Post a reply

Re: Interview with Jessica Woods

Postby McManusFan

Very interesting read, thanks for sharing it. It does paint a pretty sorry picture for the future of snooker in Australia.

I'd kind of like Neil Robertson to win the worlds this year whilst I'm still in Aus, it'd be interesting to see if it makes the news. They are completely sports mad, and very nationalistic about it down here but I have the feeling even him winning the worlds wouldn't get a mention.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:Very interesting read, thanks for sharing it. It does paint a pretty sorry picture for the future of snooker in Australia.

I'd kind of like Neil Robertson to win the worlds this year whilst I'm still in Aus, it'd be interesting to see if it makes the news. They are completely sports mad, and very nationalistic about it down here but I have the feeling even him winning the worlds wouldn't get a mention.

There wasn't much interest in the Australian Open, if I remember correctly.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Very interesting read, thanks for sharing it. It does paint a pretty sorry picture for the future of snooker in Australia.

There wasn't much interest in the Australian Open, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, they axed it the year I moved out here so never got a chance to go.

Postby Holden Chinaski

McManusFan wrote:I'd kind of like Neil Robertson to win the worlds this year whilst I'm still in Aus, it'd be interesting to see if it makes the news. They are completely sports mad, and very nationalistic about it down here but I have the feeling even him winning the worlds wouldn't get a mention.

Are you serious? Surely it would be on the news and in all the papers?

Postby McManusFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I'd kind of like Neil Robertson to win the worlds this year whilst I'm still in Aus, it'd be interesting to see if it makes the news. They are completely sports mad, and very nationalistic about it down here but I have the feeling even him winning the worlds wouldn't get a mention.

Are you serious? Surely it would be on the news and in all the papers?

I'd hope so, but I seriously doubt it. I've never heard any mention of snooker (aside from in the snooker club) from anyone who isn't British down here.