Post a reply

Re: Irish National Championships

Postby Wildey

John Mcbride Watch

our very own JFLT has won his opening match 4-0 against Gavin Halvey and goes through to the Last 64 to play Alen Matic at 2pm

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:John Mcbride Watch

our very own JFLT has won his opening match 4-0 against Gavin Halvey and goes through to the Last 64 to play Alen Matic at 2pm

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby Wildey

John lost 4-2 in the last 64 to Alen Matic :sad:

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:John lost 4-2 in the last 64 to Alen Matic :sad:

Intercourse it all!

Postby Witz78

if i was John id tell them to stick their Irish National Championship Snooker up their jacksie cos i aint playing no more and its a loada tripe.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:if i was John id tell them to stick their Irish National Championship Snooker up their jacksie cos i aint playing no more and its a loada tripe.

dont forget he has nothing against tripe :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:if i was John id tell them to stick their Irish National Championship Snooker up their jacksie cos i aint playing no more and its a loada tripe.

think it was actually nothing against northern people wasnt it :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

think it was actually nothing against northern people wasnt it :chuckle:

ohhhh yes rofl

Postby John From London Town

Just about to post my defeat & I see you already know. Thanks Wild, Vodka & Witz, appreciated. I'm not even gonna look to see what "I haven't got a good word to say about anyone" has wrote, thanks to the foe button.
Missing 2 blacks off the spot ain't going to get me very far. Pig sick to be fuckin honest. Finding it difficult to cope with missing easy balls. The fella dragged me down, & down. I couldn't keep my rythmn going at all, at all.
2 more comps left to try & kick it again. Next Saturday is the All-Ireland Intermediates, which is open to all players outside the top 16 over here then on the Sunday, the Masters comp (Over 40's), which I've entered too.
I'll post some links up when the draw is done.
Thanks again, sorry I didn't kick it. :-(

Postby Witz78

Hard lines John

u hanging around the venue for the rest of the tournament and a few sociables are you?

oh and settle the burning debate for us? just who is Paul ? ?

Witz78 wrote:Hard lines John

u hanging around the venue for the rest of the tournament and a few sociables are you?

Home now Witz. I was driving so no beer. Couldn't wait to get outta' there. Gutted mate, I really am. Hard to take playing muck like that. I was clearing the line up last night, hitting the ball really well & then that happens. I jawed nearly everything. Adittedly the pockets are seriously tight, but its the same for both of us. He was well pleased beating me, so I suppose someone is happy.
No idea who Paul is tho, sorry.

Postby vodkadiet

John From London Town wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Hard lines John

Home now Witz. I was driving so no beer. Couldn't wait to get outta' there. Gutted mate, I really am. Hard to take playing muck like that. I was clearing the line up last night, hitting the ball really well & then that happens. I jawed nearly everything. Adittedly the pockets are seriously tight, but its the same for both of us. He was well pleased beating me, so I suppose someone is happy.
No idea who Paul is tho, sorry.

Bad luck John. At least you get the chance to turn it around soon.

How would you compare your play from the first to the second match? How were the tables playing?

Cheers

Postby vodkadiet

John From London Town wrote:Thanks vodka, I'm playing again this week-end. I'll be trying proper style mate, I haven't hit them 4 a while, gonna have some fun time again me thinks vodka.
Nice

If you have fun John, that's the main thing.

Good luck.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Gavin Halvey is being investigated after irregular betting patterns emerged around that match.

Postby Smart

wheelsofsteel wrote:

Gavin Halvey is being investigated after irregular betting patterns emerged around that match.

I heard someone had staked at least £5 on Gavin to lose by a 4-0 margin..........both players have been helping the Garda with their enquiries. I'm following this on Sky News currently. :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby gallantrabbit

Unlucky John! Mind you mate so long out the game and you wanna be Jimmy White in 5 minutes?!.
Take it easy mate. Sounds like Ireland has a decent amateur/senior scene so work your way back in. Be lucky!!

gallantrabbit wrote:Unlucky John! Mind you mate so long out the game and you wanna be Jimmy White in 5 minutes?!.
Take it easy mate. Sounds like Ireland has a decent amateur/senior scene so work your way back in. Be lucky!!

Yeah I know mate. I think the gray hairs are still highlights. 45 mate, still don't think I should get beat. Anything wrong with that? <laugh>
I'm sitting here listening to Jeremy Paxman as I write this. I think I'll still be good in a row. <laugh>
Keep Smiling buddy, I'm back down in County fuckin Carlow again this Saturday & Sunday! What am I like...

Postby gallantrabbit

John From London Town wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Unlucky John! Mind you mate so long out the game and you wanna be Jimmy White in 5 minutes?!.

Yeah I know mate. I think the gray hairs are still highlights. 45 mate, still don't think I should get beat. Anything wrong with that? <laugh>
I'm sitting here listening to Jeremy Paxman as I write this. I think I'll still be good in a row. <laugh>
Keep Smiling buddy, I'm back down in County fuckin Carlow again this Saturday & Sunday! What am I like...

Nothing wrong mate. Don't knock it, there's nothing like competing. I'm still waiting/)dreaming) to hear how they're going to decide the two wildcards over here for the Brazilian masters. If those two wildcards are up for grabs I'll really start practising again. However will probably go to friends of friends as usual over here >-(
Good luck Saturday mate. Yesterday just a stepping stone ;-)