Post a reply

Re: 2017 EBSA European Snooker Championships

Postby PoolBoy

Interesting draw, indeed! All 8 players are now just 3 wins away from a 2-year Professional Tour card....

Potentially, a first ever Pro from Estonia, Poland or France?
(It's actually just by chance that the bottom-half is all-British, with the top-half all from mainland Europe).

Alexander Ursenbacher (aged 20) (Switzerland) v Brian Ochoiski (aged 18) (France)
Andres Petrov (aged 20) (Estonia) v Mateusz Baranowski (aged 19) (Poland)
Peter Devlin (aged 20) (England) v Jackson Page (aged 15) (Wales)
Tyler Rees (aged 18) (Wales) v Dylan Craig (aged 21) (Scotland)

Those Quarter-finals are coming-up later today, with the Semis and Final tomorrow….

Postby PoolBoy

Alexander Ursenbacher (aged 20) (Switzerland) 5-3 Brian Ochoiski (aged 18) (France)
Andres Petrov (aged 20) (Estonia) 5-3 Mateusz Baranowski (aged 19) (Poland)
Peter Devlin (aged 20) (England) 4-5 Jackson Page (aged 15) (Wales)
Tyler Rees (aged 18) (Wales) 5-4 Dylan Craig (aged 21) (Scotland)

Semi-finals:

Alexander Ursenbacher (aged 20) (Switzerland) v Andres Petrov (aged 20) (Estonia)
Jackson Page (aged 15) (Wales) v Tyler Rees (aged 18) (Wales)

Postby Vallomas

Congrats to Alexander Ursenbacher, I didn't realise that he is still 20 years old (I thought that he was 22 or 23).

Jackson Page will be soon in the tour, maybe it's better for him to wait a little and mature his game.

Postby PoolBoy

mick745 wrote:I believe it is all over for Jackson Page who loses 3-5 to Paul Farrell in L16. No tour card this year.

A good effort though, from young Jackson Page - I see that Irishman Farrell is (at 44 years old) almost three times his age. Probably experience told in the end.

He's now got the Crucible Qualifiers to look forward to - It'll all stand him in good stead for Q-School, which I'm sure he'll enter later this year.

Postby mick745

Latest QF scores. Tournament winner to get a tour card:

John Farrell 2-3 Andres Petrov

Andrew Pagett 3-4 Oliver Brown

Kacper Filipiak 3-4 Chris Totten

Adam Stefanow 2-4 Jamie Clarke

Postby kolompar

That's a surprising final, but good to see two young players there. Funnily they were in the same group in the group stages, Petrov won 4-3 there. Hope he can make it a double for mainland Europe :-D

Postby kolompar

Petrov was disappointing, poor shot selection and safety, had chances but couldn't take them. Was 3-3 after the first session, then Totten ran away with it winning 7-3. So after losing in the last 32 of the U21 to Amir Nardeia, 18-year-old Chris Totten goes on to win the men's championship :hatoff: