Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Homes World Seniors Championship !!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 5th of November

1pm

Tony Drago 1-2 Steve Davis

Followed By

Dene O'Kane 2-1 Neal Foulds

Followed By

Karl Townsend 2-0 Steve Ventham

Followed By

John Parrott 2-1 Joe Johnson

7pm

Jimmy White 2-0 Tony Knowles

Followed By

Nigel Bond 0-2 Dennis Taylor

Followed By

Gary Wilkinson 0-2 Darren Morgan

Followed By

Cliff Thorburn 2-1 Doug Mountjoy

Postby Roland

I've been hooked. This event is great! The only thing I'd change is the pointless shot clock coming in. Best of 3s are fine but maybe the final or the semis and final should be best of 5. All in all though, it's been great seeing the legends. I'm loving Cliff Thorburn v Doug Mountjoy.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,it,s the battle of "The Old Fogeys World Championship"! :-)

I saw bits n pieces of some matches yesterday,good win for Taylor!.

:D Come on Dennis,you were world champ once,would be nice if you could be the world champ again,"The old fogey world champion"!. :happy:

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:saw a little bit yesterday, nice to see Drago and his own style for a few frames.............the interview mid match were, how can I say, rather cack !!! :-D

Will watch the final session tonight. :gag:

it was ok for this thing but please god not in main rankers.

just thinking imagine clive asking Alex Higgins mid match after he lost a frame.

clive "well Alex you missed a couple of pots there what went wrong"

Alex "buck off you runt"

rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:so what happened in the Taylor game then?

how did it go, very scrappy? or did Dennis have some good breaks?

if anything the shot clock prob helped Taylor as he had to focus on the game instead of talking about golf to the crowd

it was a scrappy match Dennis potted some good balls but not much scoring...

just illustrating how tough these Players was 20+ years ago.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 6th of November

1pm

Steve Davis 2-0 Dene O'Kane

Followed By

Darren Morgan 1-0 Cliff Thorburn

Followed By

Jimmy White v Dennis Taylor

Followed By

John Parrott v Karl Townsend

Postby Roland

Absolutely ridiculous. Firstly the shot clock, because outside of the Shootout it is a load of bullocks, and secondly the 3 misses and ball in hand rule. The World Seniors need more respect than to be guinea-pigs with non-snooker

Postby Roland

referee warned Parrott he had to hit a red otherwise it was ball in hand. Both players queried the rules, Davis sportingly asked for the white to be put back for Parrott to have another go instead of taking the easy frame kill with ball in hand. Ball in hand is a farce. At top level it's like saying foul you lose the frame. It's so obviously bullocks and yet somehow it's slipped into the rules of the Seniors.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:referee warned Parrott he had to hit a red otherwise it was ball in hand. Both players queried the rules, Davis sportingly asked for the white to be put back for Parrott to have another go instead of taking the easy frame kill with ball in hand. Ball in hand is a farce. At top level it's like saying foul you lose the frame. It's so obviously bullocks and yet somehow it's slipped into the rules of the Seniors.

That's a weird one. Like in the PL on Thursday - Judd missing a red, it knocks the green in - bang game over. You could see Ronnie saying " ball in hand for that".