Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon 2012

Postby Witz78

they want to sort that main arena out

put proper "advert" / barriers / partitions up between the stage and stands so it looks like more professional and like a proper venue arena

Postby Roland

Ben Forety? Yeah he's always there!

Postby Monique

Ben Fortey is 16 actually despite his looks. And he's a member of the Academy and he's coached by Paul Mount. So no wonder he's always there.

Postby Witz78

when you say coached by Paul Mount what exactly do you mean?

aint that the blind leading the blind haha

Postby Cheesyman99

My first opponent Hammad Miah currently holds the highest break so far with a 128. 6 centuries today

Postby Roland

Cheesyman99 wrote:Ben plays on one of the circuits that I play on.
Defo one for the future, only 12 I think

I think he looks 12 but he's actually 15 or 16

What first caught my eye about him is the way he spots the blue - he can't reach so uses his cue and he's got the technique mastered!

Postby John From London Town

I enjoyed that game between Mark & the Wizard that was just on. Neither of them let thereselves down. Played very sportingly I thought too. Mark called a foul of himself, I noticed a couple of times when misses were called they both let it ride out of what I thought wasmutual respect after a couple of poinst were accumalated.
Good stuff lads, very enjoyable Snooker.

Postby Cheesyman99

Sonny wrote:
Cheesyman99 wrote:Ben plays on one of the circuits that I play on.
Defo one for the future, only 12 I think

I think he looks 12 but he's actually 15 or 16

What first caught my eye about him is the way he spots the blue - he can't reach so uses his cue and he's got the technique mastered!

Yeah just had a look and he turns my age next month :hmmm:

Had plenty of practice following my match ready for tomorrow, feeling pretty confident for once.
Problem against Hammad was it took me 4 frames to get used to the table, not ideal in a best of 7

Cheesyman99 wrote:Yeah just had a look and he turns my age next month :hmmm:

Had plenty of practice following my match ready for tomorrow, feeling pretty confident for once.
Problem against Hammad was it took me 4 frames to get used to the table, not ideal in a best of 7

Remember you're playing to win fella which means you can play safe as much for as long as you like as you like.
Give it all you got.

Postby Roland

How old are you Sam? And yes, that's what I found last year playing in the Pink Ribbon, it took me 2 matches best of 7 before I started getting a handle on the table. They are vicious when you're learning them, then you realise why the top players turn down shots you naturally take on in your club. When you stroke the ball and let the table do the work for you, that's when they come into their own. And apart from safety shots, don't put any side on the ball unless you have to!

Postby Cheesyman99

Sonny wrote:How old are you Sam? And yes, that's what I found last year playing in the Pink Ribbon, it took me 2 matches best of 7 before I started getting a handle on the table. They are vicious when you're learning them, then you realise why the top players turn down shots you naturally take on in your club. When you stroke the ball and let the table do the work for you, that's when they come into their own. And apart from safety shots, don't put any side on the ball unless you have to!

I'm 16 now

I was over hitting so many simple shots it was ridiculous, when you get the hang of it though it does feel nice.

And yeah John safety will be key against a player who will comfortably out breakbuild me. It was pretty decent in my 1st match, was able to keep a good player at bay.

Also, a win tomorrow would probably set me up against Nick Dyson. Now there's motivation for ya

Postby Roland

Go do the biz mate! Did Monique take your photo?

Just remember to stroke the ball and you'll be fine. Keep telling yourself "Stroke it" before each shot <ok>

Postby markj147

Thanks John. I'm here for the charity. Felt like I played ok in spells but generally playing dismal snooker. Interestingly I am developing a new hunger for playing so will get practicing for Easb masters tour next season.

Tables are lovely and Sonny is right just stroke the ball.

markj147 wrote:Thanks John. I'm here for the charity. Felt like I played ok in spells but generally playing dismal snooker. Interestingly I am developing a new hunger for playing so will get practicing for Easb masters tour next season.

Tables are lovely and Sonny is right just stroke the ball.

Sound Mark. You're certainly what I'd call a cueist. As for stroking the ball, what about that young Ben fella? He strokes them in @ 100mph. Pots them nice & crisp too. Kick on Mark.

Postby Cheesyman99

Unfortunately it wasn't to be, but I shouldn't be ashamed after losing 4-2 to a guy who's beaten a European Championship runner-up this season. Perspective.

First two frames I don't think I got more than 5 points, he just didn't give me a chance. Just didn't miss but at least I wasn't playing bad, if at all.
I just needed a frame to go a bit tighter and try and pot my way through him. The third frame did. It lasted forever, and I missed a few frame balls until finally taking it on the pink. From then on he wasn't really the same player, and really I should have taken the 4th. Missed too many easy balls and he took the frame on the ball.
5th was again tight, and then I had a bit of a bizarre moment. I needed brown, blue and pink to take the frame, but wasn't really thinking and was 'in the zone' to pot the balls. Potted them all but didn't get on the black, took ages thinking that was to win and when I missed to leave it on I though I'd loss, only for him to remind me I'd potted the brown during that break, something I'd completely forgot about!
Frame 6 he got in and make a couple of breaks, but I was left with a chance of clearing the awkward colours to take us into a decider. I potted up to a pink, and decided to take the penultimate ball down the rail thinking this could be the only chance I get. Wobbled it, he potted it, and unfortunately that was that.

Obviously disappointed as I fancied some more matches, but I was unlucky to get two of the best youngsters in the country. Great experience though, and I quite fancy going back for a PTC or two this year...

Postby Roland

Sounds like you gave a good account of yourself so well done for that. Amusing that you didn't realise you'd won the frame on the pink, best way to win because you don't have the pressure of knowing its game ball :redneck:

Postby Roland

Who is that? Just watched him on the live stream.

That near cushion looks warped!

Postby snooky147

YET AGAIN the WSA shoot themselves in the foot by insisting that the live streaming be switched off, claiming that it breaches players contracts. Sorry but they are bucking idiots.

Postby kenneth79

snooky147 wrote:YET AGAIN the WSA shoot themselves in the foot by insisting that the live streaming be switched off, claiming that it breaches players contracts. Sorry but they are little kittens playing idiots.

rofl You couldnt bucking make it up! :fart:
Surely blocking a charity pro-am isnt what they should be focusing on given all the cock-ups they perpetrate. :roll: .