Post a reply

Re: World under 21s Snooker

Postby PLtheRef

Semis I think are over two sessions - best of 13 frames

It's a Thai !

Postby roy142857

Both of the finalists will be from Thailand, as both Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon and Noppon Saengkham book their place in the final with 7-4 victories. Saengkham came from behind to defeat China's Li Hang and will seek to repeat his victory in 2009 (he had beaten Tirapongpaiboon in the quarter finals).

:clap:

Disappointment for Nick Jennings, who got one round further than last year. Li Hang will be gutted, having had a last frame loss to Sam Craigie in the final last year this was his last chance at this particular title as he's 20 according to Global Snooker (likewise Jennings).

Final will be best of 17 frames, first session is about 3pm UK time I believe. OOPS quick edit (thanks wild) - 3pm local time
Last edited by roy142857 on 23 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby roy142857

A quick run-down of the century breaks:

Li Hang 138, 126, 114, 113
Zhang Anda 137, 132, 130, 127, 118, 117
Duane Jones 137, 115, 108
Scott Donaldson 129, 111
Rhys Clark 129
Akani Songsermsawad 127
Vincent Muldoon 123, 122, 104, 102, 101
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 123, 107, 102, 102, 102
Nick Jennings 121
Michael Leslie 119, 114
Mitchell Travis 116, 111
Noppon Saengkham 113, 104, 102, 100
Greg Casey 108
Kishan Hirani 102
David Cassidy 101

Postby Wildey

3pm UK Time is 10am in Montreal early to start a final isnt it ?

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:3pm UK Time is 10am in Montreal early to start a final isnt it ?

Sorry, mis-read the information - it's 3pm local time, so 8pm our time.

:emb:

I 've been brave and forked out for the live streaming for the final - came to just under £5 so not so bad, just hoping it works! (Followed the watch finals live link from the ibsf.info website)

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:
Wild wrote:3pm UK Time is 10am in Montreal early to start a final isnt it ?

Sorry, mis-read the information - it's 3pm local time, so 8pm our time.

:emb:

I 've been brave and forked out for the live streaming for the final - came to just under £5 so not so bad, just hoping it works! (Followed the watch finals live link from the ibsf.info website)

wrong again <laugh>

Latest Score

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 6-1 Noppon Saengkham

Postby Witz78

Just a shame they didnt have the sense to give TT a wildcard onto the tour this year

he was 16 last season and did well, not least his marvellous 147 and i thought he deserved another chance.

I really think the tour could be expanded slightly bigger

why have 96 players with there being a hardcore of 15-20 players who seem to yo-yo off the tour then back on, when a say, 128 strong tour with the top 96 def staying on, would give the base for so many more youngsters to survive on tour, then make a go of trying to climb the rankings

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Just a shame they didnt have the sense to give TT a wildcard onto the tour this year

he was 16 last season and did well, not least his marvellous 147 and i thought he deserved another chance.

I really think the tour could be expanded slightly bigger

why have 96 players with there being a hardcore of 15-20 players who seem to yo-yo off the tour then back on, when a say, 128 strong tour with the top 96 def staying on, would give the base for so many more youngsters to survive on tour, then make a go of trying to climb the rankings

not sure about that i think mediocre will survive also.

but i think theres a case where top 32 amataurs on the PTC List got a invite to all the ranking Tournaments of the season

Top 32 on last years PTC Order of merit for Australia and Shanghai then for UK after PTC 8 and for the remaining tournaments the final PTC List.

the sport is now open again lets use the chance to expand more.

Regarding T T they gave a Wild Card to Lucky Vatani why ?

Postby Wildey

Result

Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 9-3 Noppon Saengkham

Congrats for being U21 World Champion a Tournament won by Ken Doherty amongst others

So T T Will Return to the main tour in 2012/2013 Good Luck for him in PTC this seson.

Postby roy142857

Only managed to keep an eye on it during the evening, as family stuff going on ... the good news was that the stream was good enough to go full screen, so actually managed to follow a fair bit - guess congratulations to them for that, but would have liked to see more than just the final ... anyone know if this is down to IBSF or the host country? Was wondering about the IBSF World Championship later this year from that point of view, especially as still no venue/dates on IBSF calendar.