Topic locked

Ronnie vs Jimmy White in Croydon

Postby SnookerFan

This is happening on Father's Day apparently. (Insert any jokes about his dad, or complaints about being a shitty father here.)

I'll probably have to go to this, as it's happening at literally the end of my road. But I'd prefer something better than this. Not a massive Ronnie fan at all. And much though I like and respect Jimmy, all this is going to be is him losing an exhibition match.

Re: Ronnie vs Jimmy White in Croydon

Postby Sickpotter

Jimmy might shock you.

Regardless how he's handling ranking matches (he hasn't had a particularly bad year there either), he's much more relaxed in the exhibition events and has shown some great Jimmy White of old form there. I believe he notched a 147 followed by a 146 in one recently.

Jimmy and Ronnie are great mates too and they can bring out the best in each other. I've heard of a exhibition between the two where there was a ton every frame with Jimmy coming out on top 5-4.

No matter, hope you enjoy the exo and get to see some in form play :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Sickpotter wrote:Jimmy might shock you.

Regardless how he's handling ranking matches (he hasn't had a particularly bad year there either), he's much more relaxed in the exhibition events and has shown some great Jimmy White of old form there. I believe he notched a 147 followed by a 146 in one recently.

Jimmy and Ronnie are great mates too and they can bring out the best in each other. I've heard of a exhibition between the two where there was a ton every frame with Jimmy coming out on top 5-4.

No matter, hope you enjoy the exo and get to see some in form play :-)

True enough, to be fair. I watched one of his 147 in Legends of Snooker a couple of years back. I was in Redhill when he did those. Granted he was playing Cliff Thorburn not Ronnie. But getting a 147 has nothing to do with the quality of your opponent, of course.

You never know it might be a decent match. Jimmy takes the Legend events seriously. I just always expect a trouncing when Ronnie plays Jimmy.

And I was hoping to see the likes of Doherty and Hendry, rather than Ronnie. :grrr:

Postby Sickpotter

TBH I'm kinda surprised that there haven't been many (if any) Hendry vs White exhibtions.

One of the great rivalries of the game during the 90's so why no exo's? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Yes, there is one in Sheffield. I don't know if one counts as many though. :john:

But it answers the "if any" <cool>

My bad. I wasn't paying too close attention to what he said. <laugh>

Still, maybe they'll add more to places near me. There's usually one in Redhill, or Leatherhead which I could travel to. I might yet get to see Hendry, Doherty or Steve Davis. :happy:

Postby Witz78

WHAT A LOADA WAFFLE AS USUAL

DONT BOTHER GOING YOU UNGRATEFUL SLOB

IM SURE MOST OF US WOULD JUMP AT THIS BEING ON OUR DOORSTEP

CALL YOURSELF A SNOOKERFAN

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:WHAT A LOADA WAFFLE AS USUAL

DONT BOTHER GOING YOU UNGRATEFUL SLOB

IM SURE MOST OF US WOULD JUMP AT THIS BEING ON OUR DOORSTEP

CALL YOURSELF A SNOOKERFAN