Post a reply

Re: Ladies World Championships 2011

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:so the winners got to marry because theres only one trophy and the runner ups got one each.

Martin must be gutted rofl

Lol they got a trophy each... just that Joe had misplaced his. Found it back though <cool>

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:so the winners got to marry because theres only one trophy and the runner ups got one each.

Martin must be gutted rofl

Lol they got a trophy each... just that Joe had misplaced his. Found it back though <cool>

i wonder if joe will misplace his tip at sheffield to use as a excuse to his first round defeat like a certain welshman :chin:

Postby markj147

Monique is a star, working very hard here to capture the atmosphere.

Waiting on a crimp to tie up the connection from the camera to the broadband and then we will be streaming this. Definitely will be on from the first matches in the morning at 11am when the stream will feature the current IBSF World Champion On Yee Ng against Fran Calvert then the afternoon session at 13:30 will feature the IBSF Ladies finalist Jaique Ip Wan In against local Kim O'Brien. At 15:00 the seniors and junior events will kick off so it will be pot luck, tune in and see. :)

If the crimping fails all bets are off and its back to the HD recording. :S

Postby Wildey

yes monique is a one off her comitment to watching live snooker is second to none :clap:

Postby Roland

Where's the one who looks a bit like a female version of Selby? And how is Hannah doing?

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Where's the one who looks a bit like a female version of Selby? And how is Hannah doing?

Tatjana has won the mixed doubles event with Joe Perry. They were the defending champs and beat Pam Wood and Martin Gould in a rematch of last year final. Hannah was paired with Vinnie Calabrese and they lost in semis. But Hannah played very well.

Full results here: http://wlbsa.wytech.co.uk/node/381

Hannah is seeded in the main event, that's why you won't find her name in the group stage results.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:We are experimenting broadband problems, so streaming isn't working properly. Rather frustrating. :grrr:

i was about to go looking for straming :-(

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I got it working, but I'm looking at an empty table.

Stephen Lee must be in the building and hungry <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got it working, but I'm looking at an empty table.

Stephen Lee must be in the building and hungry <laugh>

It wasn't Stephen. The table was still there.

Postby markj147

Flippin broadband is intermittent so kicks off the stream. Those matches I recorded earlier should come up when the stream is down providing you go to the link that Monique put up earlier.

Next up should be Hannah v Naomi in the Junior final. Best of 5. Hannah just had an 80 against Vickys partner Rob missed a tough yellow. Hope she carries on the form but who knows.

Sonny, Hannah is seeded so doesnt play in the main event until tomorrow. :)

Postby PLtheRef

Are all events barring the main event knock-outs?

- Anyway of uploading some league tables? I assume that its 1 pt per frame, and a bonus for winning, so 3-0 = 4pts, 2-1 = 3 pts, 1-2 = 1 pt - as it used to be.

Postby Monique

Just updated the results page. So this concludes the groups stage. Young Jasmine Bolsover has withdrew.
Next on "television" table the Junior Final Hannah Jones v Naomi Clare. Best of 5.

Postby Monique

PLtheRef wrote:Are all events barring the main event knock-outs?

- Anyway of uploading some league tables? I assume that its 1 pt per frame, and a bonus for winning, so 3-0 = 4pts, 2-1 = 3 pts, 1-2 = 1 pt - as it used to be.

Tables are causing problems at the moment. Put the groups results in a "table like" way on the result page. Far from perfect but best I can do for now.

Postby PLtheRef

Monique wrote:Main Event knock-out stage draw, Senior event draw now on the site

No problem with the tables clear enough, How does the format change? Best of 5s best of 7s until the final?

Another thing that I noticed was that there only seems to be Vic Hartley refereeing the other games seem to be managed by the players themselves - If I'd known I would have offered to help out, - too far away from me at short notice though.

Give Vic my best wishes, - he'll know me by my first name - I did the 6 reds with him in 2009, very helpful referee in offering advice.