Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon 2012

Postby Monique

SWSA will put the streaming back on later today, at 7 pm I understood, and run some exhibition matches with non pro On-Q players in support to the pink ribbon. I'll post more info as soon as I have more details from Janie.

Postby randam05

Updated draw available anywhere? What stage are they at now?

Postby markj147

John From London Town wrote:
markj147 wrote:Thanks John. I'm here for the charity. Felt like I played ok in spells but generally playing dismal snooker. Interestingly I am developing a new hunger for playing so will get practicing for Easb masters tour next season.

Tables are lovely and Sonny is right just stroke the ball.

Sound Mark. You're certainly what I'd call a cueist. As for stroking the ball, what about that young Ben fella? He strokes them in @ 100mph. Pots them nice & crisp too. Kick on Mark.

I didnt so much kick on as kick the bucket John, lol.

Played Jamie Clarke.....

Frame 1 - he had 78
Frame 2 - he had 57 (didnt bother with the black ROS stylee)
Frame 3 - I had 54 - Woohooo brought it back to 2-1

From then on no points scored from me.
Frame 4 I broke he had 66 then 68
Frame 5 he had 37 and 41

Then I find out I am playing him again.
Frame 1 I broke off he knocked in 61
The rest area blur. Came close in a couple of frames but he was too good and he ran out a 4-0 winner.

My safety was (modestly) f**cking awesome. He was in bits about it and has been bringing it up after the match, however I couldnt gain any advantage from it. He either smashed out of snookers and potted a ball then compiled match winning breaks or put me back in trouble.

No regrets. I loved watching him play and he is going to be a name I reckon. Beautiful cue action and I only wished he had a ton against me to round off a fantastic performance from him.

As for Ben. He is a star as well. Looks younger than he is. He plays some fantastic snooker and is always walking around with a smile on his face. I wish him well. He cannot get a better venue to practice at and he is now full time practising there as he has finished school.

Another name is Travis Furnish. He beat Sid Wilson, Sean O'Sullivan and looked so comfortable. Reminded me a bit of a right handed Mark J Williams when Mark was 14 (think Travis is 15 or 16) - cheeky sod and full of confidence. Renowned for smashing up snooker cues. I witnessed him destroy one last year when he lost in the European Junior Open. Think hes calmed down a bit but look at Moniques pictures and you can see a mischievous glint in his eye.

I am getting myself on the practice table and getting ready for next seasons EASB masters tour and next years Pink Ribbon. At last hunger for playing snooker. :)

Postby gallantrabbit

Great to see fellows like Mark encouraged out of retiremen by events such as the pink ribbon. You never lose the buzz for playing despite your battle scars. Would be there myself if I were a little closer geographically. Not that I was ever quarter the player that Mark, John from London etc were.
Terrific to see.

Postby randam05

Anyone alive on this website!?

Stuart Bingham wins 4-0 over Peter Lines in the final. 2 centuries in the final aswell as 2 centurys and a 90 in a 4-0 demolition over Allen in the semis. Obviously a deserved winner and shows his love for the game!

Good stuff Bingham.

Postby Monique

Congratulations to Stuart Bingham, Pink Ribbin Champion.

Well done Peter Lines also, played very well through the tournament and not much he could have done in the final. Stu was flying.

All pictures uploaded in the album soon.

And Dave Hendon is quick on the ball!
http://snookerscene.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... title.html

Postby Cheesyman99

Well done Stuart. Any tournament that I'm in is tough to win so big congrats to him. Good prep for Australia

Postby Casey

Looked like another excellent tournament - well done to all involved.

Postby Wildey

well Ronnie is partly to blame for this blackout of the pink ribbon making contractual agreements such a talking point over the last week that World Snooker rightly or wrongly had no alternative other than stick to contract rules.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:well Ronnie is partly to blame for this blackout of the pink ribbon making contractual agreements such a talking point over the last week that World Snooker rightly or wrongly had no alternative other than stick to contract rules.

That's absolutely not true.
1. Paul did nothing different to the other years and found himself in trouble because the contract has become even more constraining than it was before.
2. World Snooker having made their point about the necessity to get the event sanctioned before it happened, could have sanctioned it, and allowed it to go on as planned, with a commitment by Paul to do things by the book from there on, which Paul would have done. The reason behind the limitations seems to bee the contract with their own streaming broadcaster. But there was no event whatsoever going on when they decided to pull the plug, so no damage to the broadcaster's rights.
3 Mike Ganley was in SWA on day 1 of the event, and apparently said nothing. Why act last minute when things could maybe have been solved over the two amateurs day (yes, I know, it all was raised by a players phone call… )

Postby Alpha

Who in the World Snooker set up would force a charity event run by a man which has given them full use of his facility for their PTC's, to end their streaming? I find it hard to believe Hearn or Ferguson are that insensitive.

Postby Wildey

How come fromsport aren't being blackout because they actually steal stream from liveworldsnooker or Eurosport where as mount organisation actually stream their own events at their own costs.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:well Ronnie is partly to blame for this blackout of the pink ribbon making contractual agreements such a talking point over the last week that World Snooker rightly or wrongly had no alternative other than stick to contract rules.

That's absolutely not true.
1. Paul did nothing different to the other years and found himself in trouble because the contract has become even more constraining than it was before.
2. World Snooker having made their point about the necessity to get the event sanctioned before it happened, could have sanctioned it, and allowed it to go on as planned, with a commitment by Paul to do things by the book from there on, which Paul would have done. The reason behind the limitations seems to bee the contract with their own streaming broadcaster. But there was no event whatsoever going on when they decided to pull the plug, so no damage to the broadcaster's rights.
3 Mike Ganley was in SWA on day 1 of the event, and apparently said nothing. Why act last minute when things could maybe have been solved over the two amateurs day (yes, I know, it all was raised by a players phone call… )

MY DRINKING BUDDY GANLEY :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

was in the club on Saturday playing and Mags and Angles were praising the Pink Ribbon tho think due to the amount of events they decided to skip it.

Angles also debating whether the Wuxi and Australian qualifiers (and qualifiers in general) should be played back to back in blocks to save players going home only to have to return to Sheffield a few days later which i tend to agree with him on.