Post a reply

Why is 160 not the highest possible break in snooker?

Postby Senoj99

Breaker miscues and rolls up touching BLUE ball and giving 5 point fault.

Opponent comes up, takes GREEN as free RED ball pots it for 1 point and rolls up the table to take BLACK as his nominated colour for 7 points (total of 13 points) being able to run into the pack of REDS freeing a red to commence and complete a 147, added to score so far, makes a total of 160?

Re: Why is 160 not the highest possible break in snooker?

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:I have a question around this subject which I've don't think has been answered previously. Would the maximum prize pay out if this happened? Technically it's better than a maximum.

To put it simply...

The maximum break prize is only given to a player if he makes a 147 or 155. If, for instance, a 147 is made but a 150 is also made, then the player who made the 147 gets the maximum break prize, the player who made 150 gets the high break prize.

If both a 147 and 155 are made, then the maximum break is paid to whoever made the 155.

Postby kolompar

Senoj99 wrote:You are right, of course, and I’m no officianado not an expert so I’m grateful for you straightforward and informative response. i’ve Just asked the Mrs to get me another Valium to calm me down. Here’s.

rofl
Why isn't 162 the highest break then? Fouling the black first.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I have a question around this subject which I've don't think has been answered previously. Would the maximum prize pay out if this happened? Technically it's better than a maximum.

To put it simply...

The maximum break prize is only given to a player if he makes a 147 or 155. If, for instance, a 147 is made but a 150 is also made, then the player who made the 147 gets the maximum break prize, the player who made 150 gets the high break prize.

If both a 147 and 155 are made, then the maximum break is paid to whoever made the 155.

Really? It’s not shared? But both have made maximums?