Post a reply

Re: EBSA Championships 2011 is LIVE

Postby roy142857

Sonny wrote:High break in practice 74 and then makes a 147? Haha, not likely!

No ... definitely someone was playing with the scoreboard, as the match has just started ....

haven't been so embarrassed since I fell over Harold Wilson's dog's lead :blush:

Re: Puodziunas 147

Postby Witz78

roy142857 wrote:Also, interesting to note Einsle and Münstermann are both losing 2-0 at the moment - perhaps early matches don't suit them?

Hmm and to think, that Smart always used to say that Munstermann rose to the occasion early in the morning :limp:

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:haven't been so embarrassed since I fell over Harold Wilson's dog's lead :blush:

:? :? :chin: rofl

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
roy142857 wrote:haven't been so embarrassed since I fell over Harold Wilson's dog's lead :blush:

Two events followed a few months later ....

My parents had my eyes tested (worn glasses ever since!).

Wilson resigned as Prime Minister.

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:
Wild wrote:

holly rubbish your clumsiness brought down the government <laugh>

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
roy142857 wrote:
Wild wrote:

holly donkey doo your clumsiness brought down the government <laugh>

It was a Scilly thing to do ...

Postby roy142857

roy142857 wrote:
Also, interesting to note Einsle and Münstermann are both losing 2-0 at the moment - perhaps early matches don't suit them?

:? so someone was definitely having a bit of a play with the scoring system this morning, Münstermann now shown as 1-1 and Einsle JUST lost a frame to go 1-2 down in the same matches they were earlier shown as down 0-2

(should I be cross or amused, and does anyone at the tournament know someone was playing around with live scoring?)

Postby roy142857

4-0 wins for Rune Kampe, Daniel Wells and Rene van Rijsbergen to seal their places in the knock out stages.

Also 4-0 wins for Alex Borg, Simon Zammit, Martin McCrudden and Marcin Nitschke.

Now watching the Gorecki / Maas match, which is (predictably perhaps) close (2-2) and rather scrappy.

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:the knockouts starts tomorrow

I was wondering about that - will they schedule the knockout matches so the players who still have final group games to play aren't disadvantaged? Can't imagine playing a 10 am (8 our time) game will help anyone if they have knock-out games later in the day.

Postby roy142857

Monique wrote:I think Janie said there was no play this morning - not entirely sure tho. So maybe they are doing some tests?

Just checked - the EBSA AGM was due to be held over Sunday and Monday morning, so I guess so you're right.

re my last post, it would have been better to have had the AGM tomorrow and played those matches this morning - perhaps it's a timing issue for those just coming for the AGM, but does seem strange playing final group games at the start of the first 'knockout' day.

Postby Wildey

Group A is completed

Players that Qualifies in to the Last 32 are
Patrick Einsle
Marcin Nitschke
Simon Zammit
Shay Arama

Postby Wildey

Group B

Alex Borg
Martin McCrudden
Maurice Le Duc
Paul Schopf

Group C

Vincent Muldoon
Adam Duffy
Yvan Van Velthoven
Krzysztof Wróbel

Group D

Lee Walker
Robert Murphy
Scott Donaldson
Sergiy Isayenko

Group E

Michael Leslie
Kristján Helgason
Roey Fernandez
Andreas Ploner

Group F

Kevin Van Hove
Roy Stolk
Michał Zieliński
Mor Mezrhei /Ivailo Pekov

Postby Witz78

Munstermann didnt even make it thru his group? :limp:

Should Irish and British players even be allowed in this event though i ask myself John..........

Postby roy142857

These two groups finishing this morning, order of those going through now set as :

Group G

Bobby Cruickshanks
Lasse Münstermann
Anthony Brabin
Joris Maas

Group H

Martin O’Donnell
Daniel Wells
Rune Kampe
Rene van Rijsbergen

Ivailo Pekov still playing his Group F match, if he loses Mor Mezrhei through instead as the last person from Group F.

Postby Roland

Lasse Munsterman has a higher tournament break than he's had in practice?

Postby Wildey

Rune Kampe is playing Lasse munsterman in the last 32 you could say Kampe vs camp :limp: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Last 16 Draw

Martin O'Donnell v Roey Fernandez
Scott Donaldson v Patrick Einsle
Bobby Cruickshanks v Michał Zieliński
Robert Murphy v Vincent Muldoon
Alex Borg v Daniel Wells
Adam Duffy v Michael Leslie
Lee Walker v Lasse Münstermann
Marcin Nitschke v Kevin Van Hove

Postby weewelshwitch

EBSA AGM was on Monday, brought forward to the group stages so more people could attend, as many fly home at the end of the groups.
And it was a good plan as there were 30+ countries in attendance. A very good meeting incidentally - I stayed awake the whole way through!

Notes: Michael Leslie came from 3-1 down to beat Kristjan Helgason in their group match.
Today Michal Zielinski dished with a 57 to knock Helgason out in the Last 32.
Roey Fernandez (not to be confused with Leo Fernandez as some did on Facebook) came from 2-0 down to beat last year's finalist Roy Stolk.
2007 champion Kevin Van Hove has just scraped through 4-3 against the much improved Andreas Ploner.
the Austrian lads are being coached by Chris Henry and it's showing in their good play and results.
Anthony Brabin has played shot of the championship tonight with an unbelievable red against Daniel Wells. White about 2 inches off baulk cushion, red around the blue spot area, slammed in 500 miles an hour to top pocket and screwed back to baulk cushion... collective ooh around the audience.

We've set up a new NEWS page on the previously sadly neglected EBSA website so there's a few articles there
You can also now follow @ebsasnooker on Twitter - forgive my tweets when I forget which account I'm tweeting on!

Dariusz system continues to improve and evolve. This week he's added mug shots of the referees to the page for each match.
If you go to the index you get all the groups and then click on the group name for all the results and frame scores. Separate break boards for each section too and click on a players name for a mini bio.

From the tv tables point of view, the schedule was done ages ago so it's more or less random who you might see, although they would have tried to target the potentially top matches from the groups in advance. Once we got to the knock out stage then the tables will be selected round by round, but also influenced by who has played on which table in a previous match.

For those who don't know and haven't seen the international players, don't knock 'em until you've seen them. The development across many Euro countries is now ahead of most countries except China and, maybe Thailand.
Poland is definitely the country to watch at the moment. Michal Zielinski is still only 19 and he made a superb 139, his highest tournament break, earlier this week.
Of course they all have to bow down to the 'old boys' as Darren Morgan made 142 in the Masters and that's despite being really ill all week. He's had a very bad stomach upset and even tonight is still declining to go out and eat a meal, although he is a lot better than the past few days.
It's pretty busy here for me as the intrepid media officer and I do have to keep up with SWSA work too but I'll try and post now and then as the knock outs progress with some tid bits of news and juicy gossip!!
Watch out for photo galleries on my facebook page and pics on the EBSA group on facebook too. I had a bash at building a gallery on the new EBSA wordpress news pages but have to admit it wasn't an unqualified success!

There is tons of news on the event going out in many languages across all the countries through websites, blogs, twitter etc - do some googling for some interesting results. Especially stuff from Vladimir Sinicin, the Russia Eurosport commentator. see this at www.top-snooker.com.

Ciao peeeps - it's two hours later here!!

Postby Wildey

forgive my tweets when I forget which account I'm tweeting on!

<laugh>