Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:Last 64, so when Hendry was saying the first couple of rounds were easy, that was just getting him to the last 32.

The last 64 would just be as easy these days for the pros.

Anyway, it was a great display from Allen all week, I can see him winning a tournament a season now.

no in thoes days you had Top 32 v 32 Qualifiers then Last 32 Last 16 etc.

so when hendry was saying first couple of rounds was easy that got him to last 16 but your point is valid its really not that harder these days to get to the last 16.

:no:

Hendrys famous quote was about the Crucible and how he had a virtual bye to the QUARTER FINALS every year <ok>

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:Last 64, so when Hendry was saying the first couple of rounds were easy, that was just getting him to the last 32.

The last 64 would just be as easy these days for the pros.

Anyway, it was a great display from Allen all week, I can see him winning a tournament a season now.

no in thoes days you had Top 32 v 32 Qualifiers then Last 32 Last 16 etc.

so when hendry was saying first couple of rounds was easy that got him to last 16 but your point is valid its really not that harder these days to get to the last 16.

:no:

Hendrys famous quote was about the Crucible and how he had a virtual bye to the QUARTER FINALS every year <ok>

And at the end he got White, which was a virtual bye as well.

Postby Roland

Hendry's famous/infamous quote has been taken out of context somewhat, the fact is he was that far ahead of everyone else he didn't get remotely challenged until the latter stages of big events. If he was starting out again, I would say the level of challenge has moved back a round at most i.e. playing 1st round at the Crucible now is like playing second round 20 years ago. It doesn't detract from his achievements, I think you would be stupid to suggest the Hendry of 20 years ago wouldn't be bookies favourite for the world title today.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Hendry beat players at that time that had beaten Marcus Campbell and Mark Davis current top 32 players in qualifying <ok>

Campbell and Davis were kids back then

its a bit like in 10 years when someone beats Guodong, Lisowski etc en route to the title you claim this era is stronger because Davis and Campbell had beaten likes of Guodong, Lisowski etc in qualifying :dizzy:

Postby The Cueist

For christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

It dont matter a donkey's doo,The guy who scored the most frame winning point's won their respective matches.

White had many chances,He lost cause he never made the most of them ,Not because Hendry was so good all the time niether. ;-)

Same as Ronnie,Ronnie was better than Hendry in the late 90's and didnt do the job either,Nor Higgins.

Hendry was a worthy champ all 7 times as much as i wanted Jimmy or Ronnie to be lifting the world trophy.

Hendry squeezed every last drop of his god given talent out in the late 90's to accrue seven world titles and it could have been 8 if he had done Ebdon in the 2002 final.

He is a remarkable talent.

That had total commitment,White ,Ros and Higgins did not have his overriding qualities.Thus their amount of World title wins.

Hendry is the all time statistical legend,Title haul,Consistency for years on end.

Therefore,For me he is the ultimate matchplayer,Ronnie is just slightly more naturally gifted and more imaginitive in his shot selection.This has always been his downfall in top notch pressure matches,Many to mention.

Hendry has also been a better ambassador for the game without a doubt.IMO. :-)

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Hendry beat players at that time that had beaten Marcus Campbell and Mark Davis current top 32 players in qualifying <ok>

Campbell and Davis were kids back then

its a bit like in 10 years when someone beats Guodong, Lisowski etc en route to the title you claim this era is stronger because Davis and Campbell had beaten likes of Guodong, Lisowski etc in qualifying :dizzy:

20 years ago Hendry was a kid also however beating a experianced legend like Steve Davis became second nature to him as a kid <ok>

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:For christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

It dont matter a donkey's doo,The guy who scored the most frame winning point's won their respective matches.

White had many chances,He lost cause he never made the most of them ,Not because Hendry was so good all the time niether. ;-)

Same as Ronnie,Ronnie was better than Hendry in the late 90's and didnt do the job either,Nor Higgins.

Hendry was a worthy champ all 7 times as much as i wanted Jimmy or Ronnie to be lifting the world trophy.

Hendry squeezehttp://www.snookerisland.com/for ... &p=213977d every last drop of his god given talent out in the late 90's to accrue seven world titles and it could have been 8 if he had done Ebdon in the 2002 final.

He is a remarkable talent.

That had total commitment,White ,Ros and Higgins did not have his overriding qualities.Thus their amount of World title wins.

Hendry is the all time statistical legend,Title haul,Consistency for years on end.

Therefore,For me he is the ultimate matchplayer,Ronnie is just slightly more naturally gifted and more imaginitive in his shot selection.This has always been his downfall in top notch pressure matches,Many to mention.

Hendry has also been a better ambassador for the game without a doubt.IMO. :-)

people are also forgetting how natural a talent hendry was he first pick up a cue a month short of his 13th birthday and 4 years later he was at the crucible.

thats impressive by anyones standards.

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams MBE ‏ @markwil147

place stinks, people ignorant, burping spitting farting, dead cats everwhere i hate CWM. @pistol147

rofl rofl

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:What a loada biased tripe Cueist. I will pick the many flaws out of this after my work. Cant let the uneducated humanoids be brainwashed by your insane ramblings here

Right....much better they be brainwashed by your insane ramblings :roll:

Postby Witz78

ok, as promised :gag:

The Cueist wrote:For christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

It dont matter a donkey's doo,The guy who scored the most frame winning point's won their respective matches. i prefer my players to play a certain way, if they win thats a bonus

White had many chances,He lost cause he never made the most of them ,Not because Hendry was so good all the time niether. ;-) Jimmy already had too many Crucible battle scars before the 90s even started but yes he should have won '92 and '94 v Hendry

Same as Ronnie,Ronnie was better than Hendry in the late 90's and didnt do the job either,Nor Higgins. Ronnie was still raw in the late 90s to an extent, Higgins won a world title and became world number 1 in the late 90s.

