Post a reply

Pink Ribbon returns for 2011!

Postby Sarah Mount

On 17 June 2010, the South West Snooker Academy opened with the inaugural Pink Ribbon Tournament. With over 40 professionals competing in a field of 128 players, the event was very well received and a substantial amount of money was raised for breast cancer charities. The event was won by Michael Holt, who impressed throughout the tournament, beating Jimmy White in the final 6-5.

On Q Promotions are delighted to announce the return of the Pink Ribbon at the South West Snooker Academy between 2-5 June 2011.

Following on from last years success, the tournament will once again be open to both professional and amateur players of all ages and will have a guaranteed prize fund of £10,000 thanks to our sponsors, MIUS Ltd.

There will be qualifiers taking place at several selected clubs across the UK as well as at the South West Snooker Academy and the entry fee will be £25. We will be releasing more details on which clubs will be holding qualifiers and how to enter in the coming weeks.

As soon as we have more information for you, I will ensure it is posted here.

Until then, you can visit our website which will have all of the information you will need as well as an archive of last years event.

www.southwestsnookeracademy.com

We hope to see many of you who competed last year return to the Academy as well as lots of new faces.

We are currently finalising the details of the event so all of the information we currently have is on our website.

Regards

Sarah

Re: Pink Ribbon returns for 2011!

Postby Bourne

Right decision, it was a huge success last year so good luck to everyone involved in making it an even bigger success this time !

Postby Roland

If there's a qualifier near me I'll enter - imagine if I qualified for the venue! There you go, already putting pressure on myself :redneck:

Postby Witz78

Great to see this event back Sarah,good luck

Also, can you settle a long standing Snooker Island debate, just who is this mystery player who was in action at your Academy during the EPTC4?

Postby Alex0paul

Lasse Munstermann is the player or have I just been wooshed?

Postby Sarah Mount

Alex0paul WC wrote:Lasse Munstermann is the player or have I just been wooshed?

Alex0paul is correct, it is Lasse Munstermann.

Many thanks to everyone for their positive responses to the news that the Pink Ribbon is returning. Michael Holt has already paid his entry fee as has Dave Harold and Stuart Bingham has confirmed he will definitely be entering. All On Q players will be competing in the event too so expect to see Adam Wicheard, Alfie Burden, Andrew Norman, Andrew Pagett, Andy Hicks, Barry Hawkins, Dominic Dale, Gerard Greene, Jak Jones, Jamie O'Neill, Jimmy Robertson, Jimmy White, Kyren Wilson, Mark Davis, Michael Wasley, Reanne Evans, Robert Milkins, Tony Drago!

Lots of other Pros have said they would like to enter but with the World Qualifiers being on last week getting confirmed entries has nor been a priority.

Deadline for entries is 7th May 2011.

Sonny-you should definitely enter. Come and play in the qualifier at the SWSA on the 2nd June. If you qualify, fantastic! If you don't stay on and watch on the 3rd-it's a really relaxed atmosphere so I am sure you could arrange some chats/interviews with players there. Last year it was fantastic seeing everyone so relaxed and enjoying each others company. Pros, amateur players and spectators all have access to the players lounge so it's a great atmosphere!

Postby Roland

<ok>

It will be an honour to pick out the balls on a Star table and see one close up

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:<ok>

We'll all turn out at the venue in force, and support you. :D A Snooker Island away trip. :dance:

Postby randam05

I was going to enter but unfortunately parents arranged a holiday to spain that week! which im furious about..I dont even like the hot sun :(

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't Lasse Munstermann enter one of those World Series events, that John Higgins promoted? I have recollections of finding his name very funny, and trying to convince my friend that having a name that resembled Monster Munch would be awesome.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I was going to enter but unfortunately parents arranged a holiday to spain that week! which im furious about..I dont even like the hot sun :(

Yeah, foreign holidays are rubbish. Especially if you go somewhere touristy. You go all the way to Spain to meet English people, and eat English food. Then you come back with sunburn.

I've got a colleague at work that can't believe that my holiday every year is taking a week off to watch The Masters, and having a long weekend in Sheffield. He like to tour the world, take a month long holiday some other country, and I like to sit and watch snooker on TV. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:<ok>

Is it okay, if every time your opponent gets down on a shot, I start chanting; "Who the bucking hell are you?" at them. <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

Thought I would bump this up as entries close on the 7th.

I'll be there in the qualifiers. Any other Snooker Island guys playing?

Postby Roland

Not done it yet but I will use my 4 chances because I'll need them

Postby Alex0paul

Entered it four times. Would be great if there was a snooker island clash in the qualifiers

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Not done it yet but I will use my 4 chances because I'll need them

u might get lucky and draw Rooney Shrek in the first round :chuckle:

Postby Alex0paul

Apparently there have been over 340 entries so far. Don't know if that includes people entering four times or not.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Apparently there have been over 340 entries so far. Don't know if that includes people entering four times or not.

you might play yourself twice <laugh>

Postby weewelshwitch

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Apparently there have been over 340 entries so far. Don't know if that includes people entering four times or not.

you might play yourself twice <laugh>

not sure where you got that figure from mate and I'm the only person with the entry list!!

it's gone over 200 and still counting.

You have 24 hours left to get entries in. ring Academy on 01452 223214 today or tomorrow to do cc/dd
the more the merrier. All entry money to Breast Cancer Care charities

Entry fee £25 for one entry - and yes you can enter 4 times but NO you can't play yourself - well not unless you get through twice to the last 32, which means beating all the pros in your sections of the draw - 2 or 3 times - in which case you deserve to play yourself!!

Postby weewelshwitch

Alex0paul wrote:Thought I would bump this up as entries close on the 7th.

I'll be there in the qualifiers. Any other Snooker Island guys playing?

Yes come on Snooker Island boys - come and bash up Roland and the Pros!!

If you're coming as a spectator we have spectator ticket prices at amazingly good prices

and boys we have a BAR now!! :happy:

Entries close on 9th May.

Postby weewelshwitch

The field is headed up by World champion John Higgins. Last time he potted a ball was to win the World - next he (hopefully) pots a ball will be in the Pink Ribbon.

Other pros include Stephen Maguire, Graeme Dott, Marcus (Ice Cream King) Campbell, Judd Trump, Jack Lisowski, Martin Gould, Barry Pinches, Jimmy white, defending champ Michael Holt. Mike Dunn, Peter Lines, Martin Gould, Alfie Burden, Rob Milkins, Andy Hicks. Joe Perry, Ryan Day, Liam Highfield, Anthony McGill and many more.