Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:So tempted to enter PTC 2 just to play at the academy again.

well closing date is tuesday not much chance to think about it.

Always better that way

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wild wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:So tempted to enter PTC 2 just to play at the academy again.

well closing date is tuesday not much chance to think about it.

Always better that way

if you got the cash and time to do it go for it mate might get another w/o :john: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Scores Courtesy of Twitter Live from the Academy

Jamie Jones 1-4 Martin Gould

Michael White 4-2 Sydney Wilson

Robert Valiant 1-4 John Higgins

Mark Joyce 4-0 Stephen Maguire

Ben Harrison 2-3 Sam Harvey

Jimmy Robertson 4-1 Shane Castle

Leo Fernandez 0-4 Ryan Day

Michael Holt 2-1 Sean O'Sullivan
Last edited by Wildey on 05 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Can't do an in depth day summary because I've got cousin here but it was highly enjoyable. Showed Reanne the picture of Alex and his comment about photoshop and she laughed. (That's not a highlight, was browsing topic to catch up and got reminded :redneck: ).

What can I say... so much happened. We've got the arrival of John Higgins exactly at the same time as cousin and PSB Matt which was 5pm and from then on it was hectic. But it was hectic before... I played my last match against Eden Sharav at 11am. I played alright except for the last frame, by that I mean I potted a few good long pots at the right speed, I played a few good safety shots but he would just find a long red, go bang and knock in a big break. Very talented player and one of Mark's (Jones) tips.

John Higgins was really suffering from hay fever, I thought it was man flu but his eyes were streaming so he was in a bad way. The excitement among the young players to have the World Champion here was obvious and they all want to play him.

Other than that I followed Ben where I could and also took cousin along to watch Syd Wilson for a few frames. Syd's dad was hilarious when I showed him Shotmaker (bit of background - he asked does it do x and y before I showed him) because he got talking about a shot Syd played and what he should have played and as he described I drew, and he thought I was interested in the shot rather than showing him the software! I said proudly "do you mean he played this shot and should have played this shot because the shot he played left his opponent this shot?" and he said "yeah that's right" as I went through the diagrams. There's Syd in the background going "Dad forget about that what do you think of the software?" and me and cousin laughing.

Anyway, Syd says he will definitely join the forum so look out for him. A great lad and very entertaining and natural player. One of the beauties of this event for me is seeing the young players with all the talent before they've been bashed around in the qualifiers by the big guns. They are going for everything and having fun and some of the talent on display is incredible. If you haven't guessed, the two I've gone for are Syd and Ben. :redneck:

Did an interview with Hannah and then Mark which went really well, and then Reanne came in just as I was about to have photo taken with the Joneses so took the opportunity to get her involved too. :mosh2:

First time I've ever watched Reanne play. One word - graceful.

Also grabbed a quick interview with the "kid with the glove" Ross Muir which was on the spur of the moment so had no questions prepared but I'll manage to extract something out of it.

Right, that'll do. Just had to get it down now while it's fresh and then I'll do a proper write up for the blog in due course.

Pink Ribbon - the Glastonbury of snooker :ahh:

Glad you enjoyed it, Mr. Cox. Not really read through this thread much, but I have been noticing your tweets about the snooker. Get practicing, I want you to win next year. rofl

I know you've probably covered this, but how do you feel your playing? Are you planning any more tournaments soon? It's good to see the moderator of this fine forum out there competing. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Scores Courtesy of Twitter Live from the Academy

Robert Valiant 1-3 John Higgins

Ben Harrison 2-3 Sam Harvey

Michael Holt 2-1 Sean O'Sullivan

Gould has been giving it the large in his facebook tweets. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Scores Courtesy of Twitter Live from the Academy

Robert Valiant 1-4 John Higgins

Ben Harrison 3-4 Sam Harvey

Michael Holt 4-2 Sean O'Sullivan
Last edited by Wildey on 05 Jun 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Quarter Final Draw

Martin Gould v Michael White

John Higgins v Mark Joyce

Sam Harvey v Jimmy Robertson

Ryan Day v Michael Holt

Postby Wildey

well done to Sam Harvey to be the last amateur standing.

a bit surprising if im honest he won only 3 frames in Q School in 3 matches played.

Postby Roland

Yes as I've said on Twitter, I caught the back end of the Harvey v Harrison match and Harvey is one of those really solid players with a good all round game, plays the right shots and has the bottle to pot the balls under pressure and Ben is a flare player with bags of natural ability and scores heavily when in and around the black. Think Higgins v Trump one level down and that's what it was like.

Ben's gone home, I just saw him off and he was understandably gutted about how it ended, basically he potted a really nice long red with follow through up for blue, then blue, red and well executed pack splitter from the black only for one red to end up in the middle. The balls were there for Harvey who made a 50 and kept it tight afterwards. So unlucky way to go out but he's had a good tournament.

I'll get his interview up soon along with some footage of him playing and the same goes for Syd Wilson who is a real character and another natural talent. I really hope these boys make the big time because they will be very good for the game.

Postby Wildey

i hope these players gets a TV Table at the Paul Hunter Classic but to do that they have to draw the likes of Higgins or Ronnie (if he is there)

Postby Wildey

Scores

Martin Gould 3-4 Michael White

John Higgins 2-4 Mark Joyce

Sam Harvey 3-4 Jimmy Robertson

Ryan Day 0-4 Michael Holt
Last edited by Wildey on 05 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

joyce moves 2-0 up with the aid of a first frame 82.

all info is supplied by Pro Snooker Blog and Maximum Snooker via Twitter

Postby Wildey

Mark Joyce has done it hes beaten Michael Holt 4-0 and Becomes the Pink Ribbon Champion for 2011.

Well Done to Him and Well done for everyone concerned with this Festival of Snooker although Joyce is officially the Winner the real winner is the Charity that this Tournament Supports.

Postby Roland

Yes well played Mark Joyce. I didn't watch any of his matches directly but I saw him play Higgins from 2-0 and other than that he had loads of good and convincing wins so I'm pleased for him, and I know PSB is too. He has to remain unbiased but I know he likes Mark Joyce and will be chuffed for him.

Postby Roland

GorgonaJS wrote:Was two Sean O'Sullivans?

No only one. He practices with Martin Gould so was down there with him. There were 4 entries allowed for amateurs which is why several players who were beaten were playing again. All in aid of charity because the more entries, the more money. It was £25 per entry