Post a reply

Re: Ladies World Championships 2011

Postby Monique

There is Vic, Colin Selby and Martyn Royce. Steve Markham should have been here but he's very poorly and had to withdraw.
I'll pass your best wishes to Vic.
Maybe you could contact Mandy Fisher? She would only be too happy to have another ref on board!

Postby Monique

Hong Kong team in great form: 3 out of 4 already in quarters. 4th one still playing.
And Tatjana Vasiljeva beats Katie Henrick 3-1. We could have as much as 5 non-brit players in the quarters!

Postby markj147

So far the draw is looking very interesting:

Reanne plays On Yee Ng (Stream)
Jaique/ Eva plays Tatyana Vasiljeva
Emma Bonney plays Yu Ching Ching
So Man Yan plays Maria Catalano

Possibly 5 overseas players into the quarter finals. Says alot. :S

Hannah was very unlucky against On Yee in the final frame. 7 flukes from the HK girl to win on the black! She's gutted but impressively philospophical.

Postby markj147

The quarter final starts at 4pm. The stream will feature Reanne Evans WLBSA World Champion and On Yee Ng IBSF World Champion best of 7. Based on this morning and the fact that Hannah had chances it should easily go the way of Reanne but then again!!!!

I will be featuring Maria Catalano against So Man Yan which I will be recording HD and moving the stream across to as and when necessary.

Postby Bourne

SnookerHannah Snooker Hannah
Won my first match with 99 points on the board :)
24 minutes ago

:hatoff:

Postby markj147

That'll be the billiards by the way. She hasnt played for a year and was playing a billiard player who is now understandably upset. The win alone qualifies her into the final stages... :)

Postby Roland

What's her highest break in billiards? I nearly fluked a century once, think at the time I beat my high break in snooker but after that I couldn't make a 40!

Postby markj147

She has had a 125 in practice - referreed at last years World Champs before the day before the billiards tournament started. I didnt believe it then but the referee confirmed the break. I can't remember he highest match break.

She is off to defend her English Under 19 ladies title next week in Lincoln. Should be fun. She had better start practicing :)

Postby Roland

You need a good touch to be good at billiards. 125 is a very good break, especially for a 14 year old girl.

It was quite bizarre when I made my high break. I was early to mid 20's and used to have an hour or so billiards at the end of a practice session every so often. I used to watch the old men in the club playing so I knew the tactics and how to play but I didn't realise what I'd done until I told a few people in the club who then didn't believe me. I honestly can't remember the break I made but I know it was over 80 and at the time my highest snooker break was something like 76 so I overtook it. It was only over the following couple of years that I realised it wasn't that easy to make big breaks at billiards :redneck:

I played in a few league matches and the thing that stays with me is that they have these rules, and you play by them but there are a lot of snobby players who frown on certain shots, like if you pot a succession of straight reds without cannons (moving between black and blue spots) it's not playing fair for some reason. So I left the billards snobs to it and concentrated on snooker.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I've played billiards about 5 times and I still don't know the rules :redneck:

<laugh>

used to play it quite a few times when i first played snooker and made rules up my self to roughly mirror how i think it was played.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I've played billiards about 5 times and I still don't know the rules :redneck:

<laugh>

used to play it quite a few times when i first played snooker and made rules up my self to roughly mirror how i think it was played.

Write them down! So we could have "Wild Billiards" as an alternative to "Power Snooker". Don't forget to put it into the rules that refs should be cute and females.

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:You need a good touch to be good at billiards. 125 is a very good break, especially for a 14 year old girl.

She was 13 when she made it ;)

She just had a shocker lost to Eva Palmius but a country mile. She is being red-bulled up for her next match against 5 time and current World Billiards Champion Emma Bonney... oooeeerr

Postby Monique

Reanne Evans wins her 7th World Title with a 5-1 victory over Emma Bonney. The match however was much much closer than the score suggests.
Emma gets the Highest Break of the tournament, a 67. Looks not much but the tables were very slow.
Well done Ladies :D