Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker Discussion Topic

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:As I said Wild, it will grab the attention of the console generation. Obviously not being one of them you probably won't understand what I mean. Best to just sit back and let it happen and enjoy the event.

Wild was part of the console generation though......

yup far Better stuff than this Trash.

so what your saying is your a Pong man but even it smells better than the Power Snooker <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

In a way, I'm kind of gutted. I've had a weekend away this week planned for months. It was played before Power Snooker was announced. So will probably miss most of it.

I didn't mind it last year so was interested to see if it got any better/worse on the second viewing. :(

Still, there are worse things to miss then Power Snooker, I guess.

Postby Wildey

FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED

on saturday Eurosport will be showing highlights of Power Snooker on at 5.30pm -6.30pm aprox in various region

on sunday highlights at 5pm-7pm in various region and 7pm-10pm Live in various regions.

Eurosport Player will also show Power Snooker All Day Live

And Also http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 11,00.html

Postby Roland

What's Eurosport doing showing it? It's supposed to be a sports channel :huh:

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:What's Eurosport doing showing it? It's supposed to be a sports channel :huh:

They show ski jumping :limp:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:In a way, I'm kind of gutted. I've had a weekend away this week planned for months. It was played before Power Snooker was announced. So will probably miss most of it.

I didn't mind it last year so was interested to see if it got any better/worse on the second viewing. :(

Still, there are worse things to miss then Power Snooker, I guess.

where are you going? camping? :limp:

ill believe it when i see it that youve moved off the couch :fart:

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:1pm on ITV4 mate

try it, you might like it

Norwich / Arsenal takes priority over this tripe, will catch some of it later I guess, but the darts is also on :win:

Yellow army :D

Postby randam05

I was gonna say its like marmite, love it or hate it. But thats not true, cause i neither hate or love it.

Very few things are like marmite, infact marmite isnt even like marmite, I dont mind it, its okay.

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:yeh itll be a toss up for comedy gold between Higgins getting heckled, Ted Hankeys tantrums and Arsenals defence

did you see Ted last night vs MvG, he was getting really pyched and in MvG's face rofl

Could probably see eachother's reflections on their heads :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:The event is guaranteed a big audience if it is shown on ITV4. :-)

yes definetly.

you also spot the easy misinterpretation of Snooker Overdrives comment there then haha

Postby Roland

I think there will probably be highlights coverage on ITV1. I would expect the schedule to go something like X-factor, news, X-factor phone in poll results, Power Snooker but I've not read an ITV1 schedule for about 20 years because it's so predictable. And they will probably show the whole of the best match because at least 1 of the 8 will go to the wire and will involve a pot in the dying seconds to win. And not forgetting it's on Eurosport player and Eurosport will be showing it. But apart from that :redneck:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I think there will probably be highlights coverage on ITV1. I would expect the schedule to go something like X-factor, news, X-factor phone in poll results, Power Snooker but I've not read an ITV1 schedule for about 20 years because it's so predictable. And they will probably show the whole of the best match because at least 1 of the 8 will go to the wire and will involve a pot in the dying seconds to win. And not forgetting it's on Eurosport player and Eurosport will be showing it. But apart from that :redneck:

X Factor results are on the Sunday night haha

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I think there will probably be highlights coverage on ITV1. I would expect the schedule to go something like X-factor, news, X-factor phone in poll results, Power Snooker but I've not read an ITV1 schedule for about 20 years because it's so predictable. And they will probably show the whole of the best match because at least 1 of the 8 will go to the wire and will involve a pot in the dying seconds to win. And not forgetting it's on Eurosport player and Eurosport will be showing it. But apart from that :redneck:

and you just got me thinking of a typical classic ITV line up from a Sat night around 20 years ago

5.30pm - Catchphrase ? Beadles About ?
6.00pm - Baywatch ? Blind Date?
7.00pm - Gladiators? You Bet?
8.00pm - An Audience With ....... ? Dennis Norden ?
9.00pm - Clive James? Saturday Fight Night Live ?

im sure ive forgot a few classics though <doh>

Postby Roland

You bet! You bet! You bet you bet you bet! Urrrrvuvuvuvuu good game good game

who was that an impression of?

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:You bet! You bet! You bet you bet you bet! Urrrrvuvuvuvuu good game good game

who was that an impression of?

too easy :chin:

can you name the other 2 to have presented You Bet though?

Postby Roland

Matthew Kelly? ermmm Sarah Kennedy? Barry Sheene? No that was Just Amazing!

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Matthew Kelly? ermmm Sarah Kennedy? Barry Sheene? No that was Just Amazing!

yes the bearded pervert was prob the main You Bet presenter actually,

talking of him i suppose Stars in Your Eyes would be a Saturday Night staple back then :bowdown:

so much for the X Factor being a new fad, even back then we watched Average Joe Punter making a tit of themselves singing

Postby Tubberlad

Some good horseracing on during the day, out tomorrow night, none of this rubbish this year for me, I've learned my lesson from last year :D

Postby Wildey

well this thread has taken a interesting route and im starting to like it arise sir bruce the saviour of the thread :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:well this thread has taken a interesting route and im starting to like it arise sir bruce the saviour of the thread :bowdown: :bowdown:

pity Brucie wasnt there tomorrow to help the refs when they inevitably get the scores wrong like last year, he could shout Higher or Lower to them :chuckle: