Topic locked

Re: The Wuxi Classic Discussion !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Nobody is really claiming this is a major, to be fair. I'm not sure they are even showing all of the final on TV. Still a couple of days with some rare best of nines on TV can't be complained about. Like the Premier League, if it's not your thing you don't have to watch it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Thursday 7th of July

6am

Matthew Stevens v Yu Delu
Peter Ebdon v Rouzi Maimaiti

12.30pm

Stephen Maguire v Liang Wenbo
Graeme Dott v Cao Yupeng

my guess and i think im pretty sure about this the Eurosport Live Matches will be Matthew Stevens v Yu Delu and Stephen Maguire v Liang Wenbo.

I hope so. Though Eurosport rarely put the most logical match on. I have a terrible feeling we might get Ebdon. rofl

Postby Monique

How many times will it be necessary to repeat it: it's not ES deciding which match is on telly. They are only relaying the broadcasting by some Chinese broadcaster. It's them with the tournament director who decide. Biut Yu Delu's profile being higher than Rouzi Maimaiti, I think that's the one we are going to see.

Postby GJ

old simple living up to his name yet again

:spot on: <laugh> rofl :?

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:old simple living up to his name yet again

I know who chooses the matches, I was just saying. rofl

For all we know the Ebdon match might be a massive draw in China.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:old simple living up to his name yet again

I know who chooses the matches, I was just saying. rofl

For all we know the Ebdon match might be a massive draw in China.

they will go more on the chinese wild card and Yu Delu is a bigger name than Rouzi Maimaiti plus hes now a professional player.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:they will go more on the chinese wild card and Yu Delu is a bigger name than Rouzi Maimaiti plus hes now a professional player.

Quite right.

To clear things up, can I categorically state that I know who choses the matches, and who Yu Delu is. I apologise if yet another bad attempt at humour has caused any misunderstanding. :emb:

rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:they will go more on the chinese wild card and Yu Delu is a bigger name than Rouzi Maimaiti plus hes now a professional player.

Quite right.

To clear things up, can I categorically state that I know who choses the matches, and who Yu Delu is. I apologise if yet another bad attempt at humour has caused any misunderstanding. :emb:

rofl

:bowdown: rofl

Postby SnookerFan

So, whilst we're on the subject. What do people think of the first round games?

Maguire vs Liang Wenbo could be a cracker. Or it could fizzle out. Maguire goes between being on fire and being a bit rubbish, and Liang Wenbo's form has been patchy for a while.

Matthew Stevens v Yu Delu may be the best match of the four. Stevens has come back on to form, but as has been stated Yu Delu is a tour player and not some jabornified wildcard. He might give Stevens a tough test. And you never know with Stevens, on his day he can lose to anybody.

Graeme Dott v Cao Yupeng is less attractive, but could still be a solid match.

Peter Ebdon v Rouzi Maimaiti :zzz: rofl

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:So, whilst we're on the subject. What do people think of the first round games?

Maguire vs Liang Wenbo could be a cracker. Or it could fizzle out. Maguire goes between being on fire and being a bit rubbish, and Liang Wenbo's form has been patchy for a while.

Matthew Stevens v Yu Delu may be the best match of the four. Stevens has come back on to form, but as has been stated Yu Delu is a tour player and not some jabornified wildcard. He might give Stevens a tough test. And you never know with Stevens, on his day he can lose to anybody.

Graeme Dott v Cao Yupeng is less attractive, but could still be a solid match.

Peter Ebdon v Rouzi Maimaiti :zzz: rofl

Maguire - Wenbo could fizzle out
Dott - Yupend is less attractive
Ebdon - Maimaiti :zzz:

a glowing endorsement of the Wuxi from its biggest fanboy i see <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Maguire - Wenbo could fizzle out
Dott - Yupend is less attractive
Ebdon - Maimaiti :zzz:

a glowing endorsement of the Wuxi from its biggest fanboy i see <doh>

A bad day watching snooker is better then a good day doing anything else. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:i was wrong old pete is on TV :chin:

The tournament begins on Thursday with four matches, two of them played on the TV table: Peter Ebdon v Rouzi Maimiati and Stephen Maguire v Liang Wenbo.

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... assic.html

WHO IS SIMPLE NOW, sweeties! :grrr:

rofl

chinese TV <ok>

Postby randam05

I would much rather watch the Ebdon match :-)

And I dont care on prestige/ prize money/ ranking points. Im a true snookerfan, like snooker fan, and will watch every bit of televised snooker I can! Aslong as it has players I know of then whats the problem? The length of the matches are very decent! Better than a lot of ranking points and theres some quality players.

So Ill be watching all of it! I am VERY excited to be honest. Why wouldnt I be? I love snooker, end of.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:I would much rather watch the Ebdon match :-)

And I dont care on prestige/ prize money/ ranking points. Im a true snookerfan, like snooker fan, and will watch every bit of televised snooker I can! Aslong as it has players I know of then whats the problem? The length of the matches are very decent! Better than a lot of ranking points and theres some quality players.

So Ill be watching all of it! I am VERY excited to be honest. Why wouldnt I be? I love snooker, end of.

so me you and snookerfan watching :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Plus my sis, she will be waking me up at ten to 6 with a cup of tea! ;)

rofl rofl

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:wow we have 5 true snooker fans! Plus my sis, she will be waking me up at ten to 6 with a cup of tea! ;)

you can be a true snooker fan without being a compulsive viewer of any snooker going :no:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
randam05 wrote:wow we have 5 true snooker fans! Plus my sis, she will be waking me up at ten to 6 with a cup of tea! ;)

you can be a true snooker fan without being a compulsive viewer of any snooker going :no:

Snooker hatah! :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

I don't know how much I'll weigh in the first two days, to be honest. I'll be getting it taped due to 'work' commitments and watching it in the evening. So I'll be posting in the evening, to avoid seeing the results.

6am Saturday, I'll be here though. My alarm will be waking me up. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

yes but not really when you go to sheffield and go clubs and pubs when the World Championship is on thats just a groupie or a any excuse to get snake hissed merchant.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

witz :hatoff:

randam aka simples side kick <doh> :fart:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

witz :hatoff:

randam aka simples side kick <doh> :fart:

Yes. Silly old me, pointing out Ebdon might get on the telly. :bum: