11.30am

Ryan Day v Stephen Lee
Stuart Bingham v Dave Harold
Jimmy White v Ricky Walden
Robert Milkins v Sam Craigie

Re: Pink Ribbon Draw and Discusion

Postby Sarah Mount

Hello!

Thank you for taking an interest in the tournament and the Academy. It's been a very long but very enjoyable few days and there have been some fantastic matches.

I thought I would come on here to clear a few things up for those wondering certain things. Internet access was a case of it being a new building and having to wait for the company to come and install it in the building. We have a fantastic IT set up in place for the Academy including the remote control live scoring system used by World Snooker for all match tables, our own web server and a video distribution system which will allow us to stream matches live over the internet. It's just a shame we were unable to get internet access in time for this tournament but everyone has done the best they can in the circumstances. We have provided Janie with a dongle for her computer in order to assist her with getting the information onto Global Snooker as soon as possible although it is obviously a slower connection than we would have liked but these things happen!

As for Reanne, she had a pre-booked holiday arranged and we always knew she would not be availble for the whole tournament but Paul and myself really wanted Reanne and her family to be part of the opening of the Academy. The fact that they attended was much appreciated. Reanne was also keen to come and see the facilities that she will be using at least three days a week. Her opponent in the first round, Alan Battman was invited to rejoin the tournament in her place (as if she had not entered he would have had a bye) which he was delighted to accept and which was made even more special as he has been friends with Ryan for many years yet had never played snooker against him. He was still smiling after having lost 4-0 and was very grateful at the chance to play Ryan which we of course were thrilled by.

Monique-I am very much looking forward to seeing you again after having met you in Sheffield.
Suzy-I am also looking forward to seeing you again.

Thank you to everyone involved with Snooker Island and for all the interest and support-it is most appreciated!

If anyone has any questions about the tournament or the Academy then please do feel free to ask and I will attempt to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Regards

Sarah Mount

Re: Pink Ribbon Draw and Discusion

Postby Roland

Hi Sarah and welcome to the Island! We figured the internet access would be down to BT - isn't it always? The pictures I've seen of the Academy look very impressive. How does it compare with the Academy in Sheffield do you think and will you be looking to host any of the PTC events? Also who will be the regular "names" you expect to be practicing there?

Re: Pink Ribbon Draw and Discussion

Postby Sarah Mount

Hi Sonny,

Thank you for the welcome and for your comments regarding your impressions of the Academy from the pictures you have seen.

The Academy in Sheffield is a lovely facility but I would say the main difference between the two is that we can accommodate spectators, we have a players lounge for players to relax in during the lead up to matches, we are in our own building which is 100% dedicated to snooker and we have removable walls in the match rooms to allow us to close off each room.

We would be thrilled to host any of the PTC events but we are aware of the fact that having high quality facilities is not enough. We have to prove that we are capable of successfully running tournaments to a professional standard and of course it would be a benefit if the players enjoyed playing at our Academy also.

In terms of who we expect to be practising at the Academy on a regular basis, we already have players booked in for next week off the back of this tournament for practice time in the lead up to the first PTC event. All of our players that we manage as part of On Q Promotions will use the facilities regulary especially in the build up to PTC's, qualifiers and ranking events. Those players are:

Adam Wicheard
Alfie Burden
Andrew Norman
Andrew Pagett
Andy Hicks
Barry Hawkins
Dominic Dale
Gerard Greene
Jimmy Robertsom
Jimmy White
Mark Davis
Michael Wasly
Reanne Evans
Robert Milkins
Stephen Lee

Several of them live within an hour of the Academy and intend to use it as their main practice facility. Others who live a little further will travel to Gloucester for a few days at a time every few weeks in order to get practice time on the tables. We have bought a house which we will use to house players visiting for a few days at a time so they can feel comfortable and have a home from home kind of feel to Gloucester-we hope!

Other players who have expressed an interest in using the Academy often include Ricky Walden, Mark Williams and Joe Perry amongst others. The benefit to using the Academy will be the chance to meet with a variety of Pros and have a mixture of practice partners.

Postby Wildey

sarah

thank you very much for taking the time to clear up a few things that was a bit pussling Reanne Evans no show today was pussling me and a bit disappointing for me personally because i pin pointed her match with Ryan Day as match of the round today lol

but these things cant be helped and i hope to see her having many matches with top players this season.

i wander if Barry Hearn will make it a Hat trick of Wild Cards and give her a PL Place..We will see.

snooker is moving forward in the right direction at last and im sure your academy will be a integral part in the shaping of snooker for many years to come. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Last 16

Mark Joyce 4-3 Judd Trump
David Grace 1-4 Gerard Green

Tom Ford 1-4 Michael Holt
Anthony McGill 0-4 Joe Perry
Ryan Day 4-1 Stephen Lee
Stuart Bingham 4-1 Dave Harold

Jimmy White 3-3 Ricky Walden
Robert Milkins 2-0 Sam Craigie

Postby Roland

Janie from Global Snooker has put some photos up on facebook. Looks like a brand new snooker club, you can almost smell the paint just by looking at the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... =711116790

There are a lot of sun tans going on. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Janie from Global Snooker has put some photos up on facebook. Looks like a brand new snooker club, you can almost smell the paint just by looking at the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... =711116790

There are a lot of sun tans going on. <laugh>

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home
View Janie's Profile

ill have to bloody sighn up to see them :grrr:

Postby Wildey

Last 16 Saturday 19th of June

Best of 7 Frames

Results

David Grace 1-4 Gerard Greene
Ryan Day 4-1 Stephen Lee
Jimmy White 4-3 Ricky Walden
Robert Milkins 4-2 Sam Craigie

Quarter Finals Saturday 19th of June

Best of 9 Frames

5.00pm

Gerard Greene v Mark Joyce
Michael Holt v Joe Perry
Ryan Day v Stuart Bingham
Jimmy White v Robert Milkins
Last edited by Wildey on 19 Jun 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

whats worrieng is Monique must be on her knees to take the pic :redneck: <laugh>

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:whats worrieng is Monique must be on her knees to take the pic :redneck: <laugh>

Oh no ;)... I was seated like a good girl and looking all innocent!

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:whats worrieng is Monique must be on her knees to take the pic :redneck: <laugh>

Oh no ;)... I was seated like a good girl and looking all innocent!

was it a Zoom lens or did he have his ass in ur face lol

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals Best of 9 Frames

Gerard Green 0-0 Mark Joyce
Michael Holt 1-0 Joe Perry
Ryan Day 1-1 Stuart Bingham
Jimmy White 2-0 Robert Milkins

Postby Wildey

Gerard Green 3-0 Mark Joyce
Michael Holt 5-0 Joe Perry
Ryan Day 3-2 Stuart Bingham
Jimmy White 5-0 Robert Milkins

Christ Cheesyman must be Tickled Pink ;)
Last edited by Wildey on 19 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

Bingham on 21 frames?

I'd love to see Holt do well and have a good season because I've yet to see him play anywhere decent and I know he's a good player.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:Gerard Green 3-0 Mark Joyce
Ryan Day 3-21 Stuart Bingham

Christ Cheesyman must be Tickled Pink ;)

more like tickleing his pink

Postby Bourne

In truth, it probaby won't make up for R1 Sheffield even a fraction, but still, a good run.

Postby Wildey

Last 16 Saturday 19th of June

Best of 7 Frames

Results

David Grace 1-4 Gerard Greene
Ryan Day 4-1 Stephen Lee
Jimmy White 4-3 Ricky Walden

Robert Milkins 4-2 Sam Craigie

Quarter Finals Saturday 19th of June

Best of 9 Frames

5.00pm

Gerard Greene 5-1 Mark Joyce
Ryan Day 5-3 Stuart Bingham

Semi Finals Sunday 20th of June

Best of 9 Frames

9.30am

Gerard Green v Michael Holt
Ryan Day v Jimmy White

Final Sunday 20th of June

Best of 11 Frames

4.00pm

Gerard Green/Michael Holt v Ryan Day/Jimmy White
Last edited by Wildey on 19 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.