Hendry was a worthy champ all 7 times as much as i wanted Jimmy or Ronnie to be lifting the world trophy. hes the only man to have more easier WC runs than Robbo

Hendry squeezed every last drop of his god given talent out in the late 90's to accrue seven world titles and it could have been 8 if he had done Ebdon in the 2002 final. UTTER TRASH, ahh so he squeezed out 1 paltry MAJOR after the age of 27, what a legend. And the million dollar question - why did he decline so suddenly??

He is a remarkable talent. WAS, but he got lucky playing in a transitional weak era

That had total commitment,White ,Ros and Higgins did not have his overriding qualities.Thus their amount of World title wins. Yeh you just answered it, he had commitment unlike these 3 but thats what sets him apart, these guys would rather be Peoples Champions than live a sad boring life

Hendry is the all time statistical legend,Title haul,Consistency for years on end. Davis has won more pro titles, thats good enough for me. Consistency for years on end? thats why he won 1 major after the age of 27 ??

Therefore,For me he is the ultimate matchplayer,Ronnie is just slightly more naturally gifted and more imaginitive in his shot selection.This has always been his downfall in top notch pressure matches,Many to mention. Ronnie would rather play instinctively and take his chances than be a boring dour robot

Hendry has also been a better ambassador for the game without a doubt.IMO. :-)Ronnie puts more bums on seats and has got more people interested so hes done more for snooker

Postby Wildey

Witz you bucking idiot

every legend down the years has done their bit for snooker...

hendry totally transformed the mindset of playing the game before him you hardly saw players going for it from the first pot it was always take what was there then get the pack open even Jimmy and Alex played like that because that what was the done thing....

Hendry came in and basicly played atacking snooker never seen before that in turn lead to the likes of Ronnie and co and the players of today copying...

your just a stupid hammer writing rubbish <ok>

Postby Witz78

Cueist said Hendry was a better ambassador than Ronnie for the game without a doubt.

I DIDNT HEAR YOU CALLING HIM A STUPID bucking hammer

but then i say Ronnie has done more for snooker than Hendry and you lose the rag......

you only go on a rant when it suits your ulterior motives YOU BIASED hammer

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Witz you bucking idiot

hendry totally transformed the mindset of playing the game before him you hardly saw players going for it from the first pot it was always take what was there then get the pack open even Jimmy and Alex played like that because that what was the done thing....

Hendry came in and basicly played atacking snooker never seen before that in turn lead to the likes of Ronnie and co and the players of today copying...

AND THE HENDRY INVENTED THE "GOING INTO PACK OFF THE RED" SHOT INFURIATES ME, AS DAVIS, HIGGINS AND JIMMY ALL PLAYED IT BEFORE HIM :clap:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Cueist said Hendry was a better ambassador than Ronnie for the game without a doubt.

but then i say Ronnie has done more for snooker than Hendry and you lose the rag......

with respect Ronnie comes across as a spoilt Brat that cant give a buck about snooker or his fans half the time if thats your definition of someone thats a Ambasador then Mark Allen should be right up your Street.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

AND THE HENDRY INVENTED THE "GOING INTO PACK OFF THE RED" SHOT INFURIATES ME, AS DAVIS, HIGGINS AND JIMMY ALL PLAYED IT BEFORE HIM :clap:

no they bucking didnt you half witted twit

go back watch videos and you will see the duifference in the way Hendry atacked the Pack and the likes of Davis did.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Jimmy was one of the great innovators of modern snooker. Hendry basically watched him on telly and copied his shots.

another useless hammer without any Knowledge what so ever in the way the game is played

i thought witz was suppose to be a player of sorts Michael Holt was spot on he hasn't a clue in hell what hes talking about

Michael Holt :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:There is only 0ne hammer here and he's a Welsh hammer.

Jimmy invented modern snooker. Hendry was just some dull potting machine with no personality who came along as the popularity for snooker wained.

hahahahahahahahahahaha what a wally

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:There is only 0ne hammer here and he's a Welsh hammer.

Jimmy invented modern snooker. Hendry was just some dull potting machine with no personality who came along as the popularity for snooker wained.

hahahahahahahahahahaha what a wally

Yes, I agree that Hendry was a wally. I prefer the 2012 version of Hendry. He's still a miserable sour-faced hammer but he loses all the time so you don't really have to see him on telly. :-)

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

no they bucking didnt you half witted twit

go back watch videos and you will see the duifference in the way Hendry atacked the Pack and the likes of Davis did.

ive seen plenty of footage of Jimmy and Alex playing the blue and into the pack of reds mate

you just like to twist the facts

or i suppose im talking balls again just like you said i was when i said there were more than 2 people who had had a fluke along the top of the rails of a cushion :pal:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Cueist said Hendry was a better ambassador than Ronnie for the game without a doubt.

with respect Ronnie comes across as a spoilt Brat that cant give a buck about snooker or his fans half the time if thats your definition of someone thats a Ambasador then Mark Allen should be right up your Street.

Allens a CDL

so is Williams

they are lowlife

Ronnie says and does some daft things, but poisonous igonorant retarded hatred isnt spouted out his gub like it is from Allen and Williams