Post a reply

Re: Austrian Open 2012 - Trump, Higgins, Williams et al

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:
Skullman wrote:Someone's in good form. Shame he didn't have any in the main tour rankers.

Someone has no pressure.
It's a myth that MJW or anyone is immune to it.

It's just a shame to see that MJW is playing so well, but the pressure's too much for him now in the main tour. Amazing how someone who's won 18 rankers, 4 of them majors, is struggling so much. And it's not a decline in his game.

Re: Austrian Open 2012 - Trump, Higgins, Williams Live Strea

Postby Casey

I find it hard to understand some of the players going to this? Especially as some of them didn't go to all the foreign PTC's which offered greater rewards.

Anyway, I'm sure the tournament organisers are pleased.

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:I find it hard to understand some of the players going to this? Especially as some of them didn't go to all the foreign PTC's which offered greater rewards.

Anyway, I'm sure the tournament organisers are pleased.

Those events are nowhere near as stressful and hectic as the PTCs are. There is not much at stake. Players are usually fairly relaxed and enjoying themselves in those pro-ams. And some top players might (I write might because I don't know if it's the case here) have been offered appearance money.

If you ever go to a PTC and actually attend the whole event, you will see how grueling they are.

Postby Wildey

Monique for christ sakes

Flights = cheaper when less stressfull

Hotel Rooms = Cheaper when less stressfull

playing for a first prize of less than £5,000 yes right i can just see apearance money reaching just about PTC.

This is a proffesional sport stress is the name of the game if you dont like that then retire its not Barry Hearns Holiday Camp.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:Monique for christ sakes

Flights = cheaper when less stressfull

Hotel Rooms = Cheaper when less stressfull

playing for a first prize of less than £5,000 yes right i can just see apearance money reaching just about PTC.

This is a proffesional sport stress is the name of the game if you dont like that then retire its not Barry Hearns Holiday Camp.

Stress might be the name of the game in competition, but this is exhibition, so not "professional sport' and my point is precisely that it isn't the same thing. OK? This was nothing else that an explanation about some players choices.
Is it so hard to understand that it's a completely different thing and that they might enjoy one more than the other?
Barry Hearn has nothing to do with this event.
Last edited by Monique on 20 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

why dont we have a tour of events held in China where theres no prize money on offer, but theres no ranking points either so the players have no stress so they can relax and have fun even though they wont win any money.

the players entering this tinpot event are hypocrites if they complain about PTCs

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:why dont we have a tour of events held in China where theres no prize money on offer, but theres no ranking points either so the players have no stress so they can relax and have fun even though they wont win any money.

the players entering this tinpot event are hypocrites if they complain about PTCs

Do not want to hear no mention of Cash,Traveling or time with family next season from anyone and i do mean anyone on Twitter or in general if they in Austria or not or believe me ill go bucking ballistic with the bucking lot of them.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:And which of them did?

dont care who they are if these players can go anyone can im sick to buck of moaning players get on with it or buck off to do something else.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:And which of them did?

dont care who they are if these players can go anyone can im sick to buck of moaning players get on with it or buck off to do something else.

Wild I don't understand your reasoning.
Except for Higgins, who said that he will skip both Wuxi and Australia, the other players who are there are players who usually go to everything, even if you can question how much dedication MJW did put in the PTCs. So where is the problem?
The players who want time for themselves are not there and those who are there are not doing this instead of something else possibly more important.

Has it occurred to you that some players prefer to play in pro-ams, and be paid, even if it's not much, rather than practice on their own?
It's a matter of preference and I honestly can't see what's wrong with it.

Postby snooky147

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:why dont we have a tour of events held in China where theres no prize money on offer, but theres no ranking points either so the players have no stress so they can relax and have fun even though they wont win any money.

Do not want to hear no mention of Cash,Traveling or time with family next season from anyone and i do mean anyone on Twitter or in general if they in Austria or not or believe me ill go bucking ballistic with the bucking lot of them.

Well you'll have to go ballistic with me then, because I will bring any ANY TOPIC I see fit on those subject. I will not be told what to post on a fear that you might lose the damn rag.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:why dont we just get a secret page on here where you enter at your own risk?

basically a place where anyone can go and say anything they want and tourist off anyone or call anyone this, that or the other?

ive got a better idea.

let people stop talking utter rubbish on here so to stop snake hissing me off.

