Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Last 16 Discussion!!

Postby Casey

snooky147 wrote:So, the guy who clearly doesn't want to be there has a good win against a Judd Trump who went for an extremely dodgy plant and he didn't get away with it this time

Was it a good quality match? Nip and tuk the whole way or did one player build a lead?

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Trump took a 3 nil lead but Allen picked away at him. I like both players but Allen put me off with the twitter comments. Its ironic he won.

Allen seems to thrive on contreversy

Postby Monique

According to posts on Weibo Allen did apologise for yesterdays comments in his press conference today, saying that it all was said on impulse while he was feeling bad and added that in fact he loves to play in China. Good on him to apologise but I personally find the last bit a bit hard to swallow. <laugh> Nevermind… He did play extremely well BTW and deserved the win.
Trump who had a 3-0 lead clearly surrendered to pressure and frustration. His rash bash at the balls to concede frame 7 said it all. Also his last shot - an unlikely plant - was extremely reckless and as good at throwing the whole match. Again according to Weibo he was clearly in bad mood in his press conference, saying nothing else than "Se you in Beijing"

Postby Monique

John From London Town wrote:I actually feel for Jamie Cope watching him there. He has enormous talent but seems so fickle.

He's not confident - understandably given his last two seasons run - and certainly hasn't the brains to compete with John.

Postby John From London Town

Monique wrote:
John From London Town wrote:I actually feel for Jamie Cope watching him there. He has enormous talent but seems so fickle.

He's not confident - understandably given his last two seasons run - and certainly hasn't the brains to compete with John.

Hmmm......Lacking in self-belief obviously.
Joe Johnson “ How do you impart confidence into somebody who hasn’t got any?”

Just about sums things up.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:According to posts on Weibo Allen did apologise for yesterdays comments in his press conference today, saying that it all was said on impulse while he was feeling bad and added that in fact he loves to play in China. Good on him to apologise but I personally find the last bit a bit hard to swallow. <laugh> Nevermind… He did play extremely well BTW and deserved the win.
Trump who had a 3-0 lead clearly surrendered to pressure and frustration. His rash bash at the balls to concede frame 7 said it all. Also his last shot - an unlikely plant - was extremely reckless and as good at throwing the whole match. Again according to Weibo he was clearly in bad mood in his press conference, saying nothing else than "Se you in Beijing"

Thanks monique, I am glad Mark issued a quick apology.

Postby Monique

John Higgins played well and looked comfortable but then he wasn't put under any pressure at all. Not sure we can draw any conclusion from this.
Cope obviously has no confidence at all and if there is someone on the MT who really should try and see a sports psychologist, it's him. He's certainly got nothing to lose in trying.

Postby Andre147

Skulmann made a very good point in another post saying that Trump is being beaten by the players he beat en route to his title in the UK...

Lost against Robbo in Masters, Mags in Germany, Ronnie in Wales, and now Allen in the World Open... just Dale left <cool> though you would think it´s very unlikely it will happen, but you never know...

On another note, I can see Higgins winning this title, joke draw up until the semis, so he has every chance...

Postby Casey

Andre147 wrote:Skulmann made a very good point in another post saying that Trump is being beaten by the players he beat en route to his title in the UK...

Lost against Robbo in Masters, Mags in Germany, Ronnie in Wales, and now Allen in the World Open... just Dale left <cool> though you would think it´s very unlikely it will happen, but you never know...

On another note, I can see Higgins winning this title, joke draw up until the semis, so he has every chance...

Allen v Higgins final maybe?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:Robbo is not done for yet...

i fancy him to turn it around.

I don't. Robbo usually doesn't perform outside the UK - business as usual today.

And you were right.. Lee has just won by 5-2

Postby Andre147

And he won it in style with yet another century, this time 120, adding to the 138 he made earlier, the highest of the tournament so far, and he made another of 109... That´s 3 centuries from Lee...And the 2 frames Robbo did win were also with centuries, 136 and 106.... So in all an amazing 5 frames in that match... I just wish we could have had the chance to see it...

Earlier in the day, the Allen v Trump match also had 4 centuries, 3 from Mark, 1 from Judd..... amazing standard this one, :happy: :happy: :D even more so considering the tables have been a bit slow and conditions arent very good....

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:andre147 shut up rofl

Jin Long 2-5 Robert Milkins
John Higgins 5-0 Jamie Cope
Marcus Campbell 3-3 Graeme Dott
Stephen Lee 5-2 Neil Robertson

The more you tell me to shut up, the more I´ll speak, so go ahead... rofl rofl rofl <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Roland

Casey wrote:
“I’m really sorry. What I said was irresponsible and on the spur of the moment. I was in a bad mood and didn’t stop to think about what I was saying or the consequences"

And do you think he hasn't been told to say that? :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I'm surprised nobody sees Lee as a title contender. He's been on form lately and scored heavily again today, 3 centuries … BTW it's 13 tons and counting today :dizzy:

hes just too negative to take the bull by the horns.

by far the most negative player in the top 16.