

This win would put Allen into the provisional top 8, he is however going to miss the PTC finals. That's a shame because he will lose out on some momentum.

Ironically should he go onto win the tournament his two professional titles will both come in China.....a Country he doesn't seem to like at all :-)

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:

comment of the season

To be fair I also said this after

Skullman wrote: Lee misses the snooker and leaves a free ball. So much for the momentum being with him.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:This win would put Allen into the provisional top 8, he is however going to miss the PTC finals. That's a shame because he will lose out on some momentum.

Ironically should he go onto win the tournament his two professional titles will both come in China.....a Country he doesn't seem to like at all :-)

No it won't. If he wins, the extra 1400 points will still leave him around 700 points short of Lee. But still impressive considering he was at 16th at the start of the tournament. <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The scoreline doesn't surprise me at all. Nothing against Lee but he is lacking of killer instinct for a long time now, I don't fancy him to win a really big match especially in the latter stages of a tournament against a top player and Allen proved since the UK that he is now a top player.

I agree with Sonny, Allen was always going to win this after yesterday.