Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:Ronnies comments are jokes, he knows what hes doing too

Williams and Allen are as the Oirish would say "Tick"

I'm pretty sure that a lot of Williams's comments are jokes or wumming. No idea about Allen.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:Ronnies comments are jokes, he knows what hes doing too

Williams and Allen are as the Oirish would say "Tick"

Ronnie isn't exactly brains of Britain and i'm not sure he knew what he was doing when he started on Hendry and Williams 10 years ago.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Witz you bucking idiot

every legend down the years has done their bit for snooker...

hendry totally transformed the mindset of playing the game before him you hardly saw players going for it from the first pot it was always take what was there then get the pack open even Jimmy and Alex played like that because that what was the done thing....

Hendry came in and basicly played atacking snooker never seen before that in turn lead to the likes of Ronnie and co and the players of today copying...

your just a stupid hammer writing rubbish <ok>

AND THE HENDRY INVENTED THE "GOING INTO PACK OFF THE RED" SHOT INFURIATES ME, AS DAVIS, HIGGINS AND JIMMY ALL PLAYED IT BEFORE HIM :clap:

no they bucking didnt you half witted twit

go back watch videos and you will see the duifference in the way Hendry atacked the Pack and the likes of Davis did.

ive seen plenty of footage of Jimmy and Alex playing the blue and into the pack of reds mate

you just like to twist the facts

or i suppose im talking balls again just like you said i was when i said there were more than 2 people who had had a fluke along the top of the rails of a cushion :pal:

HAHAHA

any fool can play blue in to pack its called playing snooker come back when you know what you talking about <doh>

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:exactly

ANY FOOL CAN AND HAS PLAYED THAT SHOT

so why does Hendry want to copyright it as if he invented it?

Ah yeh, cos he and his fans are the KINGS OF THE FOOLS

Has Hendry ever claimed the shot as his own, or is just his fans?

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:

prob just his fans

then again they try to claim hes the only man to win 7 world titles too <doh> <doh>

JOE :hatoff:
FRED <cool>

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

the Way Hendry played it was totally different than it was before for maximum effect Jesus christ seriously people watch snooker and they havent a clue in hell.

going in to the pack used to be played in joe davis time christ how else was balls supose to be potted.

the difference was instead of stunning in to the pack that has been done before bloody Jimmy was born Hendry started screwing in to the pack so that the pack spread better and cueball had a better chance to stay mid table.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

prob just his fans

then again they try to claim hes the only man to win 7 world titles too <doh> <doh>

FRED <cool>

Witz don't be a bucking Scottish runt theres a good hammer it don't suit you

Postby GJ

1 Shot Hendo didnt invent was this one it was clearly brought in by jimmy white :bowdown:

Choking a black off its spot in a decider

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Jimmy was one of the great innovators of modern snooker. Hendry basically watched him on telly and copied his shots.

Well Jimmy must be a thick runt then if he innovated something and the stupid goof couldn't even dominate with his own innovation rofl

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:The word runt is over-used except when applied to you, you Welsh runt.

call me what you want that dont meen your right......your ability of talking about snooker proves how clueless you are...

Carry on

Muppett= Wrong about everything

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
prob just his fans

FRED <cool>

Hendry is the only person to have won seven world titles. He's not the only person to have won seven or more though. Plus the earlier world titles are a different format and weren't comparable. Didn't Fred only play Walterson Donaldson for eight years? I don't they played knockout tournaments with 32 people.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:The word runt is over-used except when applied to you, you Welsh runt.

call me what you want that dont meen your right......your ability of talking about snooker proves how clueless you are...

Carry on

Muppett= Wrong about everything

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:1 Shot Hendo didnt invent was this one it was clearly brought in by jimmy white :bowdown:

Choking a black off its spot in a decider

<ok>

and then having witnesses this shot from close quarters, Hendry then went on to master it and use it to great effect over the last decade :clap:

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
prob just his fans

FRED <cool>

Hendry is the only person to have won seven world titles. He's not the only person to have won seven or more though. Plus the earlier world titles are a different format and weren't comparable. Didn't Fred only play Walterson Donaldson for eight years? I don't they played knockout tournaments with 32 people.

