Topic locked

Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Last 16 Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 27th of February - Sunday 4th of March in Haikou, Hainan Island,China

Last 16 and a few shocks has meant some surprises at this Stage.

Mark King beat Mark Williams to set a match against Ronnie O'Sullivan walk over Winner Tom Ford. and China's Favarite son Ding Junhui is out to compatriot Jin Long.

World Champion John Higgins is still there as is World No 1 Mark Selby,UK Champion Judd Trump and Masters Champion Neil Robertson;

Who will progress from this Round ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Last 16 Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

TV Matches guess

Michael Holt v Mark Selby
Mark Allen v Judd Trump
John Higgins v Jamie Cope
Jin Long v Robert Milkins wrong decition but chinese factor

Postby Wildey

Kiss Zsolt ‏ @kizso92

TV table matches - tomorrow, World Open - : 7:30 CET: Holt v Selby + Allen v Trump. 12:30 CET: Jin Long v Milkins + Higgins v Cope.

aparantly i was right

Jin Long v Milkins is getting priority over Lee v Robbo (dont you just love being biased) <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:robertson maguire and a so called past his best ronnie o sullivan have all beaten trump recently in the last three tournaments so allen cant complain saying he up against judd

yea

Judd plays a consistant game but hes very beatable not won nothing this year yet.

Postby Muppet147

jojo wrote:i think he coming to terms with players knowing he the one to beat and therefore raising their game against him he didnt really have that before his uk win

Good point.

He very nearly beat Maguire in the German Masters. He was leading 4-2 but Maguire won it on the last black.

It's refreshing to see the way he goes about his matches. You just worry a little that if he experiences a few more losses, he might revert to a Selby / Robertson style of negative play. Hope not.

Postby Witz78

by Monique » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Witz78 wrote:
Surprise surprise, anti-hearn has piped up again with another load of tripe.
Hes just a lazy whinging waste of space.
Hope your giving him pelters Wild. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Hes just another Carter who wishes they were still part time pros under Walker.

Only that Carter IS badly ill and struggling with it every day, and he isn't rude to the people and nation that host the tournaments.
Put some dimmer on your Carter hate and don't compare things that definitely don't compare.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter was an outspoken Hearn hater before he took a turn for the worse again so sod this compassionate grounds nonsense.

I didnt see anyone being compassionate to Gadaffi when he was getting dragged through the streets by a mob of mercenaries.

Please see an exerpt from a recent article to see where me and Hearn stand on Carter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... rofit.html

Meanwhile, Ali Carter, another player, said recently: “At the end of the day we haven’t really got a say in it because we sold the game to Barry, and he can do what he wants.”

How does Hearn deal with dissenters? “Usually I ignore them,” he says. “It’s going to be done my way, that’s for sure. I don’t see the point of ownership if it’s not. If anybody doesn’t agree with me, I’ll try and educate them. My reputation is one of a benevolent despot. I’m not good to disagree with.”

He has never disguised his distrust of traditionalists and amateur governing bodies. “The purists will always want to see tennis over five sets, they’ll always want to see snooker over 101 frames,” Hearn replies.

“But they’re in such a small minority. I have to cater for the majority. The problem with Ali Carter is he’s not winning enough games. He’s looking for reasons why, instead of looking in the mirror.”

the same applies to Allen, hes having a moan off the baize when he really should be looking at himself as to why he aint winning anything.

Postby Monique

Don't start to mix up things witz.
Allen is allowed his opinion about Hearn, it's the way he expresses it that annoys me, especially when he does it by being rude to the Chinese people and the tournament organisers who have nothing to do with Hearn's decisions. I'm sure there is never a dead cat to be seen in Northern Ireland … eeerh? … and, yes, conditions in Asia are usually heavy and sticky because of the climate and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

As for being compassionate for Khadaffi … dream on! The guy was one of the most horrible despot the recent history has known and is responsible for the death of countless innocent people. He had no compassion for anyone - all that counted was his power games - so it's not surprising people have none with him..

