Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Quarter Final Discussion

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Fair enough. I still think Trump will win it either this year or next.

So long as he wins it by 2017 at the latest hes won it at a younger age than Jono did :D

So Trump just wants to win a World Title at a younger age than Robbo? And you were the one complaining about players not being driven enough and being happy with a good win.

Robbo will have 2 before 3-0 bottle job boy even gets near 1

so keep dreaming witzy boy :spot on:

Postby snooky147

Twice, but who's counting. He could not get to grips with the conditions and neither could Marcus yesterday. I just hope the two TV tables are a little dryer and dont run off quite so much. Some players who have a power game can handle these conditions but its not especially good for touch players. He is more than capable of beating Lee but his game will have to improve several notches for him to do so.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Surprised that Selby hammered Murphy but on the other hand Shaun always gets hammered if he loses this season.

But Selby has win this tourament now he is at his career peak right now and has to make the most of it now - winning tournaments. He still is level with Dale and Carter.

no Selby has 2 masters aswell.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Twice, but who's counting. He could not get to grips with the conditions and neither could Marcus yesterday. I just hope the two TV tables are a little dryer and dont run off quite so much. Some players who have a power game can handle these conditions but its not especially good for touch players. He is more than capable of beating Lee but his game will have to improve several notches for him to do so.

yes these conditions despite his twitter rampage suites Allen because he punches balls in...

it definitly explains Mark Williams early loss.

Postby boris_the_butcher

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Surprised that Selby hammered Murphy but on the other hand Shaun always gets hammered if he loses this season.

But Selby has win this tourament now he is at his career peak right now and has to make the most of it now - winning tournaments. He still is level with Dale and Carter.

no Selby has 2 masters aswell.

Isn't the common consensus that invitationals are meaningless?

Postby Roland

2 masters and awful load more runner-up and semi-final spots. It's a stupid arguement anyway. I'm not surprised by the result at all and I hope he sticks Mark Allen's attitude right up his jacksie tomorrow morning.

Are the any non-ROS fans who ever like to have a pop at Selby? Thought not :redneck:

Postby snooky147

Alex0paul wrote:Good luck Graeme.

He has an awful record against Lee, I think he has only beaten him once.

As I said earlier it's twice and I KNOW it doesn't matter or indeed help at all but two of those losses
were sheer bad luck.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Good luck Graeme.

He has an awful record against Lee, I think he has only beaten him once.

As I said earlier it's twice and I KNOW it doesn't matter or indeed help at all but two of those losses
were sheer bad luck.

Lee is in consistantly good form but i fancy graeme's fight to pull him through today.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:2 masters and awful load more runner-up and semi-final spots. It's a stupid arguement anyway. I'm not surprised by the result at all and I hope he sticks Mark Allen's attitude right up his jacksie tomorrow morning.

Are the any non-ROS fans who ever like to have a pop at Selby? Thought not :redneck:

The two Masters count a lot but he has won only two rankers and he wasted plenty of chances to win many more. He is at his peak and must win titles now - time is running out.

Postby Casey

Well done today Allen - there was a strange moment in the second frame were by he potted the brown for a ton and then didn't pot the blue - strange. maybe he needs the adrenaline of controversy to play his best?

Anyway Allen v Selby matches have always been high quality, entertaining affairs with plenty of banter, tomorrow should be no different.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Friday 2nd of March

6.30am

Mark King 1-5 Mark Allen
Shaun Murphy 0-5 Mark Selby

Blimey, two big wins there.

Am out tonight, so won't be able to watch highlights. :mood: So have just seen the scores now. Did Selby play well, or did Murphy play marmite? Or both?

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:2 masters and awful load more runner-up and semi-final spots. It's a stupid arguement anyway. I'm not surprised by the result at all and I hope he sticks Mark Allen's attitude right up his jacksie tomorrow morning.

The two Masters count a lot but he has won only two rankers and he wasted plenty of chances to win many more. He is at his peak and must win titles now - time is running out.

Time is running out my bottom! He's a top player for the next 10 years at the very least.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm not sure what I make of Allen's recent attitude. Most of what he says is complete bullocks, but he occasionally says something that reflects what fans are saying. A lot of fans were upset by shortening matches at the UK, but Allen went OTT with his attack on Hearn. And what he said about the World Open venue looking rubbish may be a fair point, if what we see on television is anything to judge by. Unfortunately, he's going to get remembered for discussing dead cats, and insinuating all Chinese people are hammers.

I can't help feeling though, that apart from whinging on to an annoying degree, hes' not doing much else wrong. He's not quite up to Ronnie's level of leaving matches that he happens to be losing, assaulting referees or asking female reporters to suck his sausage. And he's certainly not on the Alex Higgins level of controversy caused. Him having a pop at Bingham's lack of bottle, only to watch Bingham win a ranking title before he did, served no purpose other than making Allen look a compplete idiot. rofl

No, he probably shouldn't be saying this stuff. But in a time when controversy seems to be rewarded, and people complain there aren't the characters there used to be, having Mark Allen give the pantomime villain act could be seen as a good thing.

He's still a douche though.

Postby boris_the_butcher

snooky147 wrote:Absolutely criminal safety or lack of it from Graeme. He just seems all at sea. Lee has the disturbing habit of doing that to him on a regular basis but really that was only what Graeme deserved.

On the stream I'm watching, Phil Yates sounds like he wants to give Graeme a slap, he's been that unfocused.

Postby snooky147

boris_the_butcher wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Absolutely criminal safety or lack of it from Graeme. He just seems all at sea. Lee has the disturbing habit of doing that to him on a regular basis but really that was only what Graeme deserved.

On the stream I'm watching, Phil Yates sounds like he wants to give Graeme a slap, he's been that unfocused.

Firstly, I cant stand Yates so I'm disapointed that he is om the commentary. Secondly, I dont think he's unfocused, I think he is just badly out of form. The fact he has the glove on today shows he is struggling with the humidity and that brown he missed he put a lot of unintentional side on and on tables like this they wont go in. Talking of pots, that green of lee's in that last frame was never in.

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:

:limp:

What is the point of posting a single smilie?. If you can't say anything dont post at all.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Time is running out my bottom! He's a top player for the next 10 years at the very least.

Theres no guarantee though he will be winning anything over the next 10 years but Selby will continue to put himself in potentially winning possitions.