Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:because they are at the top of the table and the lobby giving access to that side is not accessible to the audience.

ah right, the "crowd" are on the side with the booths / 2 rows of seating for each table then

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:Well those seats were not available for the audience... serious

Haha why not?

His ass would be in your face lol

Postby Wildey

http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com/ ... _Qual.html

Results

Alex Taubman 4-1 Matt Northern
Simon Woodward 0-4 Stephen Ellis
Phil O'Kane 4-0 Sachin Plaha
Stephen Kent 1-4 Ben Fortey
Roland Cox 0-4 David Bailey
James Loft 4-2 Terry Challenger
Nick Pearce 3-4 Ross Muir
Ollie Douglas 4-0 Paul Mount
Darryl Hill 1-4 Ben Harrison
Tom Johnson 1-4 Gavin Lewis
Ricky Hong Chin 4-0 Anthony Robson
Alex Hutchings w/o Guy Loft

Postby Roland

Yeah the shot I missed in frame 3 which forced the tweet.

I took it for granted, I was stretching, about 20 points behind and thinking "this is chance to clear up and win the frame". I should have got the mini-extension out and taken my time but instead I thought I can't miss this, just drop it in and be on pink or black and then the work starts. It really goes to show how tough these pockets are because there's no way I would've missed that on the tables I've been playing on recently. But that's how I lost frame 3.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Yeah the shot I missed in frame 3 which forced the tweet.

I took it for granted, I was stretching, about 20 points behind and thinking "this is chance to clear up and win the frame". I should have got the mini-extension out and taken my time but instead I thought I can't miss this, just drop it in and be on pink or black and then the work starts. It really goes to show how tough these pockets are because there's no way I would've missed that on the tables I've been playing on recently. But that's how I lost frame 3.

when you see it like that though its still hard to imagine you missed it, stretching or not :chuckle:

Postby Roland

Yeah I know, but I did miss it. What can I say? I was pretty stunned when I went back to my chair. You cannot let your concentration go for a second when you're playing on these tables.

Postby Wildey

yes but you have to remember these are super fast cloths so any sort of side exaggerates the shot off line and by stretching hitting centre ball is harder.

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:yes but you have to remember these are super fast cloths so any sort of side exaggerates the shot off line and by stretching hitting centre ball is harder.

I can cope with the cloth speed, that's not a problem. It's the nap and the way the cueball reacts. I've not learnt the limits of what's possible. It's so different to club cloths it's unreal. I've played on faster club cloths but not those where any hint of side throws the cueball so much. It's crazy. You go back to your chair scratching you head thinking "what the buck?"

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:The guy I was playing had a miss put back because he didn't fancy this type of red:

and he could play.

was that in the first frame?

did he fear jawing it if he played it at pace to get out for the black then you coming to the table with the easy starter and winning in one visit ;-)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The guy I was playing had a miss put back because he didn't fancy this type of red:

and he could play.

so in a way he knew his limitations having had experience of missing that shot before and if a pro did that he would be seen as negative on forums and in commentary.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Yeah I know, but I did miss it. What can I say? I was pretty stunned when I went back to my chair. You cannot let your concentration go for a second when you're playing on these tables.

ive missed them ones before, usually if im trying to pot them thin and pinch a bit of the pocket to keep the white a good bit away from the black

Postby Roland

He knew his limitations as in he knew how hard that shot is on these tables. That recreation is not an exaggeration by the way. You can't drop it in and be on the black, you have to play with medium pace and even when the balls are that close to the pocket, they are DIFFICULT!!!! That's what I'm trying to get across. That is no exaggeration, that is the sort of shot that on the club table is as difficult as potting a blue off the spot from the white in baulk.

Postby Roland

Right, that's my lot. I've got a 7am alarm call and I'm picking balls out at 9am so best get some sleep.

By the way, I see where Janie is coming from, my shirt comes out white in photos when it is in fact pink. I'll wear the slightly darker one tomorrow but it'll still come out white probably.

Postby Steve K

Won my first frame against Ben Fortey but it went downhill after that! He was understandably nervous at the start and missed loads of easy pots but I had my chances throughout but failed to capitalize on them. Just need more practice in general really but I was happy to have won the first frame (he got the 2 snookers he needed on the pink and I nearly lost it!) and to have experienced what it is like to play on the same tables as the professionals.The ball really travels and it is so easy to apply side it is unreal.

Thanks Monique, once again great photos!

Here are the my photos from day 1 - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0635684244

Postby Roland

I'm off to get showered and head back up there in my zombie state. I couldn't sleep, I kept waking up thinking about playing Nick Pearce and missing every pot because of the pockets. They've got inside my head big time. I will try and relax and enjoy it and not take on anything too silly. I'll see if I can grind for a bit and put everything safe, it could be my only chance. :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Going down early to watch Sonny's second match and do a bit of scouting <laugh>

Should be a very interesting game at 1

Well he would have had time to play one or 2 shots what about you <laugh>