Post a reply

Re: 2017 Asian Snooker Championship

Postby kolompar

Excited to see the return of Lyu Haotian and also Marlon Manalo, the 2000 champion and 2001 World Games silver medallist. Switched to pool as that's more popular in the Philippines where he's from, I think it's the first time he's playing snooker again.

Postby Morinas77

Tirapongpaiboon had a bad loss in the Last 32, 2-4 to Bilal from 2-0 up. Missed a lot of balls and played horrible safety.

Semifinal later today:

Pankaj Advani (IND) - Mohammad Bilal (PAK)
Mohamed Shehab (UAE) or Patrick Ooi (MYS) - Lü Haotian (CHN)

Haotian now with a great chance to get back on tour.

Postby PoolBoy

Morinas77 wrote:Tirapongpaiboon had a bad loss in the Last 32, 2-4 to Bilal from 2-0 up. Missed a lot of balls and played horrible safety.

Semifinal later today:

Pankaj Advani (IND) - Mohammad Bilal (PAK)
Mohamed Shehab (UAE) or Patrick Ooi (MYS) - Lü Haotian (CHN)

Haotian now with a great chance to get back on tour.

I can't believe he's still only 19!

A Pankaj Advani v Lu Haotian Final....?

Would be great to see the Chinese player back on the Tour. Although, Pankaj Advani is also a terrific player, he sometimes doesn't 'commit' to playing in many events.

Whereas, a now more 'mature' (even at just 19) Lu Haotian, may decide to join-up with many of the young Chinese contingent who base themselves in the UK for much of the season.

Postby Tamctus

I'm pretty sure Advani will decline a tour card again so Lü should be guaranteed a return to tour regardless of the final result.

Postby Morinas77

Good 6-3 win for Haotian. He didn't enter q-school unlike last year, so hopefully he wants to play next season. Or maybe he was one of the two undisclosed Chinese nominations anyway, so didn't have to enter Q.

Anyone saw the blue to pink shot to go 5-3 up? :happy:

Postby mick745

I really hope he takes up his place.

Swelling the mass ranks of the talented Chinese teenagers on tour together with Yuan Sijun next season.

Postby kolompar

Lüey gets the tour card in style, not the Zhao Xintong way :D
Marlon Manalo's return wasn't that good, won 2 frames in 3 matches.