Post a reply

United States Snooker Association Tour 2011-2012

Postby roy142857

Very hit-and-miss on whether they update details of events of the Aramith Billiard Balls United States Snooker Association Tour, so event 1 played in the Autumn in Houston still not updated beyond the winner, but they have posted a report about event 7 (of 13), which was played in Houston last week. Even then, only details of the finalists ...

Some of the events (including this one) are played using double-elimination - frankly, I'm not sure how this works, but the 'winners bracket' was won by Event 1 winner Muzlim Sarfaraz, who then played the losers bracket winner Aurangzeb Mahmud in the final. As the finalist from the losers bracket, Mahmud needed to beat Sarfaraz twice in best of 5 frame matches, which he successfully did to win the tournament.

The next event is in Brooklyn, New York on 18th / 19th February.

Re: United States Snooker Association Tour 2011-2012

Postby roy142857

Irish ex-pat Paul Carbin took Round 8 of the USSA Tour at the Prince Snooker Club, Brooklyn at the weekend.

:win:

Raymond Fung 3 - 1 Juno Chen
Paul Carbin 3 - 0 Ching Keng Sim
Yan Y Zhen 3 - 0 Leo Li
Tim Lee beat someone !

Raymond Fung 1 - 4 Paul Carbin
Yan Y Zhen 4 - 1 Tim Lee

Paul Carbin 4 - 0 Yan Y Zhen

Event 9 will be at the Ace Snooker Club in San Mateo, California on 10th / 11th March

Postby roy142857

Detail of the knock out stages of Event 9 at ACE Snooker Club, San Mateo, California:

Ajeya Prabhakar 3 - 0 Eric Ng
Prabhakar is President of the United States Snooker Association, Ng is co-owner of ACE Snooker!
Zhi Ming 3 - 0 Jeff Szafransky
Graham Perry (England) 3 - 1 Lai Ho Ng
Chris Zhou 3 - 0 Andrew Lam

Ajeya Prabhakar 3 - 0 Zhi Ming
Graham Perry (England) 3 - 1 Chris Zhou

Ajeya Prabhakar 4 - 1 Graham Perry (England)

Postby roy142857

Very brief details from Event 10 from last week, Tour debutant Romil Azemat defeated Piya Potanan 4-3 in the final of the season's second visit to the 4 Kaz Snooker Club in Las Vegas. Both players were former runners-up to the US National title, Potanan in 1996 and Azemat in 2006.

Postby roy142857

Results of event 11 from the Top 147 Club in Brooklyn, New York

Quarter finals (well, 2 of them!)
Raymond Fung 3 - 0 Kevin Wong
Nelson Chen 3 - 0 Tom Cen

Semi finals
Raymond Fung 3 - 1 Raimond Cheung
Nelson Chen 3 - 1 Henry Wong

Final
Raymond Fung 4 - 0 Nelson Chen

Well done Raymond Fung on his fourth win of the season

:party:

Event 12 will be at Carom Cafe, Flushing, New York on April 21st and 22nd.

Postby roy142857

Results of the last two 'tour' events of the season ...

Event 12 at Carom Cafe Billiards in Flushing, New York was played in a different format from normal, as each player played best of 3 matches against each other. The event was won by Varun Juneja who didn't drop a single frame in his matches.

Event 13 took place last weekend at Shoreline Billiards in Mountain View, California. The event was played in two groups, followed by semi finals with group winners facing group runners-up.

Sargon Isaac 3 - 0 Graham Perry (England)
Ajeya Prabhakar 3 - 0 Romil Azemat

Sargon Isaac 4 - 1 Ajeya Prabhakar

Isaac is now a US Citizen (but formerly from Nottingham - he's represented England at the Universities Home Nations Championship), so along with Azemat and Prabhakar will be competing at the US Championship in San Gabriel, California on May 25th - 27th.

Postby angelicalee8

roy142857 wrote:Event 9 was won this weekend by Ajeya Prabhakar, but no other detail so far.

Youtube video below of the final frame from Event 8 - Paul Carbin's first shot was a bit of a wild attempt at a plant (I think that's what he was doing!) which led to a fluke, but nice break from there on in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzErvsBx0rA

Thanks a lot for posting this video. i watched the whole thing, and it was a very entertaining game to watch. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos lately in order to learn some more skill, and this one was very helpful for my development. I also recently found a great vegas hotel deal for Weddings Las Vegas, so hopefully I can get a bit of practice while I am out there. :)