<doh>

Fred and Joe won their titles fair and square in proper tournaments <ok>

it was that CDL John Pulman who played challenge matches

and for the record he won 7 TITLES too :clap:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Wild wrote:call me what you want.

Thanks for the invitation! :-)

cant wait to receive mine too :baby:

Well Muppet Witz is ready to Receive are you going to give him one you been Gagging all night.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:Alright guys enough of this stuff, no more calling people runt's etc or you will receive warnings.

Lets just all agree Thorne is the GOAT and have done with it.

:bowdown: rofl

Postby The Cueist

Ronnie is a WUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D And he puts bums on seats and has always been true to himself on and off ther table,I think Ronnie is great and i am a great fan of him.

But he only won 3 world titles and Hendry won 7 and could have made it eight in the modern era.

Say what you like witz,The true answer is in the record books mate. :D :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby Roland

If player A beats player B 100 times in a row, and then player B beats player A playing to a standard player A never reached, does that mean he's a better player?

Postby Witz78

The Cueist wrote:
Say what you like witz,The true answer is in the record books mate. :D :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

fair enough mate <ok>

Player - Total
Years

Joe Davis 15
1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1946

Fred Davis 8
1948, 1949, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956

John Pulman 8
1957, 1964, 1964, 1965, 1965, 1965, 1966, 1968

Stephen Hendry 7
1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

fair enough mate <ok>

Player - Total
Years

Joe Davis 15
1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1946

Fred Davis 8
1948, 1949, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956

John Pulman 8
1957, 1964, 1964, 1965, 1965, 1965, 1966, 1968

Stephen Hendry 7
1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999

Wait did Pullman win several in the same year?

rofl If they did the World Championship multiple times in one year, Hendry could easily surpass Pullman and Fred Davis, and could easily challenge Joe Davis.

Postby Sickpotter

Again with the "let's compare incomperable eras" garbage? Sure are a dog with a bone Witz <laugh>

I doubt Hendry has ever layed claim to "inventing" the blue into the pack shot. Hendry had a tremendous arrogance about him while at his best but not that much ;-)

Silly claim to say the least, as many have noted the shot's been played for years. I wonder when it was first suggested and by whom? :chin:

Anyone know?

Postby The Cueist

Sickpotter wrote:Again with the "let's compare incomperable eras" garbage? Sure are a dog with a bone Witz <laugh>

I doubt Hendry has ever layed claim to "inventing" the blue into the pack shot. Hendry had a tremendous arrogance about him while at his best but not that much ;-)

Silly claim to say the least, as many have noted the shot's been played for years. I wonder when it was first suggested and by whom? :chin:

Anyone know?

Can't understand why witz bangs on about this,Just admit Hendry was the top 90's player when other great talents ,ROS,HIGGINS,MJW,STEVEN'S,HUNTER,LEE and many others were playing top drawer stuff.

We know he didnt cut the mustard in the post millenium era. <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Witz?Do you need a magnifying glass to get that scalpel to split the hair again. ;-)

Postby Witz78

Cueist.
Your biased tripe returns with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.
These guys you list werent Hendrys rivals. By the time hed won his 6th world title in 1996, Ronnie, Mjw and Higgins were just 20, Stevens was 18 and Hunter was 17 so dont try and kid anyone on that Hendry had his success against these guys. More like his dominance ended soon as these guys came of age.
Hendry was the top player of the early-mid 90s when likes of Davis, Jimmy, Parrot, McManus, Wattana, Morgan, Doherty etc were his true rivals. He was not the top player for the WHOLE of the 90s like you claim. Put it this way, Eddie Charlton played in as many World Championships as MJW did in the 90s.