Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yeh ding and hendry were others who voted against Hearn

basically that 110sport muppet Doyel brainwashed them all into voting for Walker

Did robbo

;-)

no he didnt to be fair :gag:

:bowdown: :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

HAHAHAAHAHA

found this gem on 606 :D

comment by Sonny (U3877544)

posted Aug 5, 2008

GJ - it's in snooker scene magazine.

Basically you know the story, Selt needed to win one more PIOS match to get his place on tour and before the game he said "If it gets close the cheque book will be coming out" which was taken as a joke.

Anyway, best of 7 and the opponent went 3-0 up and went to the toilet. Selt followed him and there was an exchange where he offered him £600 then up to a grand when he was refused on the grounds of it being unfair on the person who loses a place on the tour.

Then as you'd expect from 3-0 up the opponent found himself under massive pressure with all this stuff going on in his head and he cracked and Selt won 4-3 along the way making quips like "600 plus prize money, it's a lot of money Rob, think about it".

I mean given this has happened I doubt Selt will ever put himself in this position again and will have learned his lesson but even so, you can see why he did it but it was dishonourable and he got away with it.

| complain about this comment

comment by GJ THE AUSSIE STUD (U10814819)

posted Aug 5, 2008

oneball

disappointing behaviour and i hope robbo has nothing more to do with pom selt

would selt be from liverpool by any chnace

GJ, can i have a comment please :D

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:HAHAHAAHAHA

found this gem on 606 :D

comment by Sonny (U3877544)

posted Aug 5, 2008

GJ - it's in snooker scene magazine.

Basically you know the story, Selt needed to win one more PIOS match to get his place on tour and before the game he said "If it gets close the cheque book will be coming out" which was taken as a joke.

Anyway, best of 7 and the opponent went 3-0 up and went to the toilet. Selt followed him and there was an exchange where he offered him £600 then up to a grand when he was refused on the grounds of it being unfair on the person who loses a place on the tour.

Then as you'd expect from 3-0 up the opponent found himself under massive pressure with all this stuff going on in his head and he cracked and Selt won 4-3 along the way making quips like "600 plus prize money, it's a lot of money Rob, think about it".

I mean given this has happened I doubt Selt will ever put himself in this position again and will have learned his lesson but even so, you can see why he did it but it was dishonourable and he got away with it.

| complain about this comment

comment by GJ THE AUSSIE STUD (U10814819)

posted Aug 5, 2008

oneball

disappointing behaviour and i hope robbo has nothing more to do with pom selt

would selt be from liverpool by any chnace

GJ, can i have a comment please :D

I seem to remember my account was hacked around then :evilgrin: :gag:

Postby Witz78

FAO snooky,

im hitting the Q Club 2mora, then something just dawned on me, whats the crack with Alan Craig the Scottish Snooker guy?

hes not been on Twitter for over 2 months and he joined up here but then hasnt logged in in 3 months?

he was usually online all the time too !?!

Postby kostasmad

I know you like him :-)

Not my cup of tea though. Its not that he is slow (I like Ebdon for example). Its more his mentality that breaks my nerves.

I think he is good. Not that good as people say. Is a bit hyped as the late Paul Hunter was. One level below what most people think of him as a player

PS: One example is the frame you are watching now. Ronnie, Williams or Hendry would have cleared the table by now...
Last edited by kostasmad on 03 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

No way Paul Hunter was hyped! Just because he died at 26 doesn't mean people blow how good he was out of proportion. He really was as good as the hype suggests. Just like Selby deserves the WN1 spot.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Because MarkSelbyNo1Fan isn't here...

Come on Selby!

Been up for a while, just pretending to be asleep right now.

I'm still not sleeping very well, me. Woke up at 2, didn't go back to sleep to gone 4. Might have a bit of a nap later, cos I'm an old man.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:Mark Allen 1 3 Mark Selby (MSI)

Come on Selby!!!!.

Of course it aint over yet,but it,s looking good for Selbs. <ok>

One thing is that Allen doesn't look as focused as he did against Judd, so he may not be mentally up for another comeback. Plus there's his problem with semis. Good signs for Selby fans,

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:

Come on Selby!

I'm still not sleeping very well, me. Woke up at 2, didn't go back to sleep to gone 4. Might have a bit of a nap later, cos I'm an old man.

Don't go for afternoon naps. Being more rested during the day can mean it's harder for you to sleep at night. Maybe that's the problem?

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:One thing is that Allen doesn't look as focused as he did against Judd, so he may not be mentally up for another comeback. Plus there's his problem with semis. Good signs for Selby fans,

You've jinxed it now. Mark Allen for the win.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Don't go for afternoon naps. Being more rested during the day can mean it's harder for you to sleep at night. Maybe that's the problem?

I don't usually. Just been having some insomnia attacks the past couple of weeks. I'm always tired.

But I do think we've got to worry, last night it was before 8pm, and I wanted to go to bed. I was asleep by 8.45pm.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:One thing is that Allen doesn't look as focused as he did against Judd, so he may not be mentally up for another comeback. Plus there's his problem with semis. Good signs for Selby fans,

You've jinxed it now. Mark Allen for the win.

Don't believe in jinxing.

But just in case - Rob Milkins World Open Champion 2012 :ahh:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:

Come on Selby!

How "old" are you SnookerFan?.

Where i work,it,s said that as from the age of 40,your regarded as "old" these days!. :dizzy:

I,m 43,so i,m already an "old fogey" :gramp: <laugh>