Postby Wildey

Ali is obviously strugling with health lets not forget that but i honestly believe his health issues meant he was very happy being a part timer now he sees it as a major problem if hes to continue as a pro.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:Don't start to mix up things witz.
Allen is allowed his opinion about Hearn, it's the way he expresses it that annoys me, especially when he does it by being rude to the Chinese people and the tournament organisers who have nothing to do with Hearn's decisions. I'm sure there is never a dead cat to be seen in Northern Ireland … eeerh? … and, yes, conditions in Asia are usually heavy and sticky because of the climate and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

As for being compassionate for Khadaffi … dream on! The guy was one of the most horrible despot the recent history has known and is responsible for the death of countless innocent people. He had no compassion for anyone - all that counted was his power games - so it's not surprising people have none with him..

He was an iconic and heroic figure who risked his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed. :bowdown:

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:FFS - Allen keeps running into Trump!

The three tourmaments after his UK victory, Judd has lost to Robbo, Mags and Ronnie - three of the people he beat on route to the final. So he can still lose to Allen this tourney (and then to Dale in the PTC Grand Final ;-) ).

Postby GJ

Good decison jin deserves his tv spot as this is most likely to be as good as it gets in his career

:spot on:

Murphy v GL is more appealing than selby v the short muppet

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:GJ,

sounds like i was pretty spot on again with my assessment of how Jono versus MJAs bunny would go :D

fair play mate :spot on: :bowdown:

Thoughts on robbo v lee

;-)

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:GJ,

sounds like i was pretty spot on again with my assessment of how Jono versus MJAs bunny would go :D

fair play mate :spot on: :bowdown:

Thoughts on robbo v lee

;-)

Robbo is likely to be sent crashing down by his plus-sized opponent.

He played rubbish today and even Lee will take advantage of his poor form. <ok>

Postby snooky147

Alex0paul wrote:Come on Graeme

Really interesting last 16 draw

I was talking to Graeme recently about the last time he played Marcus, who beat him on that occasion 4-3 on the final black. I recall Graeme being desolate that day because he had a huge piece of bad luck on the colours, which Marcus acknowledged was the only reason he won. He never played that well against Barry but both struggled with the conditions and being on an outside table again will mean that after another days play the conditions will only be worse.
But its the same for both, which he acknowledges so whoever handles the table better will win. ;-)

Postby GJ

So advantage lee for tomorrow as he played on an outside table in round 1

PS

Snookey can i ask why you dislike lee ?

Postby Skullman

Thoughts on the matches:

The seeds really don't like this tournament, do they? Just 8 out of 14 through to the last 16, least since Australia I think.

Higgins vs Cope: Higgins hasn't been his best this season, and has been looking to play himself into form before his big title defence. This is probably the best chance he will get, Cope and then either Milkins or Jin Long. Sould be an easy run to the semis. Then again, with the ways things have been going here, Jin Long will porbably end up getting through the quarter! rofl

Long vs Milkins: Milkins looks to be in good form, although not sure if he won his last 32 match or whether Maguire lost it. Don't really care tbh. But probably Milkins.

Dott vs Campbell: Interesting that Dott has never beaten Campbell. Nevertheless, expecting Graeme to come through as he has beaten one of the more dangerous qualifiers, while Marcus hasn't played a match yet and will be coming in cold.

Lee vs Robertson: Lee has been playing well lately. Semis in Berlin, and if not for an untimely phone on his backswing, he was going to be in the semis in Newort, while Neil has a bad record in China, excluding his run to the semis in Shanghai last September. Robbo is different class though, and even though he didn't look his Hendry, I think he can up his level.

King vs Ford: Suprised King was here tbh but MJW has been crap since Shanghai. I'm guessing his climb to no1 in the world rankings and Berlin last year were his last glories and I'm expecting him to slide back down now. Think Ford will win this, as he seems to do well against qualifiers and maybe this will relieve the pressure he feels at venues. Although King is battler, and will at least give Trump/Allen a game.

Trump vs Allen: Should be a cracking match. Trump beat him in York, but three people he beat in York have got their revenge on him. Can Allen be the fourth? Should be a cracker and I expect the winner to reach the semis.

Murphy vs Perry: Perry seems to be playing well but Murphy should win this. Good chance for him for to go one step further than his semis this season and win.

Selby vs Holt: Holt looks to be playing well, while Selby just scraped through. However, whenever Selby has a crap first round, he usually ups his game and does well in the tournament (see Shanghai and Newport). Selby looks like he has had his dip in form for the season already and has recovered from it. And if he wins he has a chance to get his revenge on Murphy.

Then again, the way this tournament has been going we could end up with Long, Campbell, King and Holt in the semis. :irk: