Post a reply

Re: SWSA 2012 Spring Snooker Festival

Postby GJ

PLtheRef wrote:The Islander as 1-2 down.

Ben Harrison next and if it reaches a decider, randam

poor jake :gag: :dizzy:

Postby GJ

latest tweet

Jake knocks in a storming long red!

3 mins ago

Postby GJ

all over west midlands win the title

hard luck jake <ok>

Postby Wildey

well played jakey.

did us all proud holding your own with ex main tour players and top Amataurs.

Postby randam05

I did well in the open winning first match 3-1 in main arena. Then 3-0 before loosing.

In the junior event I knocked out one of the favourites, jay bullen 2-1 by knocking in a lovely long pink then black to follow under pressure. But then lost 2-0, but i was knackered after 3 consecutive matches.

Didnt play very well for the team at all, only winning the one frame which was dissapointing, but theyre all nice people, was a pleasure to be on the team with them and got to enjoy some quality play. Thanks a lot to Roland for being a good captain and good fun to be with. Sorry I lost that decider! Thought i was cueing well after that long red!

All in all a good weekend. (Not to mention I got very drunk and kicked out of Weatherspoons before passing out in the hotel corridor and waking up still drunk with a match at 9.30. I apologise for that Roland!

Postby Skullman

Well done Randam and the rest of team SI. Shame you lost. Who knows, maybe you'll be on the main tour in a few years. ;-)
Last edited by Skullman on 12 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:Team Snooker Island has won 4 matches 4-1,4-1,4-1 and 3-2 so they in the semi Finals waiting on confirmation who they are playing in the Semi Final but order of play for the Island is

Oliver Brown
Kyren Wilson
Reanne Evans
Jake Frank
Ben Harrison.

and Team SI is represented in the Open Final where Kyren Wilson plays Ben Harrison for the Trophy

By the way, who won that?

Postby Roland

Great weekend, proud of the team, they all stuck together and played as a team, watching each other and they all played their part. I'm absolutely shattered so will leave it till tomorrow before I start some sort of write up. I'll be interviewing some of the team over the course of the next few days/weeks so keep an eye out.

One thing I'm going to hopefully get started on is uploading the Harrison v Evans video to youtube. A lot of you won't have seen much of them play, well this match has everything you need to see to gage what the players are about. I missed the first frame but I got the rest, and managed to squeeze in a quickfire 99 break from Kyren on the adjacent table during a safety exchange.

I was a big fan of Ben before the event as you all know, and he won the individual beating Kyren 3-0 in the final, but I am also now a huge fan of both Kyren and Reanne. Hopefully you'll see why when you watch the footage I took this morning.

As I've written that I may as well briefly sum up the final. I had a dilemma over the line up and after discussions with Reanne first, then Ben at McDonalds, then my team captain from York over the phone, I went with strength and to go all out. No disrespect to Jake obviously but we had a big 3, then Oliver who is capable of beating anyone if he gets a chance so it was hoped we would get 3 wins from those 4 players.

Kyren got us off to the best start, then Reanne had one of those frames where things didn't go her way and she didn't get a clear cut chance. Credit to her opponent but she did nothing wrong. Oli played ok but had a strong opponent and played a couple of inexperienced shots towards the end when maybe safety would be the best option (tough pots to tight middles taken on). Looking back I think if Oli and Reanne had played in each others spots, we would have won. Then Ben came on and blasted his opponent off the table, and in the last frame Jake was a little hero. He was up against a very strong player who pushed Kyren in the open semi-final, and Jake had him sweating and twitching with lots of good safety and tieing the balls up everywhere. In the end a couple of nudges didn't go his way and the West Midlands guy had a 30 odd break that proved crucial. Jake also had a very thin clip red to middle which he potted only to see the cueball go in off, it was very unlucky and proved the crucial shot.

All in all though, a great event. Now time to upload that match.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Great weekend, proud of the team, they all stuck together and played as a team, watching each other and they all played their part. I'm absolutely shattered so will leave it till tomorrow before I start some sort of write up. I'll be interviewing some of the team over the course of the next few days/weeks so keep an eye out.

One thing I'm going to hopefully get started on is uploading the Harrison v Evans video to youtube. A lot of you won't have seen much of them play, well this match has everything you need to see to gage what the players are about. I missed the first frame but I got the rest, and managed to squeeze in a quickfire 99 break from Kyren on the adjacent table during a safety exchange.

I was a big fan of Ben before the event as you all know, and he won the individual beating Kyren 3-0 in the final, but I am also now a huge fan of both Kyren and Reanne. Hopefully you'll see why when you watch the footage I took this morning.

