Topic locked

Re: Haikou World Open Qualifying !!!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:i think Wild should give up commenting here as his minds clearly not on the job anymore

its difficult watching,comenting and score updates aswell as making lunch and eating lunch etc etc etc

You're doing well, Wild. :D

Don't listen to the referbates.

Postby Wildey

mediter wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who do we vote in as Wild's replacement?

Wild is indispensable to the club. Case closed.

thanks lol

Postby Wildey

well after i with other person on my mind said baird out hes infact progressed to china beating the never going to be a top 16 player Mark Davis 5-4

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:well after i with other person on my mind said baird out hes infact progressed to china beating the never going to be a top 16 player Mark Davis 5-4

Great runs of wins by Baird to qualify, he's coming from such a long way back on the rankings for making the top 64, but with these sorts of performances, he could actually scrape his way in ..

Well done to him

:party:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:i think Wild should give up commenting here as his minds clearly not on the job anymore

its difficult watching,comenting and score updates aswell as making lunch and eating lunch etc etc etc

etc etc etc ? :john:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

etc etc etc ? :john:

That's welsh for 'whilst watching loose women' :limp:

Postby Wildey

Saturday 14th of January

10.00pm

Marco Fu 5-2 Matthew Selt
Jamie Cope 5-1 Jamie Burnett
Mark Davis 4-5 Sam Baird
Ryan Day 0-5 Robert Milkins
Barry Hawkins 5-4 Ian McCulloch
Marcus Campbell 5-3 Alfie Burden

Postby gallantrabbit

Question for you all: If we were still using tables from the early 90s how many maxs would have been made? I dont buy the idea that the standard has gone up. Another by Fu today. I`m not saying they`re easy but, it`s not just the special players that make them anymore...

Postby Wildey

lets not forget nick dyson made 2 147 in 1999 and 2000 so not only special players has made them.

Postby Witz78

biggest joke on 147s is that Spencers 147 made just before Davis made the "first" 147 doesnt count cos it wasnt on TV.

half of these PTC 147s arent streamed live so why should they make it on the official list.

personally i think the official list should just be maxes made at venue stages of tournaments which are on tv, simple as that. Thats where it matters where theres a crowd, cameras and a serious event being played.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:biggest joke on 147s is that Spencers 147 made just before Davis made the "first" 147 doesnt count cos it wasnt on TV.

doesent count because it was not on a templeted table

Postby hendry_fan

Witz78 wrote:biggest joke on 147s is that Spencers 147 made just before Davis made the "first" 147 doesnt count cos it wasnt on TV.

half of these PTC 147s arent streamed live so why should they make it on the official list.

personally i think the official list should just be maxes made at venue stages of tournaments which are on tv, simple as that. Thats where it matters where theres a crowd, cameras and a serious event being played.

"half of these PTC 147s arent streamed live so why should they make it on the official list".

Aye Witz78,i could,nt agree more,it,s still an amazing achievement knockin in a *147* by any means but it is a diffrent ball game doin it in front of a proper crowd and it bein televised!.

*Stephen Hendry* 5 Mike Dunn 2

Mediocre stuff from Stephen today,the only real highlight was when he knocked in a fantastic *73* in frame 6,he kept runnin out of position but kept managing to keep the break going!.

He was full of smiles at the end of the match.

<ok> Well done Stephen!!!. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Saturday 14th of January

2.30pm

Dominic Dale 5-4 Dave Harold
Stephen Hendry 5-2 Mike Dunn
Mark King 5-4 Liang Wenbo
Tom Ford 5-4 Jamie Jones
Rory McLeod 3-5 Jimmy Robertson

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:Hendry through to the World Open where he plays Neil Robertson

:happy: :hatoff: :D

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:

a virtual bye for Robbo mate

more chance of us having to buy a hat for Wilds wedding than Hendo winning that one <ok>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

more chance of us having to buy a hat for Wilds wedding than Hendo winning that one <ok>

both = 000000000 chance :spot on:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

both = 000000000 chance :spot on:

and if it does, this is what we can expect probably :john:

Postby Wildey

Saturday 14th of January

7pm

Andrew Higginson 5-3 Yu De Lu
Ricky Walden 5-4 Gerard Greene
Joe Perry 5-1 Anthony Hamilton
Peter Ebdon 3-5 Michael Holt
Fergal O'Brien 4-5 Nigel Bond

Postby JIMO96

So WenBo and DeLu lose out to the journeymen.....as someone else said earlier, this does my bloody tree in(!)

It's especially bad when Chinese players have to qualify in the UK for an event in their own country, but then they lose out to someone who'll never win anything, and who's protected ranking (under the current system) ensures it will take an earthquake to shift them out of the top 32.

I cannot wait for Hearn to introduce the system whereby everyone has to qualify from round 1, and we get to see some new faces at venues, and less stagnation in the rankings.

Having said that, massive well done to Jimmy Robertson & Sam Baird....phenomenal achievement under the current biased qualifying ststem.