Topic locked

Re: The Wuxi Classic Discussion !!!!!!

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:Very good match with Ebdon here. This is the one I wanted to watch. Didnt give a rubbish about the other match. Stevens will only choke.

Fantastic century from ebdon to open and the rest has been good quality too. Quite enjoying this. Why wouldnt people watch? Hmm strange...beyond me..

How is the Ebdon game going? I got halfway through the third frame, and then had to go to work. :grrr:

I didn't shave or shower to watch snooker, so I probably look like a tramp and smell. rofl

4-3 now! Ebdon seems to have lost it.

Postby Odrl

SnookerFan wrote:4-3 to who? It was 2-0 to Ebdon when I left, with him looking good in the third frame. :shock:

It did go 3-0, but then Maimaiti wasted a lovely chance to get back to 2-3. He still got back to 3-4 though, but Ebdon finished with a century. :-)

Looking forward to Maguire-Liang now. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Odrl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:4-3 to who? It was 2-0 to Ebdon when I left, with him looking good in the third frame. :shock:

It did go 3-0, but then Maimaiti wasted a lovely chance to get back to 2-3. He still got back to 3-4 though, but Ebdon finished with a century. :-)

Looking forward to Maguire-Liang now. :-)

Well, I've got that one being taped, and am going to watch it this evening. Providing Eurosport doesn't succumb to the temptation of putting the Tour De Farce or women's tennis on. <laugh>

Anyway, I'm gonna stay away from the Island for the rest of the day, as I don't want to see the result. Enjoy this afternoon's games, peeps. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 7th of July

6am

Matthew Stevens 4-5 Yu Delu
Peter Ebdon 5-3 Rouzi Maimaiti

Postby SnookerFan

If Liang Wenbo wins this afternoon, he's playing the guy who will team with him in the World Cup next week. :shock:

Okay, okay. I'm really logging off to work now. rofl

Postby Wildey

is Ivy Zhu reffing this week :love:

maguire goes 2-0 up without getting out of neutral......Wenbo looks bad.

Postby Wildey

Wenbo problem is the long pots not going in and it affects rest of his game.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:Wenbo problem is the long pots not going in and it affects rest of his game.

mentally weak :bow:

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Any news on the Dott score?

2-1 dott after losing the 1st frame

maguire 3-0

Postby Wildey

what a flat match liang needs to take this at this visit its been dyre rubbish so far from him

Postby Wildey

to be fair he is getting some awfull run but its so flat maguire playing at best journeyman level.

Postby Wildey

you could say ohhh well early season but Wenbo been hopeless a long time now if he plays like this chinas World Cup odds will be lengthening.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 7th of July

12.30pm

Stephen Maguire 5-2 Liang Wenbo
Graeme Dott 5-2 Cao Yupeng

today i think the best matches was away from the TV Cameras

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I dunno why I bother getting up. He is never televised.

id show Selby v Dott but Murphy is defending champ.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I dunno why I bother getting up. He is never televised.

stay in bed

davehendon David Hendon
Murphy v Ebdon @ 6am UK time on British Eurosport2 in the morning. Ding v Maguire in afternoon.

Postby SnookerFan

Watched Mags vs Liang this evening. (And lost my bucking Oyster card whilst going to my mate's.) :grrr:

Both men looked horrendously out of form. My prediction that it might fizzle out didn't do it justice, because fizzling out suggested that there was something good already there. But God help me, I enjoyed it. The low standard from both men, with the sudden increase in quality towards the end of the frame when it was on. The slim chance that there might be late drama from when Liang won 2 frames. The little chase at the end, when there was 27 in it with 27 on. The fact that it was best of nine, in a time where best of sevens seem fashionable.

Even the first two frames of the Ebdon game that I watched this morning was entertaining, but I hear that lagged towards the end too. Typical Ebdon.

I wouldn't mind if there were more Wuxi Classic type tournaments during the year, but feck knows where we'd fit them in. Or do I just need to get out more? rofl

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Watched Mags vs Liang this evening. (And lost my bucking Oyster card whilst going to my mate's.) :grrr:

Both men looked horrendously out of form. My prediction that it might fizzle out didn't do it justice, because fizzling out suggested that there was something good already there. But God help me, I enjoyed it. The low standard from both men, with the sudden increase in quality towards the end of the frame when it was on. The slim chance that there might be late drama from when Liang won 2 frames. The little chase at the end, when there was 27 in it with 27 on. The fact that it was best of nine, in a time where best of sevens seem fashionable.

Even the first two frames of the Ebdon game that I watched this morning was entertaining, but I hear that lagged towards the end too. Typical Ebdon.

I wouldn't mind if there were more Wuxi Classic type tournaments during the year, but feck knows where we'd fit them in. Or do I just need to get out more? rofl

id sooner have more rankers than this Wuxi nonsense

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
id sooner have more rankers than this Wuxi nonsense

Well, yeah, obviously. Same with the World Cup. But I have nothing against this being on whilst there aren't any rankers on. Or the top players doing this to keep busy while the qualifiers are happening.