Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Wildey

http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com/ ... _Qual.html

Scores

Craig Barber 4-0 James Popplewell
Andy Milliard 2-4 Ross Muir
John Hartley 2-4 Paul Mount
Mark Vincent v Ryan Clark
James Loft 2-4 Shane Castle
Roland Cox 0-4 Nick Pearce
Sanderson Lam 2-4 Eden Sharav
Oliver Brown 0-4 Kishan Hirani
Tokki Yamaguchi 0-4 Robert Valiant
Lewis Calcutt 4-0 Marianne Williams
Liam Saunders 0-4 Allan Taylor
Ryan Causton 4-0 Hannah Jones
Daniel Kandi 1-4 Stephen Ellis

Sonny out of interest how many points have you scored in 8 frames

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com/tournaments/11-Pink/11-Pink-Res_Qual.html

Scores

Craig Barber 4-0 James Popplewell
Andy Milliard 2-4 Ross Muir
John Hartley 2-4 Paul Mount
Mark Vincent v Ryan Clark
James Loft 2-4 Shane Castle
Roland Cox 0-4 Nick Pearce
Sanderson Lam 2-4 Eden Sharav
Oliver Brown 0-4 Kishan Hirani
Tokki Yamaguchi 0-4 Robert Valiant
Lewis Calcutt 4-0 Marianne Williams
Liam Saunders 0-4 Allan Taylor
Ryan Causton 4-0 Hannah Jones
Daniel Kandi 1-4 Stephen Ellis

Sonny out of interest how many points have you scored in 8 frames

Apparantly he has scored the same number of points as this lot :john:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:Who won between Sonny and Alex?

Lol it hasn't started yet!
Sonny just finished his previous match. Lost 3-4 ...

well im sure Sonny pleased with that Buller has played in the PTC.

Postby Monique

and more pictures added. Some of the Snooker Island grudge challenge between Sonny and Alex ... match still under way.
If you wonder why they are not very sharp, here is why: they play in the practice room where there is no seats for audience and no room to move around. So I took them through a narrow window with one of those thick glasses with that kind of light wire mesh to reinforce them... not ideal.

When Kristof is not reffing, he's studying for his exams...

Postby markj147

Monique wrote:and some more

This is Syd Wilson. Impressed me.

That is Hannah in the background getting taught a serious lesson from Syd. I must say it is the first time I have seen him and he impressed me.

She only had 3 shots in the first couple of frames. She was close enough to only need 1 snooker on the brown in the last but that is as close as she has gotten in the 3 matches that she has played. Mind you if I had to choose a draw for her she wouldnt have had any of the players that she drew in the tournament but she is learning quickly what she needs to do in the next 24 months to even begin to compete against these players. Great comments about her though from her opponents and other people when they have seen her knock the odd 20+ break in. Food for thought and some food now. Next and last match tomorrow against another great amateur player, then its watching matches for the rest of the day. :)

Postby Wildey

markj147 wrote: Mind you if I had to choose a draw for her she wouldnt have had any of the players that she drew in the tournament.

but she will learn more from heavy defeats than she would have playing weak players shes only 14 don't be hard on her lol ;-)

Postby markj147

Wild wrote:
markj147 wrote: Mind you if I had to choose a draw for her she wouldnt have had any of the players that she drew in the tournament.

but she will learn more from heavy defeats than she would have playing weak players shes only 14 don't be hard on her lol ;-)

I'm not Wild. In fact I have been very positive (slowly learning). Proud of her in fact and she is relishing the games and in every frame of every game there are lots of postitives to take away.

She is very keen to play here in the summer and she will be playing Leo Fernandez, Mitchell Mann and staying for a few days with Reanne. Good grounding. :)

Postby Wildey

markj147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

I'm not Wild. In fact I have been very positive (slowly learning). Proud of her in fact and she is relishing the games and in every frame of every game there are lots of postitives to take away.

She is very keen to play here in the summer and she will be playing Leo Fernandez, Mitchell Mann and staying for a few days with Reanne. Good grounding. :)

Mate your proudness comes through loud and clear i was messing <ok>

Postby markj147

Wild wrote:
markj147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Mate your proudness comes through loud and clear i was messing <ok>

Can't help myself.... ;) :D

Postby Alex0paul

Absolutely shattered. Just got back. It took me five snake hissing hours to get to the venue from Bristol. I didn't play great against Sonny but to be fair to him he froze me out in the first two frames putting pressure on any half chance I got. I didn't score heavily enough all day which isn't good enough at this level.

My second match was a nightmare as I came straight onto it from the first match as we were running behind schedule. I somehow fluked an 18 break with literally every pot being a fluke but I was so tired that I could barely stand. He played solidly, making 30+ breaks in every frame.

My last match was a great match though. It was played in good spirit with plenty of jokes being cracked throughout. I went 3-0 down put probably deserved a better scoreline. Won the next two frames on the pink but he just froze me out in the final frame with just half chances that I couldn't take. I think would have won if i'd have taken it to the decider.

Those pockets are deadly though.

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:Can I also add that it didn't help that the ref I had in my match against Sonny was quite fit.

No it wasn't Eirian Williams.

Scouse Pete has lost weight ? :bowdown:

Postby Roland

She was taking photos later on in her non referring outfit and she was attracting a lot of male attention :redneck:

Tanya I think. Sounds East European.

My take on the match with Alex is that even though I was knackered, I was more used to the tables so I took what was there and make Alex work for chances. He was keeping it tight but so was I and we did have some cracking safety battles. There was the incident at 2-0 and the miss where I did feel a bit a runt in having the balls replaced because I know Alex was trying but in fairness he was miles off hitting the brown and I didn't fancy the shot that he left so I had him put back. But he won that frame on the black after I missed a dead weight all or nothing final black. We had a great battle in the last frame with the pink blocking the corner pocket and blue over another pocket so the idea was to stop the opponent having a crack at the brown by leaving it in the quarter of the table with the pink.

My best shot was the first red I potted in my only 30 break. It was a shot to nothing tight angle to middle, white back for black safe if missed, but it went in. That's the tightest angle I've potted so far into these middles.

I watched a couple of frames of his last match and the poor bloke was clearly struggling. I told him to not hit the ball so hard and he nodded but after missing a couple of stroked attempts reverted back to hitting it too hard.

The guy you were playing there Alex was part of the Martin Gould entourage by the way. It was played in good spirit. I was laughing my head off at the miss on the brown and he kept putting it back and playing the same shot and missing and handed you about 20 points. He didn't seem bothered in the least. I'd imagine he won't last past the next round though. He made some good pots but he was thrashing them around without any thought most of the time.

Are you coming up tomorrow? You should do. The Shotmaker is being promoted in the players lounge tomorrow. Early signs are good. Syd couldn't get enough of it and Ben was loving what I showed him of it.

Postby Alex0paul

He managed to win his other match too. I doubt i'll be able to make it up tomorrow as the latest possible train is at 6:17am which would give me 4 hours of sleep to get my match. Wish I had booked a hotel now really.