Post a reply

Re: Irish National Championships

Postby vodkadiet

Good result John. Long day for you I guess.

Good luck with the over 40s.

Postby Wildey

John From London Town wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:How did your match/matches go today John?

Thanks for asking Vodka. Just back & got knocked out in the semi's. Earned a few quid tho. Will be back down tomorrow for the Over 40's. Couple of Cold cans now & then get some bo beep.
Cheers mate.

well played John good going ?

Q School next year <ok>

Postby John From London Town

Got hammered in the Over 40's. Must say, even tho it disappoints me to do so, more than getting beat I might add, I was knackered yesterday morning playing, sore, the lot. The only reason I done well on Saturday was wrapping my oppo's up in knots safety wise. I had one fella throw out a remark to me. I knew then I was in his head & what did I do, kicked it about, put the foot on his throat, & won. Pleased with that.
Just gutted I started playing a bit more at the end of the season rather than kick it at the beginning.

Postby vodkadiet

John From London Town wrote:Got hammered in the Over 40's. Must say, even tho it disappoints me to do so, more than getting beat I might add, I was knackered yesterday morning playing, sore, the lot. The only reason I done well on Saturday was wrapping my oppo's up in knots safety wise. I had one fella throw out a remark to me. I knew then I was in his head & what did I do, kicked it about, put the foot on his throat, & won. Pleased with that.
Just gutted I started playing a bit more at the end of the season rather than kick it at the beginning.

At least you seem to have the taste for it again John. That is half the battle. :-)

vodkadiet wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Got hammered in the Over 40's. Must say, even tho it disappoints me to do so, more than getting beat I might add, I was knackered yesterday morning playing, sore, the lot. The only reason I done well on Saturday was wrapping my oppo's up in knots safety wise. I had one fella throw out a remark to me. I knew then I was in his head & what did I do, kicked it about, put the foot on his throat, & won. Pleased with that.

At least you seem to have the taste for it again John. That is half the battle. :-)

I've always loved the game vodka. That much ain't gonna change soon.
Thanks for the chat, appreciated, genuine. I'm all right.

Tubberlad wrote:Semi-finals, a good run John <ok>

Thanks tubbs. Tough going trying to get back into it after a bit of a lay off, let's call it. I love the game, hope you know that. Sometimes it is a bit easier watching rather than playing.
Hope you & your close ones are well too.
Keep smiling, it helps.

Postby PLtheRef

Well done John, good quality field there with plenty of good players, Steve Sherry gave John Higgins a run for his money in Killarney,

gallantrabbit wrote:Nice one John.
Only remembered to check this today. Way to go. Pot ballss win frames, then matches. Nice and easy :-D

Sound mate. You know who's playing well don't you, Frank Sarsfield. He's off to Bulgaria in 2 weeks time playing in the European Over 40's for Ireland.

Postby gallantrabbit

John,
I saw on facebook that he`d won an event over there, but didn`t know what it led too. Lovely fellow Frank. Always looked like he was born with a cue in his hand too.

gallantrabbit wrote:John,
I saw on facebook that he`d won an event over there, but didn`t know what it led too. Lovely fellow Frank. Always looked like he was born with a cue in his hand too.

When he won the comp you mention above, he beat me 3-2 on the black. I was 2-0 up too. lol

gallantrabbit wrote:Ouch, that one hurt then.. Mind you you`re on your way back. Frank never had a cue out of his hand as far as I know.

Yeah I know. There all rubbish scared of me.
Speaking of cue's, I'm still using the same wand. It's had its day, on the look out now for a new one. I'm thinking bewtween 2 & 300 bucks with extensions & case.
Just need to find a place to lay that money correctly. Got the summer I know, gonna use that time. :chin: