6am

Shaun Murphy 5-1 Peter Ebdon
Mark Selby 5-0 Graeme Dott

12.30 pm

Ali Carter v Yu Delu
Ding Junhui v Stephen Maguire TV MATCH

Re: The Wuxi Classic Discussion !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dammit. I just went on Facebook, and the World Snooker Page posted a message telling me who had won the matches today. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

I was already wishing I had taken the day off to watch this, what with the rain pouring down. I am also taping the afternoon match, but that's not being shown in it's entirety, is it?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Dammit. I just went on Facebook, and the World Snooker Page posted a message telling me who had won the matches today. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

I was already wishing I had taken the day off to watch this, what with the rain pouring down. I am also taping the afternoon match, but that's not being shown in it's entirety, is it?

you wont be able to resist coming online and finding out the result anyway :D

Postby Wildey

Friday 8th of July

6am

Shaun Murphy 5-1 Peter Ebdon
Mark Selby 5-0 Graeme Dott

12.30 pm

Ali Carter 5-3 Yu Delu
Ding Junhui 5-4 Stephen Maguire

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Dammit. I just went on Facebook, and the World Snooker Page posted a message telling me who had won the matches today. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

you wont be able to resist coming online and finding out the result anyway :D

I did yesterday.

Postby SnookerFan

That was an interesting two frames they put on of Maguire vs Ding. rofl Shame that wasn't the result I knew, rather then the match in it's entirety.

So who is getting up to see Murphy vs Carter at 6am tomorrow?

Postby Odrl

SnookerFan wrote:So who is getting up to see Murphy vs Carter at 6am tomorrow?

I'll be watching it. :-)

I thought Murphy played quite well for most of his match against Ebdon, only one bad frame really. We haven't seen Carter obviously, but with his good record against Murphy in recent years, it should be an interesting match.

Postby Roland

I'll watch Ding v Selby. Of course as it's not at the Crucible Selby will probably win.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I'll watch Ding v Selby. Of course as it's not at the Crucible Selby will probably win.

That match aint on live, is it? Is that the match that's on as "highlights" at 9:45 on Eurosport?

Postby SnookerFan

Odrl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So who is getting up to see Murphy vs Carter at 6am tomorrow?

I'll be watching it. :-)

I thought Murphy played quite well for most of his match against Ebdon, only one bad frame really. We haven't seen Carter obviously, but with his good record against Murphy in recent years, it should be an interesting match.

Pity. My first act at work today, was to ermm.... check my facebook. It didn't occur to me that the World Snooker page would put on a live "Shaun Murphy and Mark Selby win" update that early. Especially as I thought I was the only person in the world who cared. rofl It would've been quite a tense match, had I not known who was going to win.

Still, tomorrow morning at 6am, I'll be there. :bowdown:

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:I'll watch Ding v Selby. Of course as it's not at the Crucible Selby will probably win.

That match aint on live, is it? Is that the match that's on as "highlights" at 9:45 on Eurosport?

Ah sod it then, I'll remain a Wuxi virgin. My gap was from mid-morning until about 3:30pm other than that a pretty busy weekend.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ah sod it then, I'll remain a Wuxi virgin. My gap was from mid-morning until about 3:30pm other than that a pretty busy weekend.

I hope Ding gets to the final, as their idea of his live match was that least about 40 minutes of play. :rolleyes:

Still, I must confess I do like a bit of early morning snooker action. I'm defrosting some sausages to have for Saturday breakfast. Though I might have to nip out on mid-session to buy some bread. Otherwise I'll be watching snooker with sausages and Ready Salted crisps.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:doubt ill be troubling getting up early for this

dont want to be tired come disco dancing time tomorrow night !!!

you do know its not the 1970s no more ?

i bet just before you go out you will put on a VHS of Saturday Night Fever

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

I thought you were a 24-hour party person Witz. rofl I can see you up at 5am, beer for breakfast, hard stuff by the time the snooker is on, still going by strong when you are out on the snake hiss. :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

you do know its not the 1970s no more ?

i bet just before you go out you will put on a VHS of Saturday Night Fever

<laugh>

ive actually got it on DVD now, a 30th anniversary special edition deluxe edition with added features on a 2nd DVD such as How to Dance like Travolta, 70s disco documentary, revisiting the locations of the movie and commentary of the film from the stars and directors etc.

Id recommend it for someone to buy Snookerfan as a Xmas present actually.

Infact i may well stick it on later if the TV viewing doesnt improve.

Postby SnookerFan

But being that I am not a 24 hour party person, I am off to bed. :wave:

Hope to see a couple of you at 6am tomorrow. I will be posting, even if I have to talk to myself.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

I thought you were a 24-hour party person Witz. rofl Up at 5am, beer for breakfast, hard stuff by the time the snooker is on, still going by strong when you are out on the snake hiss. :hatoff:

24 seconds party person with a few hours sleep between each 24 seconds spells of getting down at the old folks home rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
ive actually got it on DVD now, a 30th anniversary special edition deluxe edition with added features on a 2nd DVD such as How to Dance like Travolta, 70s disco documentary, revisiting the locations of the movie and commentary of the film from the stars and directors etc.

Id recommend it for someone to buy Snookerfan as a Xmas present actually.

Infact i may well stick it on later if the TV viewing doesnt improve.

It's such a rubbish film. Grease was much better, in my opinion.