Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby Skullman

kostasmad wrote:
Skullman wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Last time Milkins progressed to the semis, he blew it big time.

It was against Stevens in the Irish Masters and he lost from being 8-5 up and 50-0 in front!

He lost from in front to STEVENS rofl How long ago was this? Meanwhile, Lee in again with a cracking long red. He's brought his Aussie-slayer form today.

I think it was in 2005 before the WC that Stevens lost to Murphy. In the final Stevens trailer Ronnie 6-1 i think and fought back to eventually lose 10-8.

Well :hatoff: to Matt anyway. If you look at it he's unfairly labelled a bottler by some. He only lost those two world finals. And that quarter to Murphy. And last year to Allen.

And those are off the top of my head.

...Maybe some labels are right after all.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:it's alright, I'll take your word for it. I remember being sat there watching and thinking the match was slipping away, it must've been 7-4 then.

yeah with so many matches it can become confusing at times... that was probably one of the best matches I´ve ever seen, certainly one of the best at the Crucible

Postby Andre147

2-2 a fair reflection.. both players havent been at the races, just a century in the last frame from milkins the highlight of the match so far... still,I expect it to be a lot better after the interval

Postby Wildey

i think nobody deserves to win a tournament more than Allen some of his performances this season has been sensational and his break building since the UK Been top notch.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:i think nobody deserves to win a tournament more than Allen some of his performances this season has been sensational and his break building since the UK Been top notch.

Nobody deserves a tournament win until they get to 10 frames in the final.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:i think nobody deserves to win a tournament more than Allen some of his performances this season has been sensational and his break building since the UK Been top notch.

Nobody deserves a tournament win until they get to 10 frames in the final.

totally agree with that but some have won events this season and done nothing much else bingham to name one but Allen has put in first rate performances consistantly and is 3rd on the one year list behind Selby and Trump.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Lee gets a free ball as well. Btw it was out of order for Milkins to try and pressure Ivy's decision. Should be 4-2 now.

Robert didnt behave well there.. should just let the referee do their job and wait until the decision is made.. 4-2 to Lee that is, if he wins this one, cant see him losing, mind you, allen was 5-2 down as well and won it..

Postby Skullman

Plus your performances in earlier tournaments mean nothing when going into a new tournament. You can't think, oh he's done well in the Welsh/UK, but didn't win. He deserves this tournament.

Postby Wildey

kostasmad wrote:If Lee progress, it would be a good and close final I think. He has the edge in h2h against Allen...

Allen playing on a different level to lee at the moment though

Postby Roland

I've reprimanded on Twitter from Lee's manager for saying it but I'm sticking to my guns - no way is anyone other than Mark Allen winning this event. I think the final will be something like 9-3 or 9-4

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:I've reprimanded on Twitter from Lee's manager for saying it but I'm sticking to my guns - no way is anyone other than Mark Allen winning this event. I think the final will be something like 9-3 or 9-4

Think it will be a lot closer than that if Lee wins this semi.... still, yeah Allen will probably win, but not that easily as some of you are predicting

Edit: and by the way Sonny, final is best of 19, not best of 17

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I've reprimanded on Twitter from Lee's manager for saying it but I'm sticking to my guns - no way is anyone other than Mark Allen winning this event. I think the final will be something like 9-3 or 9-4

***********Going on Twitter ffor first time in 4 hours************

Need to see this <laugh>