Graeme Dott v Barry Hawkins

11.30am GMT

Ding Junhui v Jin Long TV
Judd Trump v Andrew Higginson TV
Stuart Bingham v Michael Holt
Stephen Lee v Dominic Dale

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open W C and Last 32 Discussi

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:Great compilation and it contains one of those shots Wild doesn't believe ever happened.

What did Higgins do to his foot in the first place?

jumped out of his lovers window after a drunken argument and fell about 20 feet to the ground and broke his ankle :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Great compilation and it contains one of those shots Wild doesn't believe ever happened.

i said they werent ten a penny i never said they did not happen <doh>

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:

jumped out of his lovers window after a drunken argument and fell about 20 feet to the ground and broke his ankle :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

still didnt stop him whooping Hendrys ass though :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: <ok> <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

i said they werent ten a penny i never said they did not happen <doh>

you said ONLY 2 had happened before today

or you backtracking on this one too :dizzy:

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

still didnt stop him whooping Hendrys ass though :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: <ok> <ok>

Yes, he beat Hendry 9-8 in The Irish Masters Final in Kildare a few weeks later. However, because of ridiculous scheduling had he to play a World Championsip final qualifying match about 14 hours later in Preston, and lost 10-8 to Darren Morgan.

Another thing I remember about the absurd scheduling of the 89 World qualifiers was Alain Robidoux being in the 5th qualifying round before anyone else had reached the 3rd qualifying round.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 28 Feb 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Yes, he beat Hendry 9-8 in The Irish Masters Final in Kildare a few weeks later. However, because of ridiculous scheduling had to play a World Championsip final qualifying match the following day in Preston, and lost 10-8 to Darren Morgan.

yeh that was a total joke.

ironic he turned back the clock one day then the next day he failed to qualify for the worlds which was effectively the beginning of the end.

still annoys me to think the way WPSBA shafted Alex with the year ban, snooker missed him badly. Just like with Hann, they effectively ended his career just cos they couldnt handle him.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Yes, he beat Hendry 9-8 in The Irish Masters Final in Kildare a few weeks later. However, because of ridiculous scheduling had to play a World Championsip final qualifying match the following day in Preston, and lost 10-8 to Darren Morgan.

yeh that was a total joke.

ironic he turned back the clock one day then the next day he failed to qualify for the worlds which was effectively the beginning of the end.

still annoys me to think the way WPSBA shafted Alex with the year ban, snooker missed him badly. Just like with Hann, they effectively ended his career just cos they couldnt handle him.

Funny story about his final Crucible appearance being earned when he beat Tony Knowles 10-9 in 1994. He was 6-3 down after the first session, and then fell over a wall and cut his elbow. He returned to beat Knowles. albeit leaving blood on the baize(seeped through his shirt)!

Typical Alex!

Postby The Cueist

Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:ESSEX ESSEX! sad news, got to cheer on Bingham now :(

Should be a good event this, eurosport look to be covering it pretty extensively over the week so looking forward to watching a few hours snooker after school every day

in my day it was He-Man :parrot:

and in Snooker fans day it was She-ra :limp:

<laugh> <laugh> rofl rofl rofl rofl :chuckle:

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:Tuesday 28th of February

6.30am GMT

John Higgins 5-3 Marco Fu
Shaun Murphy 5-3 Ricky Walden
Graeme Dott 5-2 Barry Hawkins

3 dangerous qualifiers beaten, this sets the tone for the event imo - expect a high quality affair.

What did Higgins play like? I think the next 3 or 4 weeks are huge for him.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of February

6.30am GMT

Mark Selby v Lu Ning TV
Mark Williams v Mark King TV
Mark Allen v Jimmy Robertson
Matthew Stevens v Joe Perry

11.30am GMT

Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry TV
Stephen Maguire v Robert Milkins TV
Martin Gould v Jamie Cope