Topic locked

Re: Pink Ribbon Draw and Discussion

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:Nooo! Holt's ballsing it up again! :(

yes lost 3 frames on the spin but looking at the frame scores in the last 3 frames hes scored 39 points to jimmy's 244 with jimmy making 110,65 and 61 so its not all down to holtys balls up lol

Postby Wildey

Holt wins the decider with a 129 Break and to be honest deserves to win it he has been the main man but he has to keep it going next week in the PTC.

Postby Roland

Congratulations to Michael Holt who gets that lovely trophy and also to his most loyal fan Cheesyman!

Now time to build on that performance and win some PTC events Holty <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Congratulations to Michael Holt who gets that lovely trophy and also to his most loyal fan Cheesyman!

it would just be typical next week he flops ..

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Congratulations to Michael Holt who gets that lovely trophy and also to his most loyal fan Cheesyman!

Ever the optimist <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Ever the optimist <ok>

im looking forward to the draw tomorrow see who plays who in what part of the draw and see what happens no disrespect to this tournament it was a good field and highly competitive but there was only about 35 main tour pros playing in it and Ryan Day the only top 16 player.

Postby Monique

Thrilling final.
Michael Holt 6-5 Jimmy White.
Very high standard - 4 tons
Michael lead 4-1 and 5-2 only for Jimmy to force a decider and Michael to clinch victory with a fantastic 129 TC

pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... ddc2282937
Last edited by Monique on 21 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Monique wrote:Typo! My bad. Of course it was 6-5. Didn't I write Jimmy forced a decider?

How'd Jimmy look Mon? Was he in good form? What company is he keeping these days?

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Monique wrote:Typo! My bad. Of course it was 6-5. Didn't I write Jimmy forced a decider?

How'd Jimmy look Mon? Was he in good form? What company is he keeping these days?

i did not see it i was not in Gloucester lol but im in a predicting mood tonight so my take by globalsnooker was that Jimmy was patchy some frames he won well others was a struggle take his 5-0 win against milkins that could have gone either way the score didn't reflect the match.

wildJONESEYE wrote:

i did not see it i was not in Gloucester lol but im in a predicting mood tonight so my take by globalsnooker was that Jimmy was patchy some frames he won well others was a struggle take his 5-0 win against milkins that could have gone either way the score didn't reflect the match.

Have you lost your resepct for Jimmy White wild or....did you ever have any for him? He's a lad, bottom line mate.

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Have you lost your resepct for Jimmy White wild or....did you ever have any for him? He's a lad, bottom line mate.

:chin: :chin: :chin:

Postby Monique

John, I'll try to answer your question properly and I need to think about my feelings while seeing Jimmy at and off the table.
I'm shattered TBH right now.

Monique wrote:John, I'll try to answer your question properly and I need to think about my feelings while seeing Jimmy at and off the table.
I'm shattered TBH right now.

Don't worry Mon, you do what you got to do & answer me whenever your ready. PM me if you want, if not much has changed. ;)

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:That's how its starting to look to me anyway. ;)

stop drinking lol

seriously i have nothing but respect for jimmy white the man and player but im not a fan of over reaction however in that post that was me being honest to how i thought his week went great he reached a final and hopefully he can built on it and give us something real to cheer but ive seen so many false dawn by him and for that matter hendry for so many years im keeping my feet firmly on the floor.

wildJONESEYE wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:That's how its starting to look to me anyway. ;)

stop drinking lol

seriously i have nothing but respect for jimmy white the man and player but im not a fan of over reaction however in that post that was me being honest to how i thought his week went great he reached a final and hopefully he can built on it and give us something real to cheer but ive seen so many false dawn by him and for that matter hendry for so many years im keeping my feet firmly on the floor.

That's fine wild, you've explained yourself well mate. Excuse me. <ok>

Postby Wildey

John

what is your thoughts on some calling jimmy a bottler ?

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:John

Jimmy has choked, make no mistake about it but hes the peoples champion and he'll always have a place in the heart of all his fans who cheered him 0n time and time again in ALL those finals :sad:

Ten times the player of most of the current top 16 players <ok>

wildJONESEYE wrote:John

Easy to take things out of context if you don't know,......you don't know.

What I do know, is if you abuse your body too much, when you are under pressure, your body develops tics out your control. Sientific fact, unfortunatley. I listened to a Doctor when I asked him about it.

Postby Wildey

All players has choked at some point you could say Ronnie choked the masters but hes won the WC Jimmy hasent had he won in 1992 from 14-8 up that black he missed in 1994 would have been seen differently and to define a player as a choker based on 2 matches in 30 years playing is wrong in my opinion.

he is no more a choker than anyone else put under pressure would be.

Postby Monique

I don't think Jimmy is a "choker", although most probably in his last WC finals the past history played on his mind. He's only human. In my opinion Jimmy's "underachievement" is related to his lifestyle and the mentality that goes with it. You can't expect to win the WC when you go on a bender in the middle of the final... Jimmy's weaknesses was also why he was so popular: most ordinary people could relate to him in a way they couldn't to Hendry or Davis.
As for Jimmy being ten times the player most in the current top 16 are, no, I don't think so neither. He was ten times a crowd pleaser, yes, and he's able to pull some fantastic shots, in part because he was also a very good billiard player and some of his shots came right from those billiard skills that you rarely see in snooker. It seems that in the mind of many the past is alway soooo better. Well go back to footages and reality.

Postby Wildey

What gets me with people when players miss pots in the last frame its seen as choaking however in a 35 frame match snooker players miss balls in every frame but if they miss them in the first frame its not seen as choaking.

the main reason for missing balls is taking them for granted and taking theire eyes off the ball.

yes from 14-8 up jimmy did choake a bit but that black ball in 1994 is seen as choaking because it was the decider and its easy to say a player choked i just think he thought he had won for the first time and just played it a bit quick.