Topic locked

Re: Power Snooker Discussion Topic

Postby Tubberlad

Just noticed when Murphy came in there, it scrolled across the bottom that he has won 4 ranking titles... is the Players' Finals counted as a ranking title?

Postby mishcka

Tubberlad wrote:Just noticed when Murphy came in there, it scrolled across the bottom that he has won 4 ranking titles... is the Players' Finals counted as a ranking title?

No... :no:
but that bio section is all inaccurate anyways !

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:Just noticed when Murphy came in there, it scrolled across the bottom that he has won 4 ranking titles... is the Players' Finals counted as a ranking title?

yes <ok>

and i think thats only fair its a season long ranking title.

Postby Tubberlad

mishcka wrote:Higgins commentating :D
Ronnie Connentating :D

I take anyone who is not Denis Taylor

O'Sullivan just didn't want to be there... Higgins has been quite good.

Hahaha, did you hear that from Allen?

Postby mishcka

Tubberlad wrote:
mishcka wrote:Higgins commentating :D
Ronnie Connentating :D

I take anyone who is not Denis Taylor

O'Sullivan just didn't want to be there... Higgins has been quite good.

Hahaha, did you hear that from Allen?

Higgins is being too nice :-)
But the point is: it is refereshing to have new commentators. The ones we have now are all, aside from Clive, getting on my nerves. you can tell what they are going to say before they even say it!

Postby Muppet147

Against my better judgement, I've been watching this.

There don't really seem to have been any big breaks, though I didn't watch Selby's match.

A lot of easy balls being missed too. (According to the 'experts' in the commentary box, that is because the pockets are very tight.)

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Against my better judgement, I've been watching this.

There don't really seem to have been any big breaks, though I didn't watch Selby's match.

A lot of easy balls being missed too. (According to the 'experts' in the commentary box, that is because the pockets are very tight.)

Surprisingly, they actually are a bit tight, and playing on this table is like playing snooker in iceland :ahh: :chin: Really,really fast cloth this one.

More action in about an hours time

Postby Wildey

they might look tight because players minds are in jam jars with things to think about and they miss anything i really cant believe in this format they havent opened up the pockets.

Postby Andre147

There seems to be some problems with the televison on this match.. hasnt started yet

Postby Roland

We're under way now. Williams and Lee looks like being close. Mark isn't panicking unlike a lot of people watching who see 70 points the same as a 70 point deficit in real snooker.

Postby Roland

Robbo and Maguire should be quite close. Robbo did well in the last one, launched a good comeback against Murphy towards the end with some power zone potting

Postby Roland

snookerbacker is just being a grumpy old man but it is funny. The players are enjoying it and it is a good game, I'd like to play it but the presentation has been awful and they've missed a lot of tricks which would aid gameplay.

Postby Witz78

the rules are straightforward enough, the players just havent bothered learning the rules properly so keep missing out on tricks.

the common crap they keep coming out with is "just play normal snooker and dont worry about the powerball". Doh, the whole idea is to embrace the rules and take advantage where you can. The powerball keeps on being about the last or 2nd last red on the table which is pathetic really.

Ronnie will push the boat out and show everyone how to play this.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:the rules are straightforward enough, the players just havent bothered learning the rules properly so keep missing out on tricks.

the common crap they keep coming out with is "just play normal snooker and dont worry about the powerball". Doh, the whole idea is to embrace the rules and take advantage where you can. The powerball keeps on being about the last or 2nd last red on the table which is pathetic really.

I agree. Ronnie is probably the only player involved who really knows the rules. Also there's no better player in the world under shot clock conditions.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 19 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:the rules are straightforward enough, the players just havent bothered learning the rules properly so keep missing out on tricks.

I agree completly, we could see that when Ronnie commented on the Selby match, he knew the rules very well, and it´s clear that he will be definately trying to bring the power ball into play as soon as possible, so that he can make a big break. Like last year remember? he made 1 or 2 centuries thanks to that power ball. He will showit to them and win, at least I hope he wins. :-)

Postby PLtheRef

Witz78 wrote:some of the critics onb Twitter are a bit endless

SnookerBacker the worst

then folk like Matt going on about refusing to watch it etc

Then they cant have a true opinion then?

Its a shame really because there is some actual potential in the game and after all its all meant to be exhibitional and I think this is the ideal format to try different formats out -

The reason why the shootout came off was because it is basically the same game. Power Snooker is very different and its become farcical with Michaela and Jan having to explain the rules at each situation. The refs have done a good job here trying to keep on top of the rules.

Postby Roland

I much prefer this to the Shootout but it's good to have a bit of variety. But at the end of the day as Hendon said, the only true test of the players is the championship version of snooker. This is just warm up for the UK.

Postby Roland

it's good to have variety at the end of the day. I like the Shootout as well but it's not exactly well thought out and it's just a showcase for the players to get their faces on tv at the end of the day. Nigel Bond won the Shootout, at least the winner of this event will have to know the tactics so it's not as random by a mile

Postby Andre147

A magnificent century from Ronnie in the 2nd rack, and well played in the 3rd..

But then, what does he do in the 4th??? plays a red, when it was the coulour ball on, becvause he didnt see the red in :grrr: