Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker Discussion Topic

Postby Roland

Andre147 wrote:a great match yes, but Selby should have taken the power ball a bit sooner.. but it is very easy sitting here judging him, when in reality he was in a bit of presurre not to miss any ball, and just clear up the table, and, like he said, he just didn´t have time to do the maths in the end properly

Still, a very enterteining match indeed. More to come next with Ronnie vs Robbo, should be a good one :-)

To be fair to Selby, he was trying to get on the power ball but was sensible in not taking on anything too difficult to get there proven by the run out.

Power Snooker Band has had me in stitches. God they are awful! Who told those clowns they could sing? Who hired them?

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:How is 'money prosititute' Rigsby getting on against Robbo?

thought you didnt care? <doh>

anyway isnt Songs of Praise, Antiques Roadshow, Last of the Summer Winner, One Man and his Dog or something of a similar ilk on the box for you at the mo :gramp:

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:How is 'money prosititute' Rigsby getting on against Robbo?

thought you didnt care? <doh>

anyway isnt Songs of Praise, Antiques Roadshow, Last of the Summer Winner, One Man and his Dog or something of a similar ilk on the box for you at the mo :gramp:

River Cottage Veg. <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I'm very pleased for Gould, I like his game and style and he deserves this title.

He played besides Ronnie the best snooker throughout the tournament and this win might also boost his confidence for the big upcoming events.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Gouldy wins :D

Yes, congratulations to Martin on his win, well played from him in the final, and indeed in the whole tournament :-) As the presenter said, not bad for a man who didn´t know the rules up until yesterday..

But Ronnie should have won easily, if he had potted at least one of those two power balls it would have been a different story, but he missed them and it cost him.

Of course, he isn´t too worried about this, let´s prepare for the next couple of ptc events, and, of course, the big one, the UK Championship, that will be where Ronnie will show us if he is capable of producing the goods in the big ones.

Given his recent form and interest in the game in this whole season really, I can´t see why he can´t win it for a 5th time, I would love him to. :-) :-D :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

:win: :clap: Well done Gould!. :clap: :win:

I just managed to see the final,Ronnie had chances but blew 2 power balls and did,nt manage to nail a long pot towards the end.

Postby GJ

Nice one martin

Postby Roland

To be honest, I'll be surprised to see Ronnie at any more Sheffield PTC events. He's met the criteria in events entered, tops the money list and is guaranteed in the big points finals and probably sees the PL finals and the UK as his only remaining events in 2011. I know I would in his position.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:To be honest, I'll be surprised to see Ronnie at any more Sheffield PTC events. He's met the criteria in events entered, tops the money list and is guaranteed in the big points finals and probably sees the PL finals and the UK as his only remaining events in 2011. I know I would in his position.

er the fact hes currently provisionally out of the top 16 might influence his decision too ya know :john:

Postby Roland

Where is he? Who does he play in round 1 of the UK and how many points would he net compared to winning another PTC?

Postby Tubberlad

I'm absolutely chuffed for Martin Gould, after all the bad luck he has endured as a professional, he now has a televised title to his name... whether you like Power Snooker or not, Gould deserved a bit of luck, and I'm delighted for the guy.

Postby Witz78

hes 17th so hes not in a position to start skipping events plus he still has a lot more points to lose this season than the likes of Gould, Bingham, Lee, Stevens etc directly above him

Winning R1 of UK would net him 1920 points (3040-1120) so almost equivalent to winning a PTC but the double factor is if he doesnt play in them, hes losing ground as the others above him will no doubt pick up 360, 560 or 760 points at least.

He missed a trick in Shanghai when he had a route of Wattana - Hamilton - King to get to the semis and blew up v Hamilton. That was after hed shown a good early season attitude in the PTCs so thats why i still have doubts that come the UK The "Ranking" Ronnie of recent seasons will return. I genuinely think Davis has a chance against Ronnie in R1 too, hell be fired up and have practiced well plus hell know exactly what tactics will get into the mind of Ronnie.

Postby mishcka

Sonny wrote:Where is he? Who does he play in round 1 of the UK and how many points would he net compared to winning another PTC?

ROS currently is in 17th (according PSB's projected seeding list) on 38620 points. stevens (39415) and M. Davis (38740) Lee (38710) are ahead of him; M. Davis plays ding in the UK (no chance in him winning that one); Ronnie plays Davis. If he wins his first match he gets 1120 points extra. if he wins one of the remaining PTCS he gets 2000!
Im so sleepy to finish all the maths. But I reckon he ought to play in these PTCs, coz his ranking would suffer otherwise!
Last edited by mishcka on 20 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Muppet147

Missed all of today's play. Could have set the video I suppose but yesterday's action wasn't too enthralling.

It's a good concept though and I'm sure it will return next year to engage an audience of dozens of people on ITV4.

Postby Witz78

mishcka wrote:
Sonny wrote:Where is he? Who does he play in round 1 of the UK and how many points would he net compared to winning another PTC?

ROS currently is in 17th (according PSB's projected seeding list) on 38620 points. stevens (39415) and M. Davis (38740) Lee (38710) are ahead of him; M. Davis plays ding in the UK (no chance in him winning that one); Ronnie plays Davis. If he wins his first match he gets 2240 points. if he wins one of the remaining PTCS he gets 2000!
Im so sleepy to finish all the maths. But I reckon he ought to play in these PTCs, coz his ranking would suffer otherwise!

no Ronnie gets 1920 points extra if he wins his R1 match, hes on 1120 the now and will go onto 3040.

the 2240 points your thinking of is the points the qualifiers who are in round 1 have earned <ok>

Postby Roland

With all respect, if I was Ronnie and I looked at who I was battling with for results to get in the top 16, I would fancy my chances.

Once last seasons points when he hardly played anything drop off though, he'll be top 4 again.

They'd better not bloody well change the ranking system, that's all I can say. Talk of money list rankings completely annihilates all history and statistics on rankings and world number ones and the rest.

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:Missed all of today's play. Could have set the video I suppose but yesterday's action wasn't too enthralling.

It's a good concept though and I'm sure it will return next year to engage an audience of dozens of people on ITV4.

dozens <doh>

therell be damn sight more people in the UK who watch ITV4 than Eurosport so we should embrace ITVs involvement in the sport

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:With all respect, if I was Ronnie and I looked at who I was battling with for results to get in the top 16, I would fancy my chances.

Once last seasons points when he hardly played anything drop off though, he'll be top 4 again.

They'd better not bloody well change the ranking system, that's all I can say. Talk of money list rankings completely annihilates all history and statistics on rankings and world number ones and the rest.

he should keep his top 16 place hes just playing too good

Postby mishcka

Witz78 wrote:
mishcka wrote:

ROS currently is in 17th (according PSB's projected seeding list) on 38620 points. stevens (39415) and M. Davis (38740) Lee (38710) are ahead of him; M. Davis plays ding in the UK (no chance in him winning that one); Ronnie plays Davis. If he wins his first match he gets 2240 points. if he wins one of the remaining PTCS he gets 2000!

no Ronnie gets 1920 points extra if he wins his R1 match, hes on 1120 the now and will go onto 3040.

the 2240 points your thinking of is the points the qualifiers who are in round 1 have earned <ok>

:spot on:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:With all respect, if I was Ronnie and I looked at who I was battling with for results to get in the top 16, I would fancy my chances.

that history is already gone

rolling rankings with multiple world Nr1s in a season mean that if you count the likes of Selby as a WN1 then using the same criteria Jimmy (during 92/93) would have been a world number 1 and im sure others would have reached number 1 too.

Postby Roland

Yes I know the WN1 criteria have changed with rolling rankings and I've already said that Jimmy would have been it in 1991/92 under those criteria, but they are comparable. Imagine if some runt puts £500,000 for a winner take all prize in the Shootout - a World Snooker sanctioned event. Now can you see how bull it is?