Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Quarter Final Discussion

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
He doesn't want to win the China Open. When's the last time the winner of the penultimate tournament won the Worlds?

That'd snake hiss people off, wouldn't it? If John became a rare exception?

rofl It would. I'm tempted to support Higgins for the WC just to snake hiss some people off. Plus if I had to pick one person who was capable of winning the last two events of the season it would John (or peak Hendry).

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:He doesn't want to win the China Open. When's the last time the winner of the penultimate tournament won the Worlds?

Judd Trump. Nearly. :-)

It was never going to happen. Higgins was always too good for Trump.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:He doesn't want to win the China Open. When's the last time the winner of the penultimate tournament won the Worlds?

Really? I thought Trump was always in contention, apart for the final session.

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

I never expected Trump to win. He lost 11-5 on the second day of the final to Higgins's B game. If Higgins was on his A game, Trump would have been batted aside like Murphy was in 2009.

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

I never expected Trump to win. He lost 11-5 on the second day of the final to Higgins's B game. If Higgins was on his A game, Trump would have been batted aside like Murphy was in 2009.

Higgins doesnt have an A game

his A game is his B game where just like a python he crushes and squeezes the last breath and life out his opponents in a horrible manner

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

to be honest what cost Judd was this unbelievable urge to knock ten bells out of balls and under pressure he hits it even harder that the margin of error in potting balls is limited.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Fair enough. I still think Trump will win it either this year or next.

So long as he wins it by 2017 at the latest hes won it at a younger age than Jono did :D

So Trump just wants to win a World Title at a younger age than Robbo? And you were the one complaining about players not being driven enough and being happy with a good win.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote: to be honest what cost Judd was this unbelievable urge to knock ten bells out of balls and under pressure he hits it even harder that the margin of error in potting balls is limited.

:shrug: That's a weakness in his game that he has to sort. I have no idea how Judd at his peak will compare to Higgins, but Judd in April 2011 had no chance. He made it close, but he was never going to win.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Pretty dull quarter final line up like someone said, but these tournaments abroad always spur up surprises.

Allen and Lee looking in pretty good form, while Higgins, Selby and Murphy are the three main one's, therefore a shock will happen after mentioning those names and Mark King will win the whole thing.

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Pretty dull quarter final line up like someone said, but these tournaments abroad always spur up surprises.

Allen and Lee looking in pretty good form, while Higgins, Selby and Murphy are the three main one's, therefore a shock will happen after mentioning those names and Mark King will win the whole thing.

And with the confidence he gets from the win, King will go on to dominate the 2010s. :|

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
Skullman wrote:And with the confidence he gets from the win, King will go on to dominate the 2010s. :|

He will go onto win the World Championships aswell, I believe in his talents. Play like this will win him the World Open and World Championships...just incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3BBOfboLg

:hatoff: I have never seen a shot played like that before. Trump, Selby and Higgins shouldn't turn up in Sheffield, they just can't compete with Mark King.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Skullman wrote::hatoff: I have never seen a shot played like that before. Trump, Selby and Higgins shouldn't turn up in Sheffield, they just can't compete with Mark King.

Indeed so, he will qualify by winning his match 10-0, then blow everyone away at the Crucible, he shocked Selby before so who says he can't do it again. Mark King is the man, I would watch out for Fergal and Rory aswell, this year's dangermen in my opinion.

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Pretty dull quarter final line up like someone said, but these tournaments abroad always spur up surprises.

I just realised you forgot Milkins as a main contender for the title. :no:

Also I think Rory McLeod will break the record for fastest 147 this World Championship.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Carter for the Worlds <doh> Satan wear a scarf, because hell will freeze over this April :happy:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Skullman wrote:I just realised you forgot Milkins as a main contender for the title. :no:

Also I think Rory McLeod will break the record for fastest 147 this World Championship.

Milkins :no: he is not slow enough to be mentioned.

Might bet on that actually if it's possible, sure Betfred would let me.

Fastest break of this year's World Championships, a 147 by Rory McLeod
Fastest match of this year's World Championships, the final between Rory McLeod v Peter Ebdon, two qualifiers aswell, bliss!!! :D

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Witz78 wrote:Just realised Lees the only player left in this that im a fan of.

MON BIG MAN

i think were due a "shock" winner of a ranker again and Lee fits the bill after his great form so far this year

Yep about time this sexy speciman won a televised event.

Agree with you Witz, his form this week has looked good, he looked good at the Welsh until the phone went off, and he has done very well in the PTC events aswell, finally not forgetting he is back amongst the top 16, and looks pretty comfortable at cementing a place there for the next season or so.

Postby GJ

As the other thread is locked

lee top drawer

5 centuries is high quality

Robbo made 2 so cant be too annoyed

Rather lose 5-2 in a high standard match than choke a 3-0 lead like mr i feel no pressure did

Allen or lee for the title both are over due a title

Postby GJ

Hendry fan

look at his number of ranking titles

Then get back to me im sure mark is his biggst critic on not winning enough titles not anyone else.