Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open W C and Last 32 Discussi

Postby Wildey

I Hope that all 5 Chinese Rankers next term will have different feel to them and Format of Play..

Shanghai,China Open now World Open has same 2 session of 4 matches and 8 wild cards...same event in different Region of china.

i think there was a case of bringing last 48 to the World Open.

maybee having 2 tables roll on roll off at another event so they have a different feel from each other

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:They should dump the wildcard round for at least one event and use that extra day to play a longer format from the second round.

Good point thats another thing they should do.

come on china be inventive ffs

Postby hendry_fan

Sonny wrote:

don't know if the above link works as youtube is blocked for me

What a shot!!!!!!,verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry rare you see that!.
Seeing a shot like that is about as rare as seeing "Nessie"!!!!. :mosh2: <laugh>

Milkins was not amused!. :roll: :chuckle:

Postby Skullman

Bummer for Sam Baird. Four qualifying matches to get to his only second venue and he gets beaten by a wildcard, who I have found is an ex-tour player. Wonder how much 'that blue' has affected Sam, and if he would have lost this match a month ago. From beating Mark Davis, Dominic Dale and almost Selby, he has been whitewashed by Tian Pengfei and a wildcard.

Postby Witz78

used to be ten a penny them shots along the cushions that rolled in.

the template of the pockets or the change of the balls must have caused them to be rare occurences now.

back in the 80s and even early 90s i remember the montages of the WC and there were always a few of them each year.

TT looked confused, dont think he was sure whether it was a legal shot or it was a foul haha

Milkins a total CDL for just blanking him

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm just watching this Joe Perry match on Eurosport. What the hell is with this sound quality?

More importantly, what is with that squeaky floor? :grrr:

That's what I meant. All we can hear is noise in the background.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:used to be ten a penny them shots along the cushions that rolled in.

the template of the pockets or the change of the balls must have caused them to be rare occurences now.

back in the 80s and even early 90s i remember the montages of the WC and there were always a few of them each year.

TT looked confused, dont think he was sure whether it was a legal shot or it was a foul haha

Milkins a total CDL for just blanking him

theres only ever been 2 before Alex Higgins in 1985 or 86 and Mcmanus early 90s so god knows where you seen these ten a Penny Rubbish <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Muppet,

well just have to find the evidence and prove him wrong yet again :D

you can look and look and look at best you will find 3 most proberbly 2

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild wrote:you can look and look and look at best you will find 3 most proberbly 2

Unfortunately YouTube wasn't around 30 years ago. That doesn't mean you are right for once.

Accept you are wrong. It will be less painful in the long run.

im not wrong

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Muppet,

well just have to find the evidence and prove him wrong yet again :D

you can look and look and look at best you will find 3 most proberbly 2

Alex Higgins was even playing Terry Griffiths when he made two of those shots, and he was also playing Kirk Stevens once when he made one in the bottom corner pocket like that.

theres 3 from Higgins for starters ive sourced. <ok>

by the way, serious question. what happens if the white jumps up and lands on cushion and stays there. I did a mad power shot one time and it ended up there , debated for ages and i said it wasnt a foul and opponent had to play the shot from there and he disputed this. In the end i let him have 4 points and stick it in D, im 99% sure he was right but what the hell i argued anyway

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:Alex Higgins was even playing Terry Griffiths when he made two of those shots, and he was also playing Kirk Stevens once when he made one in the bottom corner pocket like that.

theres 3 from Higgins for starters ive sourced. <ok>

That's good enough for me. I'm sure I can remember a few others too. Be careful though - if you find too many, Wild may have another breakdown. :-)