Topic locked

Re: Championship League Group 3 !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:yeh fair play to Robbo

im sure he couldnt really be fussed but its just the way snooker is and at least he didnt complain like some would have done

Exactly.

To go from a Masters final in front of more than a thousand people, to an event where there's no crowd and he'll be watched by five people on the internet is a comedown however you look at it. But he's a snooker player, he's paid to play snooker. Don't here him crabbing about it, he just gets on with it. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

players has to realise winning majors is not what its all about......its about topping up majors with minor events on the way to greatness.

the likes Of Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry has won their fair share of Minor Events whitch has counted towards their overall haul of Pro Titles.

in 1991 Davis beat Hendry 4-0 in a Final of the England Masters (yes thats right Best of 7s finals arent new)

now for the Best 2 players of the Time to meet in the Final of a nothing event speaks volumes of why these two Dominated their respected Era.

Postby mediter

Wild wrote:players has to realise winning majors is not what its all about......its about topping up majors with minor events on the way to greatness.

the likes Of Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry has won their fair share of Minor Events whitch has counted towards their overall haul of Pro Titles.

in 1991 Davis beat Hendry 4-0 in a Final of the England Masters (yes thats right Best of 7s finals arent new)

now for the Best 2 players of the Time to meet in the Final of a nothing event speaks volumes of why these two Dominated their respected Era.

Exactly my words. Snooker is a highly addictive game, and players and fans has picked up this great game because it´s just a great game. Calender, prize money´s, trophies, all time great lists etc just come along there. I.e Witz or Seifer island hatah at least are true snooker people unlike some other muppets and overdrivers who are here clearly just for other reasons.

Players love to do exhibitions also, and they wouldn´t practice hard for nothing. Now, how good this Jimmy White testimonial http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 85,00.html sounds for example ! What a A special Lunch, Dinner and Night that will be !!

Postby Monique

@GJ Mr Rochdale major keynote speech about how flukes are ruining snooker (among other things)

@snookerfan it is. This should be a "Grande Oeuvre"

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 24th of January

Results

Mark Selby 3-2 Jamie Cope
Mark Davis 3-0 Martin Gould
Matthew Stevens 3-2 Stephen Hendry
Neil Robertson 3-1 Jamie Cope

Not before 2pm

Mark Davis v Stephen Hendry
Mark Selby v Martin Gould

3.15pm

Neil Robertson v Martin Gould
Mark Davis v Jamie Cope

4.30pm

Mark Selby v Matthew Stevens

Not before 6pm

Play-offs
first v fourth
Second v third.

7.15pm

Final

Postby Wildey

Stephen Hendry has played alright this week despite losing 5 matches

4 Deciders and a 3-1 in 5 matches

Nowhere near his 90s Dominating Form but hes on the right track as a Qualifier.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:PUT KEN DOHERTY IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AND DOMINIC DALE!

Dominic Dale is palying in the CL soon! He has a chance! But lets face it, hes so good he has a chance of winning the worlds and entering the PL through that.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:PUT KEN DOHERTY IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AND DOMINIC DALE!

Dominic Dale is palying in the CL soon! He has a chance! But lets face it, hes so good he has a chance of winning the worlds and entering the PL through that.

never mind im sure the medicine will kick in soon <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Stephen Hendry has played alright this week despite losing 5 matches

4 Deciders and a 3-1 in 5 matches

Nowhere near his 90s Dominating Form but hes on the right track as a Qualifier.

buck sake man

you make me laugh

not that long ago you were coming out with the "over my dead body will Hendry continue playing on and losing like Davis did"

now hes lost 5/5 in this and your saying hes on the right track

shows the pennys finally dropped i suppose

im not the kinda guy that likes to say i told ya so...................BUT i told ya so :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

i still think he should retire but hes on the right track to be shitty like davis in the twilights of his years.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:i still think he should retire but hes on the right track to be shitty like davis in the twilights of his years.

well lets see if he can do all these shitty things in his twilight years to be on a par with shitty Davis then

Ranking final at 46
WC quarter at 47
UK final at 48
top 16 at 50
WC Quarter at 53
PTC semi at 54
ranking lower than his age at 55

im sure theres more things ive missed but Hendry is 43 and hes already had loads of shitty years so with his even shittier years ahead of him how the hells he gonna do better than them "shitty things" Davis has done in hisd twilight years

Postby GJ

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:What's the selby score in 4th frame?

selby wins it 2-2

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:robbo v selby final looks on

ROBBO FINAL LOSS NUMBER 6 COMING UP <ok>

i laugh at the double standards of HENDON too

on the one hand hes bigging up the Champs League cos its the hand that feeds him, but then hes quick to dismiss it as a non event when it suits him :fart:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:robbo v selby final looks on

Yes looking forward to it now... even though it´s only best of 5 and a minimal event, it is still a good match, because these two meet very rarely....

Still waiting for them both to meet in a big major event in a semi or final.... Their only meetings have been in CL and Premier League... :td: :td: :td:

Postby Andre147

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Selby vs Robbo in the final..

What time does it start?

About to start any minute now.. :-D