Postby Muppet147

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:why dont we just get a secret page on here where you enter at your own risk?

basically a place where anyone can go and say anything they want and tourist off anyone or call anyone this, that or the other?

ive got a better idea.

It's always about you, isn't it?

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

ive got a better idea.

It's always about you, isn't it?

yup it is the sooner people get that the better <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

ive got a better idea.

if you get snake hissed off with people talking utter rubbish then why do you do it yourself all the time?

it must be a form of self-harming :pal:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Let the players enter whatever tournaments they want to enter. I just don't get this constant criticism of players for turning up to this event or for not turning up to that event. There a 128 professionals from next season so it's not like there will be a shortage of players willing to fill all the spaces in every tournament.

thats not the point yes enter or dont up to them but dont start complaining if theres tournaments to play in some might like a lot of tournament others dont so just dont enter them quietly without complaining.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Well, it's easy for you to sit there and say "enter or don't enter, it's up to you", but what happens when they are blackmailed into having to compete by a stagnant ranking system that overly rewards mickey mouse tournaments? Or when they have Barry Hearn whinging in their earholes everytime they don't want to play in a tournement?

you said it but what happens when they are blackmailed into having to compete by a stagnant ranking system that overly rewards mickey mouse tournaments? so why are some in Austria when Monique quite rightly pointed out this had nothing to do with Barry Hearn so who Blackmailed them this week playing for peanuts ???

Postby Alpha

Jewell wrote:Well, it's easy for you to sit there and say "enter or don't enter, it's up to you", but what happens when they are blackmailed into having to compete by a stagnant ranking system that overly rewards mickey mouse tournaments? Or when they have Barry Hearn whinging in their earholes everytime they don't want to play in a tournement?

That's fine in the case of the pointless Brazil and meaningless Sheffield PTC events. That doesn't explain why players moan about the schedule and lack of family time and then when they do get some family time, they run off to play in real mickey mouse events like these.

Postby Monique

Alpha wrote:

That's fine in the case of the pointless Brazil and meaningless Sheffield PTC events. That doesn't explain why players moan about the schedule and lack of family time and then when they do get some family time, they run off to play in real mickey mouse events like these.

They don't. Those players who were in Austria have always played in similar events and are not the ones "moaning" (*) about lack of family time. The only exception being John Higgins to an extend. He said that he won't be in Wuxi nor Australia, because he wants to devote the summer break to his family. But as I explained previously, his kids are currently at school, so he can't take hols with them right now anyway. There isn't an actual contradiction in his attitude.

I put "moaning" under quotes because to me most of their complaints are perfectly justified. To Hearn's own admission the ranking system is a blackmail one that forces players to play into all events knowing full well that they will most probably make a loss in many of them. Players are self-employed and no self-employed person in their right mind would do such a thing unless they are forced into it. When you are self-employed and sane you look at opportunities - and Hearn is giving opportunities all right - and you will take the job if you can reasonably expect to make a profit. That's where the current system isn't right. and no rant, insults or whatever will make me change my opinion that is very simply based on common sense and the knowledge that none of the ones who "rant" would be happy to be put in such a situation. Once again, I'm not asking for players to earn fortunes, or to be paid if they don't win. But if they win, they should be paid an amount decent enough to cover reasonable expenses. In most EPTCs you have to reach the last 16 to do that, the quarters sometimes. In some ranking events lower ranked players have to win 2 or 3 matches before getting anything. And Australia, with a very expensive travel, extremely high taxes and poor prize money is a complete joke. That's simply not right.

Postby Wildey

buck me monique his kids was not in bucking school saturday or sunday family time also means weekend and instead of home playing happy families as you seem to think players should do instead they were away playing for peanuts in austria.

you really cant have it both ways so you suport playing in events that mean rubbish for peanuts as long as Barry Hearn has nothing to do with it.

Postby roy142857

ANYBODY ACTUALLY WANT TO HEAR THE RESULT ????

Mark Williams 6 - 5 Matthew Couch

re above comments, just one from me, and that's that this tournament has a bit of 'end of season party' feel about it, what with the players party, the music concert etc so I suspect a lot more fun to be at than a PTC