As I've written that I may as well briefly sum up the final. I had a dilemma over the line up and after discussions with Reanne first, then Ben at McDonalds, then my team captain from York over the phone, I went with strength and to go all out. No disrespect to Jake obviously but we had a big 3, then Oliver who is capable of beating anyone if he gets a chance so it was hoped we would get 3 wins from those 4 players.

Kyren got us off to the best start, then Reanne had one of those frames where things didn't go her way and she didn't get a clear cut chance. Credit to her opponent but she did nothing wrong. Oli played ok but had a strong opponent and played a couple of inexperienced shots towards the end when maybe safety would be the best option (tough pots to tight middles taken on). Then Ben came on and blasted his opponent off the table, and in the last frame Jake was a little hero. He was up against a very strong player who pushed Kyren in the open semi-final, and Jake had him sweating and twitching with lots of good safety and tieing the balls up everywhere. In the end a couple of nudges didn't go his way and the West Midlands guy had a 30 odd break that proved crucial. Jake also had a very thin clip red to middle which he potted only to see the cueball go in off, it was very unlucky and proved the crucial shot.

All in all though, a great event. Now time to upload that match.

:hatoff: Hope to see it. Any idea if Reanne is going to try to get on the pro tour again? From what you're saying I'm guessing that other season was just due to her not being used to conditions on the main tour, and it's not that she wasn't good enough.

Postby Roland

She is plenty good enough, believe me. In fact, I would describe her snooker as awesome.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:She is plenty good enough, believe me. In fact, I would describe her snooker as awesome.

Good to know. Any idea then?

Postby Roland

Cheers John. I was recycling bricks during the final, think next time I'll need someone with me!

Postby Roland

I should go to bed but I want to watch the footage I took before I upload it. All good so far, you lot are in for a treat.

Postby Roland

John change your twitter password immediately.

The videos are taking a while to upload, there are 5 parts, one of them is 30 minutes long, the others about 10 minutes. The first one is 60% complete and I started over an hour ago. I'm watching, then queuing. I remember missing most of Ben's break in frame 4 which is the one he wanted to know if I'd captured. Typical! Anyway, it's worth the wait, the quality is great considering it's from a mobile phone and you can watch in HD and full screen and you can actually soak up the atmosphere of what it's really like in that place. And the snooker is top drawer!

Postby Roland

Speaking of twitter passwords, Ben got his hacked into a few weeks back. I changed it for him, his original password was snooker147 <doh>

Postby Roland

Part 1 of 5 ready in 40 minutes. I'll post a link here but create a topic when they're all done.

Postby Roland

Part 1. Watch full screen in HD. If that means having to wait for it to download first to avoid buffering, go make a cup of tea and come back. Parts 2-5 only get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJRoqwzLOE

(if I embed in the forum it can't be viewed in HD for some reason)

Postby Monique

Well done to all members of SI Team. Great job! And I gather SWSA was awesome as usual.
Who won the individual final? Kyren or Ben? (somehow I missed the info)
And good luck to all the SI team members who will compete in the Q-School. There's quality.

Special :clap: to Jake. Held himself really, really well, especially having to compete in the final's decider.

Postby Wildey

John From London Town wrote:Well done SI. Running teams in these type of comps takes a lot of organising & a clear head.
Well done Roland, fine job done mate.

fine job indeed and also Team SI Dominating the open championship with Ben Harrison Winning 3-0 over kyren Wilson.

i do think he gambled with order of play for the final i think Kyren Wilson's experiance might have been better served playing the decider he has won so many deciders and jake being inexperianced at that level of competition was a huge gamble had it been 2-2..but overall things could hardly have gone better really.

proud of jake aswell the decider was not a walkover he did his bit and it was a close frame :hatoff: to you all

Postby sundaygirl

Congratulations to all involved :-D
Just watched part 0ne of the video <ok> but the caveat "Best viewed full screen in HD" made me chuckle and my netbook feel inadequate :roll:

Postby Roland

You can say that about the order Wild but if I was starting again the only thing I would change would be to swap Ben and Reanne. To leave Kyren till last man and risk losing 3-1 and not playing him would've been stupid. Plus the guy he beat was their best player I was told.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You can say that about the order Wild but if I was starting again the only thing I would change would be to swap Ben and Reanne. To leave Kyren till last man and risk losing 3-1 and not playing him would've been stupid. Plus the guy he beat was their best player I was told.

you admitted it was a gamble.....

i was laughing on twitter when i critisised the team order and GJ Agree.

on my part it was a bit of banter you could have easily won the decider from what i can gather it was hardly one sided Randam did everyone proud.

hes disapointed but hes no need to be...