Post a reply

Re: Jakes progress.

Postby jadechelsea

So far in the silver waistcoat jake has played four matches and won them all 2-0 and has had breaks off 60, 54 , and a few more in the 30s and in one of the matches the ref asked him is he judd trump in disguise so he is in to the quarter finals. COME ON JAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby randam05

THANKS JADE! Won my quarter 2-1 from 1-0 down to make the semis where I went 1-0 up but lost 2-1 to Michael Rodgers, Same as last week in EASB junior event but this time in the silver waistcoat. Nevermind next time eh!

Postby randam05

Playing really nice now. Knocked in 61 and a couple of 30s in my singles matches tonight to win 2-0. Should have been a century just came awkward on one ball.

Itll come!

Making regular 50s and 60s now in league and tournaments which is good.

Handicap tournament in Plymouth as part of the gold waistcoat on sunday.

Postby randam05

Whos a little century maker. 114 against my dad, only at home in a friendly but still good.

And a 78 in match tonight.

Postby randam05

Little break of 130 odd when came home earlier.

Dont know how I kept it going at the end there!

Postby randam05

Won my semi final local scratch cup the other day. So in the final of scratch, quarters of handicap and semis of the doubles.

Postby The Cueist

randam05 wrote:Won my semi final local scratch cup the other day. So in the final of scratch, quarters of handicap and semis of the doubles.

Well done mate,Good to hear you are doing well. pmsl <ok>

Postby Roland

Century break? Nice one! Guess that means in team SI I'm the only one who's not made one yet. Playing well at the moment though, looking forward to next game.

Postby randam05

Well that one above was only in practice. But I did make 114 against my dad at home.

Postby randam05

Knocked in lovely long black to level scores in league match. He won the toss to put me in first on the respot, so I went for the long double. I got the long double.

Postby The Cueist

randam05 wrote:Knocked in lovely long black to level scores in league match. He won the toss to put me in first on the respot, so I went for the long double. I got the long double.

Well done son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :happy:

Postby randam05

Lost 3, Won 4 matches today in the Gold waistcoat. Very high standard as usual with top break of 133 clearance from ex pro Andy Neck.

Good day again and I beat an ex pro myself, Jason Whittaker, 2-1 from 1-0 down playing the best i have in tournament yet.

Postby jadechelsea

Jake was in the silver waistcoat today in the group stages he won 2-0 , 2-1 2-0 and 2-0 :-D so he got to the 2nd round then he went 1-0 up but sadly lost 2-1 jake will tell you more about it later :-)

Postby Roland

All good news for team Snooker Island next weekend :D

Postby randam05

Won my handicap semi playing some nice snooker 2-0

In the final of the scratch cup, handicap cup, and doubles cup of my local league now. And my team are currently second. May also have player of the season. Could have a few trophies come presentation evening!

Postby Roland

I bet you're playing better now than a week ago

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:I bet you're playing better now than a week ago

Yeah the experience helps so much its unreal.

Things just seem easier now and im much more free and relaxed playing these smaller events.

Im playing in the Bideford team tonight in the Bilby Cup. A cup where every town and city in devon produces one or two teams with some real quality players and battle it out to win the big trophy. Last time our smallish town of Bideford won was in 1991 and we reached the final last in 2001. Tonight is the final which we have reached and have the joys of playing Exeter A team!

Should be a great match, will update you tomorrow.

Postby Roland

Good luck!

Postby randam05

That was superb!

Sam Baird was there, plenty of ex pros, and atleast an intense crowd of 50 right on top of you. And Bideford won 4-2! An unbelievable win against Exeters A team. We went 1-0 down, then won the next on the black. Then I was on and knocked in an excellent 41 before he replied with 40, then a battle on the last reds before he missed the brown and i knocked a lovely long brown, blue and pink in to go 2-1 up. I was getting compliments all night was lovely.

Then we went 3-1 up, before being pegged back to 3-2. Then our most experienced playing come on and knocked in a fantastic yellow and green to take the match! Bideford, one of the smallest towns in the Bilby Cup win it again for the first time since 1991, great night and wonderful experience. Glad i played my part, apparentley the best frame of the night against an ex proffessional.

Postby Roland

Well done lad :D

Postby Skullman

:hatoff: Jake. Will we be seeing you at the Crucible in a few years time? ;-)

Postby Skullman

simplysnooker wrote:Yes you will, we are planning on going up for a few days in a few years time ;)

Which year? I better buy the tickets in advance.

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote::hatoff: Jake. Will we be seeing you at the Crucible in a few years time? ;-)

Haha no chance! Spectating yes, playing no.

Just a huge hobby of mine, love the game, watching and playing. My life evolves around this wonderful game!

Postby Roland

See if you can get team Snooker Island a mention :santa:

Postby randam05

Local handicup money tournament today. Starts at 11, can hopefully atleast reach the final.

Looking forward to this! Problem with handicaps is its meant to make everyone even, so high possibility could lose opening match!

First time theres been a local one in years.

Postby randam05

Bit dissapointed to only win two matches and lose 2-1 in the quarter. But when you come up against a bandit who has a 50 start on you and knocks in a 46 in one of the frames, what can you do eh?