Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open W C and Last 32 Discussi

Postby Witz78

Surprise surprise, anti-hearn has piped up again with another load of tripe.
Hes just a lazy whinging waste of space.
Hope your giving him pelters Wild. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Hes just another Carter who wishes they were still part time pros under Walker.

Postby GJ

boris_the_butcher wrote:
GJ wrote:Good tactical stuff so far

2-1 robbo

No top player should need to play 'tactical' against this version of hendry.

snooker for intelligent fans

<ok>

Postby Muppet147

boris_the_butcher wrote:
GJ wrote:Good tactical stuff so far

2-1 robbo

No top player should need to play 'tactical' against this version of hendry.

Agreed. Hendry is awful today but rather than punishing him heavily, Robbo is just playing his dull form of snooker. You feel sorry for the poor Chinese fans who paid good money to watch this appalling match.

Postby Wildey

Wild wrote:
John From London Town wrote:I don't think I've ever seen the Great One cue so badly!?! Hard to watch. :sad:

looking better now :-)

missed black off the spot to follow :td:

Postby jojo

maybe some of the comments he going too far he acting like an idiot in my opinion saying the chinese are ignorant and no wonder the place stinks because of dead cats and the like

if i was him i would try and concentrate on winning my first professional tournament even dominic dale and stuart bingham have more titles than him at the end of the day

Postby Monique

Neil Robertson on twitter
Very pleased to get through but the floor is very unstable so the balls roll off. Feels like I'm walking around on a bowl of coco pops! Haha

Well that's scary actually when you think about the weight of a snooker table. I really DO hope that there will be no accident.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:Surprise surprise, anti-hearn has piped up again with another load of tripe.
Hope your giving him pelters Wild. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Hes just another Carter who wishes they were still part time pros under Walker.

Only that Carter IS badly ill and struggling with it every day, and he isn't rude to the people and nation that host the tournaments.
Put some dimmer on your Carter hate and don't compare things that definitely don't compare.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Surprise surprise, anti-hearn has piped up again with another load of tripe.

cant coment much on the arena or really smell of the country but i did point out to him on twitter what is expected of sportsmen regarding travel.

you really cant start critizing the traveling involved if snooker going to grow someone somewhere will have to do the traveling wether its chinese to britain or British to china.

British born players had it to good for to long now its their turn to update passports regularly.

Postby hendry_fan

*Neil Robertson* 5-3 Stephen Hendry

I missed the first frame but saw as from the 2nd.

Was a bit of a strange match,both were well of song,both missed numerous easy pots,the positional play was far from pretty and the safety was ok in patches.

Robbo was there for the taking,but on the other hand one could argue,that Robbos play might have been bogged down by Hendry.Because of that it,s hard to judge Robbos form at the mom,we,ll see how he does in the next few matches he plays,one things for sure,he,s certainly gonna have to step up a gear,2.

Hendry did actualy play pretty good in spells,it was the far too many missed eays pots and a good few crucial missed pots which let him down.The frame ball which he missed when on a 64 break was awful and Robbo did.nt half punish him when he then came to the table and made a 67 to snatch the frame.

Anyway,congrats to Robbo and to GJ!. :clap: