Topic locked

Re: The Wuxi Classic Discussion !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Just read witz getting pwned by DH :redneck:

has he, ive just woke up with a raging hangover after the Legends last night so ill just check it out :dizzy:

You got to make a Snooker Legends Glasgow post now.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Just read witz getting pwned by DH :redneck:

has he, ive just woke up with a raging hangover after the Legends last night so ill just check it out :dizzy:

You got to make a Snooker Legends Glasgow post now.

bullet points as i cant be fussed writing a proper report :fart:

1) Virgos joke about Knowles at the start was the best of a bad bunch
2) Virgos Alex Higgins impression is funnier in real life than on TV
3) Jimmy easily the most popular player of the 4
4) Parrott to be fair was quite funny, but i still dont like him
5) Jimmy beat Parrot 2-0 :clap:
6) Thorburn was too deadpan and serious for an event like this, he even argued for ages with Virgo that the shot wasnt on when Virgo tried to get hom to do a 5 cushion safety escape
7) Thorburn and Taylor still showed some of the old magic and Dennis won after a respotted black to decide it.
8) The 2 guys who won the raffle to play doubles were bloody terrible
9) The raffle was just an excuse to line the Legends pockets, Taylor was desperate to get the bidding higher and higher.
10) My shout out at the lovely Michelle, one of the Legends girls, went down like a lead balloon :blush:
11) The final was fixed with the red spread setting up a 147 chance for Jimmy which he eventually broke down on the 14th red :sad:
12) Glasgow promotion of the event was a joke as always, hence the venue was half empty <doh>
13) The Kelvin Halls a joke, no food or drink facilities bar a couple of machines, let alone alcohol <doh>
14) I regret not staying behind to buy that Jimmy canvas picture and getting him to sign it
15) If the bird who was the double of Michaela was her sister, then shes definelty better looking than Michaela <ok>
16) Taylor cracked a sick joke about the Chinese <doh> (there were 4 or 5 Chinese in the crowd behind me) :gag: :john: :fart:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
bullet points as i cant be fussed writing a proper report :fart:

1) Virgos joke about Knowles at the start was the best of a bad bunch
2) Virgos Alex Higgins impression is funnier in real life than on TV
3) Jimmy easily the most popular player of the 4
4) Parrott to be fair was quite funny, but i still dont like him
5) Jimmy beat Parrot 2-0 :clap:
6) Thorburn was too deadpan and serious for an event like this, he even argued for ages with Virgo that the shot wasnt on when Virgo tried to get hom to do a 5 cushion safety escape
7) Thorburn and Taylor still showed some of the old magic and Dennis won after a respotted black to decide it.
8) The 2 guys who won the raffle to play doubles were bloody terrible
9) The raffle was just an excuse to line the Legends pockets, Taylor was desperate to get the bidding higher and higher.
10) My shout out at the lovely Michelle, one of the Legends girls, went down like a lead balloon :blush:
11) The final was fixed with the red spread setting up a 147 chance for Jimmy which he eventually broke down on the 14th red :sad:
12) Glasgow promotion of the event was a joke as always, hence the venue was half empty <doh>
13) The Kelvin Halls a joke, no food or drink facilities bar a couple of machines, let alone alcohol <doh>
14) I regret not staying behind to buy that Jimmy canvas picture and getting him to sign it
15) If the bird who was the double of Michaela was her sister, then shes definelty better looking than Michaela <ok>
16) Taylor cracked a sick joke about the Chinese <doh> (there were 4 or 5 Chinese in the crowd behind me) :gag: :john: :fart:

Sounds about right. Sadly, much though I like the guy, I think you're right about Thorburn. I think you could make a case for the guy being urbane, or witty :limp: but his sense of humour doesn't quite gel with these events. He wouldn't be missed if they replaced him with another legend. Parrott is funnier there then he comes across on telly, as is Virgo.

Also the milking of the fans is embarrassing with Taylor giving it; "Only £300 for a cue Jimmy White played with once last week. Come on...." as is their announcement; "Due to time constraints we can only sign merchandise that you've spent £15." Thieving chameleons. rofl

Aside from that, they are good nights.

Postby SnookerFan

Odrl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Any bothered to get up?

Yeah, although it looks like I could have slept for another hour. :-D

Know what you mean. I was only going to watch a bit of this game before work. Looks like it's going to be a very short bit.

Postby Wildey

any fool knows they showed the wrong match

Peter Ebdon 3-1 Rouzi Maimaiti
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Yu Delu

Postby Odrl

I would have chosen Yu-Stevens as well, but the Ebdon match has been quite intriguing so far. Rouzi Maimaiti worked hard to win the 4th frame with an excellent break. He fought quite well in the 3rd frame as well, but he had too much to do. :-)

Postby Wildey

kostasmad wrote:Stevens fights back from 4-2 down with 2 70+ breaks in 2 frames and we have a decider...

he was on a max missed red at 72 with 75 on he was lucky to get away with that frame.

Postby randam05

Very good match with Ebdon here. This is the one I wanted to watch. Didnt give a rubbish about the other match. Stevens will only choke.

Fantastic century from ebdon to open and the rest has been good quality too. Quite enjoying this. Why wouldnt people watch? Hmm strange...beyond me..

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:any fool knows they showed the wrong match

Peter Ebdon 3-1 Rouzi Maimaiti
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Yu Delu

SnookerFan wrote:I hope so. Though Eurosport rarely put the most logical match on. I have a terrible feeling we might get Ebdon. rofl

:john:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Very good match with Ebdon here. This is the one I wanted to watch. Didnt give a rubbish about the other match. Stevens will only choke.

Fantastic century from ebdon to open and the rest has been good quality too. Quite enjoying this. Why wouldnt people watch? Hmm strange...beyond me..

How is the Ebdon game going? I got halfway through the third frame, and then had to go to work. :grrr:

I didn't shave or shower to watch snooker, so I probably look like a tramp and smell. rofl

Postby Wildey

its getting closer but the other match was better quality plus tense.