Post a reply

Re: Pink Ribbon Tournament Draw and Discussions !!!!

Postby Alex0paul

I honestly wasn't getting that frustrated. It probably seemed that way though as I am a very expressive person. At 2-1 the fourth frame was dragging and I started to flag thinking I can't keep this up long enough to win 3 more frames so chanced my arm a bit more.

Postby Monique

Great report Sonny. I had no idea I was putting you under such pressure...
On a serious level, i was amazed - and pleased - by the amount of young talents, very good talents on display. And this event only reinforces my opinion that we don't need more rankers, there are too much already IMO, we need more pro-ams, we need more invitationals... we need players to be able to express themselves, to experiment ad to interact with the fans, all things that the pressure and "professionalism" of ranking events prevent.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:Great report Sonny. I had no idea I was putting you under such pressure...
On a serious level, i was amazed - and pleased - by the amount of young talents, very good talents on display. And this event only reinforces my opinion that we don't need more rankers, there are too much already IMO, we need more pro-ams, we need more invitationals... we need players to be able to express themselves, to experiment ad to interact with the fans, all things that the pressure and "professionalism" of ranking events prevent.

i think the balance is fine at the moment

weve 9 ranking tournaments plus a few invitational events for the Proffessionals (Masters, Shootout, PL etc)

then theres 12 PTC events which are pro-ams plus other events like this, so the amateurs are well catered for in this sense.

Postby Roland

Alex0paul wrote:I honestly wasn't getting that frustrated. It probably seemed that way though as I am a very expressive person. At 2-1 the fourth frame was dragging and I started to flag thinking I can't keep this up long enough to win 3 more frames so chanced my arm a bit more.

Always good to get the other side. I was saying it how I saw it. You were doing a lot of head shaking!

Postby Steve K

Sean O'Sullivan gave his opinion about the event and how he got on, on his new website - http://sean-osullivan.net/news/article_19.htm

Me and my business partner are in the process of making a website for his coach Gary Filtness also. Might be turning it into a nice little business *fingers crossed* :-D