Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Qualifying !!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

not a good day for witz

Davis lost 5-1
White lost 5-1
Drago lost 5-2
his Twitter Mate Mcgill 4-0 down

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:not a good day for witz

Davis lost 5-1
White lost 5-1
Drago lost 5-2
his Twitter Mate Mcgill 4-0 down

you know what my theory is

players aint giving their all here because it doesnt matter one bit to their ranking position for the WC cut off

also makes me wonder, why the hell aint the Welsh qualifiers being played first

talk about complicating things <doh>

Postby Wildey

yes it needs sorting regarding calender and yes how stupid having so many rankers AFTER the cut off for the world....

that is a HOWLER of a cockerel up <doh>

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:yes it needs sorting regarding calender and yes how stupid having so many rankers AFTER the cut off for the world....

And why is that? Because initially - in a previous version of the calendar - the first part of the WC qualifs was to take place a lot earlier so the seeding had to be known by that time. In that version of the calendar there was an additional ranker foreseen in India and qualifiers for it as well and, if I'm not mistaken, the China Open was closer to the WC (not entirely sure of that actually TBH)
But whatever it just shows what can happen when one tries to fit too many events in the non-extensible calendar without giving it proper thinking and structure.
As it is they weren't able to set up the Indian one anyway. So why rush things instead of giving them the time and resources they need to be done properly?

Postby Wildey

i think this match typifies Liang wenbo he was leading 2-0 and let it slip 4-3 now to michael white

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:yes it needs sorting regarding calender and yes how stupid having so many rankers AFTER the cut off for the world....

And why is that? Because initially - in a previous version of the calendar - the first part of the WC qualifs was to take place a lot earlier so the seeding had to be known by that time. In that version of the calendar there was an additional ranker foreseen in India and qualifiers for it as well and, if I'm not mistaken, the China Open was closer to the WC (not entirely sure of that actually TBH)
But whatever it just shows what can happen when one tries to fit too many events in the non-extensible calendar without giving it proper thinking and structure.
As it is they weren't able to set up the Indian one anyway. So why rush things instead of giving them the time and resources they need to be done properly?

but it could have been changed with everything else but your right next season things does need to be better organised ...

ideally seeding cut off after EVERY Tournament should be the aim and theres too many excuses flying around why that cant be done.

Postby Wildey

ken doherty lost the last 2 frames to jimmy Robertson and wont be in the Draw for the World Open .after a great start to the season with a Aussie open semi final Ken Doherty is currently on a free fall.

Postby Wildey

Friday 13th of January

2.30pm

Joe Jogia 2-5 Dave Harold
Mike Dunn 5-2
Tian Pengfei
Liang Wenbo 5-4 Michael White
Jamie Jones 5-1 Anthony McGill
Ken Doherty 4-5 Jimmy Robertson

7pm

Alan Mcmanus v Yu De Lu streaming
Gerard Greene v Kurt Maflin
Anthony Hamilton v Liam Highfield
Michael Holt v Dechawat Pomjaeng streaming
Nigel Bond v Adam Duffy

Postby Wildey

he just makes everything hard work hopefully he beats king tomorrow and gets back on track.

Postby Wildey

disapointing from Highfield from 2-0 up hes 4-2 down against hamilton.

holt after whacking his cue several times is 4-3 up on poomjaeng.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:disapointing from Highfield from 2-0 up hes 4-2 down against hamilton.

holt after whacking his cue several times is 4-3 up on poomjaeng.

no surprise all these young guns yet again drop like flies against the journeymen

drives me mad this, id high hopes today as well <doh>

Postby Wildey

Holt had first chance in the decider missed then poomjaeng fouled when splitting the pack Holt back in

Postby Wildey

Friday 13th of January

7pm

Alan Mcmanus 1-5 Yu De Lu
Gerard Greene 5-3 Kurt Maflin
Anthony Hamilton 5-4 Liam Highfield
Michael Holt 5-4 Dechawat Pomjaeng
Nigel Bond 5-3 Adam Duffy

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:

but it could have been changed with everything else but your right next season things does need to be better organised ...

ideally seeding cut off after EVERY Tournament should be the aim and theres too many excuses flying around why that cant be done.

Couldn't agree more - the worst is, some of the performances here would potentially be significant for ranking positions, but won't have any effect yet. The wins by Burden and Yu Delu must be pushing both towards the top 64 for a start.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:yet another 147 lol

Fu does a job on baird in the end winning comfterbly 5-2

on Baird? Fu was playing Selt … Baird is still playing Mark Davis and has pegged him back 3-3 from 3-1 down.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:i think Wild should give up commenting here as his minds clearly not on the job anymore

What is is his mind on do you reckon ?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:i think Wild should give up commenting here as his minds clearly not on the job anymore

its difficult watching,comenting and score updates aswell as making lunch and eating lunch etc etc etc