Post a reply

Who films 'grass roots' snooker?

Postby whiteycj1

Only just joined up to this forum. Flicking through some previous threads and one caught my eye about the 69-year-old knocking in a 125 earlier in the year. What an achievement! Got me thinking, how it would have been great to capture that on film. My social media is flooded these days with grass roots football videos; who films their snooker matches in clubs to capture the best bits? There must be loads of awesome stuff happening? And if people don't do it, why not? Is it a case of not having the equipment (not easy on a phone)?

Asking partly from a selfish point of view as am involved with a new site trying to encourage amateur sports video sharing - building individual and team profiles and histories.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Re: Who films 'grass roots' snooker?

Postby Wildey

This message is for EVERYONE.

if a member askes for help like whiteycj1 did on this thread either help them with a proper answer or dont bother posting nothing.

Next time anyone posts bullocks like Vodkadiet did then instant Ban its not helpful at all.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:Next time anyone posts bullocks like Vodkadiet did then instant Ban its not helpful at all.

Posting bullocks is all Vodka ever does.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:Next time anyone posts bullocks like Vodkadiet did then instant Ban its not helpful at all.

Posting bullocks is all Vodka ever does.

Yea but this thread was created purely for help there are plenty of other threads he can talk bullocks in

Postby Badsnookerplayer

They have cameras pointing at the tables in my club and I think that you can ask for a copy of any decent breaks you make for a small fee.

Good idea IMO.

Also, One of the blokes I play bought a camera and set it up when we played a BO11. It came out really well but we both played rubbish.

Postby HappyCamper

I'd have thought for most people it would just be a bit too much hassle to set up then go through and edit the footage afterwards. And they might not have the equipment.

Doing a quick google search I found this video of a guy doing a 147 in practice in under five minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOhGxjVhvz0
So some people do do it I guess.

Postby vodkadiet

Apparently there is a guy called 'Seifer' who makes centuries for fun and he makes them in record breaking time. I believe he plays in the North West of England. There may be footage of him on youtube. He made a 147 in 4 minutes and 57 seconds in 2006 but he disallowed it because he fluked the final black and he erased the tape recording of it as a result.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkj5NAWGVkI&list=RDxkj5NAWGVkI&start_radio=1

cant say i did not warn you see you after the masters

Postby Wildey

For the record i hate banning anyone but i hate seeing new members ridiculed and not taken serious therefore as Mods we have to deal with it im not here to make friends and i dont give a toss about being popular only to be fair with everyone.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:For the record i hate banning anyone but i hate seeing new members ridiculed and not taken serious therefore as Mods we have to deal with it im not here to make friends and i dont give a toss about being popular only to be fair with everyone.

Patience of a Saint. This place would be gone to the dogs without a mod or two of substance.

Postby whiteycj1

Thanks everyone. Dan-Cat, I'll check out the channel for that club near Chicago.

BADSNOOKERPLAYER, what club is it that allows you to pay for the footage?

Totally agree with the guy saying it's too much hassle for someone who just wants to go out and knock a few balls around. I'm interested in how it can be made easier by having certain facilities at clubs.

Cheers.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

whiteycj1 wrote:Thanks everyone. Dan-Cat, I'll check out the channel for that club near Chicago.

BADSNOOKERPLAYER, what club is it that allows you to pay for the footage?

Totally agree with the guy saying it's too much hassle for someone who just wants to go out and knock a few balls around. I'm interested in how it can be made easier by having certain facilities at clubs.

Cheers.

I'll have to check as I heard it from a member not the staff.

The club is O'Sullivan's in East Sussex

Postby rekoons

HappyCamper wrote:I'd have thought for most people it would just be a bit too much hassle to set up then go through and edit the footage afterwards. And they might not have the equipment.

Doing a quick google search I found this video of a guy doing a 147 in practice in under five minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOhGxjVhvz0
So some people do do it I guess.

The guy in the video is quite impressive! Especially the way he frees the final blue and pink from the brown!